Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Barcelona Can't Register Any Of Their New Signings!
Zebras 3 years ago
Juventus, Italy 8 64

Things have turned from bad to worse for Barcelona recently as reports emerged that they have been barred from registering their new signings for the upcoming La Liga season because they have exceeded La Liga’s salary limit.

enter image description here

The Catalan club roped in Sergio Aguero, Memphis Depay and Eric Garcia for free while they signed Emerson Royal for a fee around 9 million euros.

According to reports in Spain, to comply with La Liga’s pay ceiling and be able to register the new arrivals, Barcelona must now lower the wage bill by whopping 200 million euros.

The Blaugranas have already shipped Konrad de la Fuente, Jean-Clair Todibo, Francisco Trincao and Matheus Fernandes and Junior Firpo is likely to be the next departure, but these five deals would only save them around 25 million euros.

The players who the Spanish giants are actively looking to offload are Samuel Umtiti, Miralem Pjanic, and Philippe Coutinho. If Barcelona manages to sell them, they would save around 64 million euros, now adding this to already saved wage bill following the departures of Konrad, Todibo, Trincao, Junior & Matheus, would only make a total of saving of around 90 million Euros. That wouldn’t be enough, as only 25% is allowed to be reinvested in new signings and registrations to comply with La Liga rules.

However, the major roadblock that Barcelona is facing while offloading Samuel Umtiti, Miralem Pjanic, and Philippe Coutinho is their huge wages.

Much of the wage reductions are being made in order to negotiate a new contract for Messi, who is presently out of contract and competing for Argentina in the Copa America.

Messi’s latest four-year contract, which ended on June 30, was worth over 500 million euros when signing fees, salary, bonuses, and image rights were factored in. Reports suggest that Messi is set to continue with Barcelona. However, Barca can’t afford to pay him at the same amount, so they’re looking at methods to reward him over a longer period of time so he doesn’t have to accept a significant pay drop.

Last season, Barcelona finished third behind Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid, and won the Copa Del Rey.

Comments
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@quikzyyy Lol, the meme that keep on giving.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

...... speechless

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

Why would edu say "hello" lol 🤦🏻‍♂️

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

Well just saying I don't know if someone else saw or read this but, in Leo's contract with Barca it had a clause stating that Barca couldn't resign him if both parties let the contract go down to a free.

Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11426

@tiki Can't imagine the feeling man, really sad for you and the whole Barca fanbase, stay strong, buddy. :(

@uncle_touchy Didn't know that but then again, chance of Barca of resigning him would be really low if he ended up moving this summer.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tiki Can't imagine the feeling man, really sad for you and the whole Barca fanbase, stay strong, buddy. :(

KeithSpringer 3 years ago
0 3

To reduce the salary for such money is certainly terrible, I think they expected otherwise

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

its okay, im sad for messi he deserved a legendary exit. but Barça are Mes que Un Club. time to see the real level of some players and get rid of some, because Messi was hiding alot of weaknesses...

tuan_jinn 3 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It's crazy. But i just realized i have absolutely no bond nor interest in Barca's games anymore... It's just weird. And it seems Messi is the reason i didn't miss much of Barca games in the last years.

Yesterday i watched for like 20 mins, without any actual joy action and turned off the TV...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's crazy. But i just realized i have absolutely no bond nor interest in Barca's games anymore... It's just weird. And it seems Messi is the reason i didnt much much of Barca games in the last years.

Yesterday i watched for like 20 mins, without any actual joy action and turned off the TV...

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Good luck to you and Barca mate, it will definetly be interesting to see how Barca manage from here on.

@tuan Really goes to show how we took Messi at Barca for granted. Should have watched him more dammnit...