Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Book Recommendation
man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

Ok. So just saying, this is "OFF TOPIC"
Yes it's even a little weird for the Off Topic section but who cares.
Anyways, I was just wondering if any of you guys know good books to read over the summer.
I was wondering if you guys knew books along the lines of the 'Lord of the Rings' series, 'Harry Potter' series, and 'The Hobbit' No books like the Twilight series that will decrease my IQ. :]
Thanks.

Comments
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Dear man_utd:
I consider myself an avid reader (although I haven't read much recently b/c I'm swamped with work).  In any case, it seems like the genre of books you prefer is "Fantasy/Epics".  While those aren't the typcial books I read I remember reading a book called "The Eye of the Dragon" by Steven King.  It was excellent as I recall. Don't worry it's not a "horror story" or any corny shit like that. It's swords/wizards type tale and his style of writing is simply one of the best. IMO that's what really makes his books stand out.
If you like other genres as well just let me know and I'll be glad to recommend you other books if I can.

man_utd 12 years ago

@Footaholic
I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks.

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

a game of thrones? I dont read much but I know people who like LOTR really like this book

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Try ranger's apprentice. It's kind of an easy read but very entertaining. It's about a young boy who finds hinself in a position of great responsibility and goes in adventures. Medieval-ish kind of book

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

the immmortals of meluha | the kite runner

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

While some books are good for sheer entertainment, you should also read novels. Especially those that make you think. My recommendations are 1984 by George Orwell and (my personal favorite) Atonement by Ian McEwan. Just my two cents. Cheerio!

@Tuanis I'm watching Game of Thrones (the TV show) and it's so awesome. I'd imagine the book would be as good.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Before I tell you my books, man_utd, I just wanted to let you know that even though Croatia are out, there's definitely a next time for them to blossom. They have huge potential to become real underdogs.

Anyway, I've read 'The Hobbit'. It's very good indeed. Haven't read all the HP series, nor any of the LOTR books. I've already watched the movies, so I wouldn't be bothered reading the books even it there are some missing parts from the films.

However, I personally enjoy reading the Hunger Games series by Sarah Collins. It does seem a bit popular nowadays, but  I think It's very amusing and entertaining. It will certainly expand your imagination ;).

And I think someone here mention TV shows as well. I highly recommend y to watch Breaking Bad. In fact, you are OBLIGATED to start watching the Breaking Bad series because it's the best fckin TV show today, and maybe Mad Men as well.

So yeah.

Books: Sarah Collins Hunger Games series
TV shows: Breaking Bad and Mad Men

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Breaking Bad Rated 9.5/10 on IMDB.com (highest rating for any TV Show on the website)

I have 4 seasons on my laptop but I will not watch them coz the 5th season is about to start It will take me 10 days to finish 4 seasons back to back  but what after that ??? the never ending curiosity to know what happens next in the series will haunt me!!

PS : The series is not broadcasted in India so I will not spoil my viewer experience by watching the 4 seasons and then waiting for 5th season to end so I can download it next year. 

As Heisinberg said Breaking Bad is A MUST MUST MUST MUST WATCH (though i haven't watched it !! hehe..) 

man_utd 12 years ago

Thanks for all the recommendations.
I will definitely give all of them a try.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ah, if you're a fan of JRR Tolkien, you should definitely read The Silmarillion. It is also by Tolkien and it is probably the best book he ever wrote, but it is not as popular as the Lord of The Rings series. The Silmarillion is about the history of Middle-Earth, everything that happened up to Bilbo Baggins' story. It has Feanor, Aragorn, Gandalf, and many many other heroes in it. It is absolutely fantastic and the literature is above top class. Best book I ever read! :]
Hope you read it. Cheers ~

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Agatha Christe- Ten Little Negers.

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Expertfootball: that is an EXCELLENT choice. Although I believe that title is no longer used and it is now known as "Ten Little Indians" or more commonly, "And Then There Were None".  Fascinating book, I remember reading it in primary school. I second it.

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

i would recommend  the hunger games. i don't read that many books, but i enjoyed reading the hunger games, its very strange...its kinda like lord of the flies in a way, and if you have read lord of the flies (most people who like reading books have so im assuming you have) then you will like the hunger games :)

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

thats of course if you like lord of the flies*

The_Iraqi_Maestro 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

I am Zlatan Ibrahimovic.. its a great book he tells about his life and about his fight with guardiola and how he got made it so far..

Jaewon 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 3 73

CHERUB. it's a series