Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Barcelona Can't Register Any Of Their New Signings!
Zebras 3 years ago
Juventus, Italy 8 64

Things have turned from bad to worse for Barcelona recently as reports emerged that they have been barred from registering their new signings for the upcoming La Liga season because they have exceeded La Liga’s salary limit.

enter image description here

The Catalan club roped in Sergio Aguero, Memphis Depay and Eric Garcia for free while they signed Emerson Royal for a fee around 9 million euros.

According to reports in Spain, to comply with La Liga’s pay ceiling and be able to register the new arrivals, Barcelona must now lower the wage bill by whopping 200 million euros.

The Blaugranas have already shipped Konrad de la Fuente, Jean-Clair Todibo, Francisco Trincao and Matheus Fernandes and Junior Firpo is likely to be the next departure, but these five deals would only save them around 25 million euros.

The players who the Spanish giants are actively looking to offload are Samuel Umtiti, Miralem Pjanic, and Philippe Coutinho. If Barcelona manages to sell them, they would save around 64 million euros, now adding this to already saved wage bill following the departures of Konrad, Todibo, Trincao, Junior & Matheus, would only make a total of saving of around 90 million Euros. That wouldn’t be enough, as only 25% is allowed to be reinvested in new signings and registrations to comply with La Liga rules.

However, the major roadblock that Barcelona is facing while offloading Samuel Umtiti, Miralem Pjanic, and Philippe Coutinho is their huge wages.

Much of the wage reductions are being made in order to negotiate a new contract for Messi, who is presently out of contract and competing for Argentina in the Copa America.

Messi’s latest four-year contract, which ended on June 30, was worth over 500 million euros when signing fees, salary, bonuses, and image rights were factored in. Reports suggest that Messi is set to continue with Barcelona. However, Barca can’t afford to pay him at the same amount, so they’re looking at methods to reward him over a longer period of time so he doesn’t have to accept a significant pay drop.

Last season, Barcelona finished third behind Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid, and won the Copa Del Rey.

Comments
quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

La Liga & Barcelona will find a way no matter how shady it will be, Messi brings simply too much revenue to La Liga.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

I fear that you are right. It is very good that barca are on the decline, they deserve it for all the cheating they have been involved in

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Most likely. Otherwise it would be an huge offset.

@Footy_watch

It is very good that barca are on the decline, they deserve it for all the cheating they have been involved in

Might want to refrain from comment like that. Calling Barca cheater (no proof they cheated more than most team) does not serve the discussion and can be seen as provocative (you might not feel that way personally but I do). Anything that can be seen as such is not welcome on FR. Check FootyRoom Community Rules number 3 if you don't believe me. If you feel happy about Barca being on the decline personally, thats fine, just maybe not saying it as its should be a shared opinions as it can annoy other users, especially that team fans.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Several big clubs have been under the FFP microscope and manage to get out of their situations one way or another. If memory serves, PSG, Man City, Real, Barca, Juve, all have had a brush with the administration.

Barca, I am sure will work something out. Fire sale, bankruptcy, not signing Messi, restructuring contracts, I mean they can and will get creative.

Should Barca break the "rules", and this goes for any club I support as well, they deserve to pay the penalty. No club should be above the rule, but we all know that somehow it feels like many are.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 3 123

Barcelona will need to sell some big name players , but yes they're in some hot water. I think most of the calls are by blind refs. Barca tiki taka dominated and well deserved nobody can stay dominant for this long. Squads age players retire. Ps Messi and Kun will probably take la Liga when/if they get registered.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Barcelona will need to sell some big name players , but yes they're in some hot water. I think most of the calls are by blind refs. Barca tiki taka dominated and well deserved nobody can stay dominant for this long. Squads age players retire.

Barcelona will need to sell some big name players , but yes they're in some hot water. I think most of the calls are by blind refs. Barca tiki taka dominated and well deserved nobody can stay dominant for this long. Squads age players retire. Ps Messi and Kun will probably take la Liga when/if they get registered.

expertfootball11 3 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

They really are managed by idiots, arent they? Im not saying Perez is much better but still...

• History

They really are managed by idiots, arent they?

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

@expertfootball Bartolomeu did do a lot of damage before he finally left.

• History

@expertfootball Bartolomeu did a lot of damage before he finally left.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago Edited

Edited* moved to correct thread

• History

Messi would be a great signing for Arsenal but I highly doubt he would leave Barca even in this situation.

@Emobot7 I know Barca are going to sell players. Imo selling Griezmann would be a bad move. He could help out next season big time, nobody other than aguero can play such advanced positions. Like we know Kun is going down injuried at some point.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Could la Liga afford to loose Messi ? They lost Ronaldo and Neymar, does they really care about buisness or TV rights ?

If he leaves, I would love to see Tebas face...

uncle_touchy 3 years ago

Yes true Leo has decided to leave. 👀

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yes true Leo has decided to leave. 👀

In Barca's official communication it said that he wanted to return but it couldn't be done on the club's end through "economic barriers."

Guess that's that. Man City will walk the league now

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Don't forget PSG will also be in the race to sign him. City also just signed Grealish for a record fee and are still targeting Kane. Could be hard to manage to get all 3 of them.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

Hurray barca and la liga have taken a major blow

• History

You removed my comment lol. Hurray barca and la liga have taken a major blow. Heartbreak for Aguero, he went to barca to play with messi.

SunFlash 3 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Emo

I like Messi but I can't really support anyone that goes on to PSG. Sucks.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Heard despite Messi not signing new deal, they still can't register Depay & Aguero who already agreed a wage-cut?

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Not sure we know the whole story here. How do they not know how much to allocate to him, after they had agreed on terms?

This is a play on the league potentially where the club is looking to force changes. That or the club assumed the sale of high-wage players to offset more.

Not even Man City could have predicted this as evidence of their recent purchases unless Messi spoke to Pep and they are prepared.

This might not be over yet.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

La Liga will not allow #FCBarcelona to register its new signings unless the club makes savings of over €200m. These signings include Sergio Aguero, Eric Garcia, Memphis Depay and Emerson Royal. These are mainly free transfers, but Barca still cannot complete the transactions.

Not even Messi salary is 200million, so basically they still need to sell, get rid of players with high wages.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

This might not be over yet.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Leaked Edu conversation with Leo