Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayer Leverkusen's Unbeaten Run in the Bundesliga
DarthFooty 3 months ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1100

With a good amount of matches to go in the season, it is possible this electric run for Leverkusen might come to an end, but can't we all just appreciate things as they are today???

17 wins - 4 Draws - 0 Losses out of 21 league matches played. (They are on a 30-match unbeaten streak in all comps)
Second highest scoring team in the league at 55 GF.
Best defense in the league by far with only 14 GA.
+41 Goal Difference
55 Points to top the league

Now, yes, they have like 17 matches left to play and Bayern is still just 5 points off in second place, but what a story so far. On top of that, they put a beating on Bayern with a 3-0 win just last week.

All of Europe are watching and clubs looking for a coach have Xabi penciled in on their wish list.

I would love to see them win out, take the league, and set some history in the process. Thoughts?

Comments
Emobot7 2 months ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty Absolutely agree with everything you say, just saw a salty quote from Bayern director earlier saying that Leverkusen was super lucky with the fact the unknown player they had brought over managed to do so well. Thats called scouting.

Also, quite a few of Bayer Leverkusen standout player were not unknown before this season to anyone with a good football knoweledge.

But I digress, honestly, what Xabi been doing for Leverkusen since he came over has been simply amazing and honestly, no matter what happen, he deserve all the hype surrounding him. Perfect scenario for him would be winning the league with Leverkusen and then taking over Liverpool or Real Madrid (please no Bayern).

Honestly, it would be such an amazing achievement if they would win the league this year considering how no one else but Bayern been doing it for the last 12 years or so. It would be a tremendous success for all of the Bundesliga bar maybe Bayern as well.

But as you said, there are still 17 game to go and people are getting excited way too fast over them. They are only 5 point ahead as well. Considering their overall performance, this just show you how crazy good Bayern still is despite their 'Bad Season'.

Honestly, I would be super happy if they did manage to win but with my experience in football now, I seriously doubt it. I do think they got a better chance to win the Bundesliga than Girona have of winning La Liga but I'm still not optimist about their chance. That just how good and rampant Bayern are. You need to be nearly perfect just to keep up with them. Its crazy.

Still, no matter what does happen, it should not take away from what this Leverkusen side has been doing, they are a crazy good side and should be praised for the progression they been going through in recent seasons.

Good of you to take the time to mention it Darth!

Footy_watch 2 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

They are winning the league now that they are 8 points ahead and Tuchel is not good for bayern. The only question is whether they will be the 3rd team to go unbeaten in this century.
First it was us in 2004, then it was Juventus in 2012, now it may be Bayer Leverkusen in 2024.

_Pelle_ 2 months ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Really impressive… but it only shows what it takes for any team to win Bundesliga over Bayern.

Still I bet entire Germany is behind Leverkusen… they have to win it to save the leagues reputation.

Footy_watch 2 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

Bayern keep dropping points. Now leverkusen only need 10 wins to be crowned champions. If they win today then they'll need just 9 more wins.

Kane is truly cursed he shouldve gone to Madrid when he had the chance.

alazar4728 1 month ago
Barcelona, Ethiopia 0 4

With plenty of season left, who knows what could happen? It's awesome to see them making such a splash though.

Footy_watch 1 month ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

Yes bayer leverkusen now only need 5 wins to win the league unless Bayern drop more points.

Emobot7 1 month ago
538 11432

Its looking better and better tbf, still, I won't celebrate before they mathematically cannot lose it anymore, Dortmund hurt me too much in the past lol.

Footy_watch 29 days ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

What a comeback by Leverkusen in the end of the game. They are now only 4 wins away from claiming the title. If bayern drop any points they then they will be 3 wins away from the title

_Pelle_ 29 days ago

@Emobot7:

lol I know the feeling regarding Dortmund.

But Leverkusen can’t and won’t lose it know.

Footy_watch 28 days ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

Omg yes bayern lost so now its only 3 wins needed and its great bayern are in bad form for our UCL matchup.

Emobot7 23 days ago
538 11432

Crazy to think its been 10 years since Bayern had lost to Dortmund and it happen here of all time. Everything look set for Leverkusen to win both the Pokal and Bundesliga honestly but you know me, I won't celebrate till its done.

Footy_watch 21 days ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

🤣 bayern lost from being 2-0 up which means bayer leverkusen are one win away from winning the league. I love the bayern downfall and it was expected with tuchel as manager.

Footy_watch 14 days ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

Happy for xhaka and leverkusen they finally did it and I hope they finish the whole season unbeaten with a treble.

_Pelle_ 12 days ago

Amazing season… unfortunately the team will be dissolved as big teams will now target their star players

Footy_watch 12 days ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

I don't know about that as Alonso is staying fir one more season

DarthFooty 11 days ago

Unless the club cant say no to a player in the xfer window, as we all know, big money talks, this team should stay as intact as they can and go for another run.

Unbeaten in 43 matches is incredible and can break the all-time European run of 48 matches set back in the 60's.

Emobot7 11 days ago
538 11432

Pretty sure that if Alonso stay, he must have been given some confirmation that he could keep key players and count on a certain budget to recruit the player he want. No way he'd stay when you know Liverpool and Bayern want him unless he know he can keep taking that Leverkusen team further.

Footy_watch 7 days ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

What a comeback again by Leverkusen, scoring 1min before the final whistle to maintain their unbeaten run

DarthFooty 6 days ago

This team has 9 lives or some voodoo helping them. haha

_Pelle_ 6 days ago

I hope Alnso and all their star players stays next season