enter image description here

Buffon wins the goalkeeper of the year

Francis Kone wins the fair play award

XI OF THE YEAR

Lieke Martens wins Fifa women's player of the yearenter image description here

Cristiano Ronaldo wins FIFA player of the year award enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

ada

Giroud wins the Puskas Award enter image description here

Zidane wins the coach of the year

Francis Kone wins the fair play award

XI OF THE YEAR

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

Anyway, I sudenly realised that Buffon beat Neuer to best goalkeeper of the year? How come no one is speaking of this?

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Should went to de Gea or Oblak over Neuer too, it wasn't his best year yet. He was very good like usual, but these guys were even better. Neuer had few drops of form and also was injured.

Although Buffon winning is becoming bandwagon because of his age, I wouldn't be suprised he wins one next season too just because he is retiring.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Croatia Yeah, also feel like its because everyone know this year might be his last shot at winning it.

Also, Francis Kone saved a life to win the fair-play award, thats not bad, wonder if the requisite will alway be that high in the future though. :U

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Croatia Yeah, also feel like its because everyone know this year might be his last shot at winning it.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

they put the best Xi players in there national jerseys otherwise it would have been just Barcelona and MAdrid jerseys with the excpeption of alves bonucci and Buffon,

Pupper 7 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Buffon was awarded the best goalkeeper of the year for winning the double and by making it to the final of CL.

De Gea only won the league cup and the community shield, while finishing 6th in the league. Also only played 3 matches in EL.

Oblak didn't win any trophies.

Neuer only won the league and got eliminated in the quarters of CL.

I personally don't think Buffon currently is the best gk. But it's weird how trophies and performance in CL should only apply for Ronaldo.

Croatian 7 years ago

Becausen Buffon has/had best defence in the world in front of him? I don't think Szczesny would fail in that team and people still wouldn't give him award.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Leave Buffon alone. He deserves the throphy because the embarrassing Juve players let him down big.

Pupper 7 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Like Ronaldo didn't have the best Real Madrid team ever, who have produced the most chances to any player for the past couple of seasons? Double standards. If anything, their midfield (especially Modric and Kroos) should get more recognition imo.

And it's obvious reputation and name plays a big factor in these awards. Just look at the team of the year for the past seasons (Iniesta, Ramos, Alves, Luiz, Thiago Silva, Pogba etc). Majority of the voters are voting regarding of the players they have heard of and who they have watched performed good in the biggest matches only. With trophies being the biggest reason, of course.

I agree with you Buffon shouldn't have won if you base it on individually performances and not on their past achievements. But that is not what these awards are for, sadly.

Croatian 7 years ago

People negate Ronaldo's success to point it's unbeliveable. When he got two chances against Juventus, he scored them, combined with his positioning despite he was ranked by best defensive line in the world at that moment. Same against Atletico, same against Bayern (although offsides were there).

Iniesta, Ramos, Alves, Luiz, Silva, Pogba - that's sad they make TOTY most of time over players who were better.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Crotian To be fair, his first goal against Juventus was a deviation on Bonucci feet, so I don't know how much credit I would give him for that, especially considering how good the pass was beforehand by Carvajal, he shot was still good but pherhap it could have been stoped (a big pherhap though). However, I do agree his second goal was a world class strike in a difficult position and he deserve every compliment for that one.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emobot

To be fair, his first goal against Juventus was a deviation on Bonucci feet, so I don't know how much credit I would give him for that, especially considering how good the pass was beforehand by Carvajal

He put Carvajal in the position to pass it back to him. That was an attack created by Benzema and Ronaldo. Why is it so difficult for people to give a man credit when it is due.

So f*cking frustrating to see all these stubborn people on this forum. Some of you (Tuan, Pupper) have legitimate points, and there are others who are simply hating.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

No one is hating, there's nothing to gain from hating. The point that the others are trying to make is that Ronaldo shouldn't really be the best player simply for being a poacher. At least that's what he is nowadays. Personally his first three balon'dor were fully deserving, but this year and last year I don't think so. I don't think anyone is arguing about Ronaldo being in the front three, rather him being 1st

A guy even mentioned of Kroos, Marcelo and Modric being ahead of Ronaldo, not that I agree or anything but again it shows he doesn't have to work as hard as other players.

no-one denies Ronaldo is a machine when its come to scoring and poaching, he has adapted his games. That's absolutely perfect! But being voted as the best player for as a perfect poacher is somewhat unjustified. A poacher means the team brings him chances and he finished it. Although, he deserves to be among top 3 or 4, purely for all the important goals in the last crucial 2 months. Mind you that it's a whole year.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Dynastian Alright, sorry for that, I forgot he set the up Carvajal before the pass. The goal was still a deviation but I agree it was a beautifull play and would have propably get in no matter what. Sorry if I sounded like a stubborn hater. :(

@amir_keal Not a bad point. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well deserved for all, at least this was obviously without a question a clear handout of awards.