Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Biggest media franchise in the world?
Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Gotta catch 'em all... except I never managed to catch them all.

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

All over the globe? Harry Potter, Pokemon, Mario, Batman are the strongest names.

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

Need more votes! There are a lot more than 10 people here, VOTE GUYS!

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

Picking Star Wars even though I know it's not as global as others. The Force is still strong with me!

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

You're not supposed to pick the one you subjectively prefer...

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Yu-Gi-Oh! > Poketrash

Fight me you useless peasants

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Madridista Its time to d-d-d-duel! But seriously, the YGO card game is hard to play, you alway have to buy new card if you want to stay competitive and it made that much worse with the fact that new card don't combine well with older one. Still, making a deck is enjoyable as bananas. :D

@Dyn Few are those who actually did. And many of those who do wasted way more time and money they should have on these game. Though I may not be one to speak, I propably wasted 400 hour altogether on pokemon games. :P

On another note, I sometime wonder if people do realize it existed way before pokemon go? :(

Edit: Lily, you really need to start thinking about working in publicity and try to get hired by the people making the new HP movie. You would clearly do well. XD

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Madridista Its time to d-d-d-duel! But seriously, the YGO card game is hard play, you alway have to buy new card if you want to stay competitive and it made that much worse with the fact that new card don't combine well with older one. Still, making a deck is enjoyable as bananas. :D

@Dyn Few are those who actually did. And many of those who do wasted way more time and money they should have on these game. Though I may not be one to speak, I propably wasted 400 hour altogether on pokemon games. :P

On another note, I sometime wonder if people do realize it existed way before pokemon go? :(

@Madridista Its time to d-d-d-duel! But seriously, the YGO card game is hard play, you alway have to buy new card if you want to stay competitive and it made that much worse with the fact that new card don't combine well with older one. Still, making a deck is enjoyable as bananas. :D

Edit: Lily, you really need to start thinking about working in publicity and try to get hired by the people making the new HP movie. You would clearly do well. XD

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

You prefer Yu-Gi-Oh! over Pokemon? That's fine. But this has nothing to do with personal preference.

If you think Yu-Gi-Oh is a bigger media franchise than Pokemon, I'd be happy to provide some numbers.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Lilywhite Well, of course it doesn't get as much money as Pokemon, but hey, everyone is welcome to their believe. After all, what the point of making a poll if your gonna say at the end of the day: "You are wrong, I got number who prove it!" Just saying. :P

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

Hey Emo, good point, but I will share once again the main point that is crucial here:

Do not vote for what you prefer. Vote for what you think is the the biggest media franchise in the world.

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

@Lily people will most of the time vote for what they prefer, it's not really something you can change. A bit surprising to see Mario which is huge worldwide with few votes and Star Wars which is not that big outside North America with more votes. Where is Transformers on this poll? Maybe Star Trek? Sonic? Call of Duty? Simpsons?

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

From the list, Pokemon.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Lily No doubt doubt Pokemon is the bigger franchise. I just wanted to start a riot but as you can see I failed miserable.

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

Transformers, Star Trek, Sonic, COD, Simpsons are all big media franchises, but none of them comparable to the values of the ones listed above. Compare for example the brand worth of Harry Potter or Star Wars, over $25 billion, to Star Trek, under $5 billion. It's no point to have on the list because they're just not big enough.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

harry potter

Lilywhite 7 years ago
28 468

Come on, let's reach 30 votes!

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Me 30!!!

In Asia, @Dragonball is THE thing!!! read, watched since childhood.

Have you guys heard of Doraemon???

• History

In Asia, @Dragonball is THE thing!!! read, watched since childhood.

Have you guys heard of Doraemon???

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Tuan_jinn Heard of it but never understood what it really was about. I get its a popular show for kid or something like that? You should share some stuff about asian culture one of those day jinn, would be super interesting. There quite a few thing I really like from japan as well, like DBZ, Godzilla and hen... huh, manga, I meant. :P

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

tuan_jinn

Dragon Ball was pretty boring and old fashioned if you ask me to be honest (the original, not Dragon Ball Z). However, I did like watching Naruto and Inazuma Eleven. Don't know if you've heard of them, it's not really that popular.

I pray for

Call of Duty

RIP.

• History

tuan_jinn

Dragon Ball was pretty boring and old fashioned if you ask me to be honest. However, I did like watching Naruto. Don't know if you've heard of it, it's not really that popular.

I pray for

Call of Duty

RIP.

tuan_jinn

Dragon Ball was pretty boring and old fashioned if you ask me to be honest (the original, not Dragon Ball Z). However, I did like watching Naruto. Don't know if you've heard of it, it's not really that popular.

I pray for

Call of Duty

RIP.