Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Can footyroom do more of prize predictors?
Arsenal_infinite 8 years ago
Arsenal, England 3 27

I've noticed there is a new thing footyroom added to the homepage where it is the " euro 2016 predictor " which you can earn prize money from which I think is an amazing idea. I actually just made an account just to participate because I want my name to be up on the leaderboards and not just written as " guest " lol. I think it would be cool if footyroom could do these more regularly such as " who would win the premier league 2017 " or champions league winners 2017 and top goal scorers. Would be fun and competitive to play in.

Comments
FootyRoom 8 years ago
36 175

For now we only show top 50 users in the leaderboard. We don't have plans to show more than top 50.

Once the game has started and points are recalculated that leaderboard will show rank and points. If you are not in the top 50 you will be able to see your rank and points in the status bar.

We do plan to run predictor every season now. It's not decided which competitions will be supported though.

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Looks awesome. Thank you FootyRoom.

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Great job @FootyRoom, awesome idea, thank you !

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Awesome idea! Funny that new members asks for new prediction leagues with prizes too lol.

Just wondering though, what steps have you taken to make sure multi accounts get banned? What stops anyone from using a proxy, making a new account linked to a new mail, and then just predict the fuck out of the euro 2016 predictor? Like this 'f_the_mod guy' that keeps coming back on here? What if he would just be more discreet? Would he go below the radar then?

FootyRoom 8 years ago
36 175

We have anti-cheating algorithms in place. Doesn't stop them from making predictions but they won't pass review. After the points are calculated each player will be checked for multiple accounts and other cheating. I can't discuss what measures we take but they are there. Proxy won't help them, neither will new email.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Hey footyroom, got a question for you.., just wondering why all the guests accounts are on the leaderboard. I read through the rules that said you have to make an account to enter the competition? it would be fun to see how we're doing in comparison to other members here in FR. Right now, it's just pretty messy, and most people don't show up on the leaderboard.

FootyRoom 8 years ago
36 175

Guest accounts can turn into registered user accounts at any time when they decide to sign up. That's why we show them in the leaderboard. However, if they don't signup then their points won't count in the end and their prize will go to the next closest registered user.

You raise some valid points about seeing your progress in comparison to other members. We'll have to think about the best way to present it.

louis_van_gaal 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 38 786

How about doing it the way the comments are set up where you can see all the of the points together, just the guests and then just the users?

porkey 8 years ago
Liverpool, Trinidad and Tobago 9 85

i notice that i ranked 2 ..but i only got 15 points....... where as there are 50 or people got 30 points

FootyRoom 8 years ago
36 175

@porkey, that is because players with same amount of points share the same rank. Since this is only after one game a lot of people have same points. It will get more interesting as the contest progresses.

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Is the prizes given to the top 5 in the leaderboards or by ranking?