Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ballon Dor 2018 Contenders
JaapStam 6 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 2 268

Who should win it this year.

Ronaldo and Messi are both tied on 5, each have either won the award between them in the past 10 years.
I don't think either of them deserve to win this award this time around.

Plenty of options

Messi
Ronaldo
Mo Salah

... or Perhaps someone else ?

I'd still go for Salah, the guy has done wonders on and off the field nvm his brief appearance in Russia.

Comments
ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

If the WC is of any significance, then Ronaldo, Messi and Salah will not win it. I see someone like Modric in the running for top 3 for sure.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Will propably see Salah and whoever lead his team to World Cup glory, third person in will propably be Ronaldo (and he might well win it to be fair). I'm not convinced Messi will make it despite a great season. :(

JaapStam 6 years ago Edited

@IHeartfootball

That's 1 for the Sphinx mo Salah.

@Rama

Modric was MOTM in the Champions League final too. (I think fans motm or something like that), and a good pick.

@Emobot

Traditionally it has gone to a UCL winner or major International (Euro's, WC)trophy winner and thats talking also before Messi Ronaldo era. Who would you choose then?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@IHeartfootball

That's 1 for the Sphinx mo Salah.

@Rama

Modric was MOTM in the Champions League final too. Wasn't well spoken about, but it is a good pick.

@Emobot

Traditionally it has gone to a UCL winner or major International (Euro's, WC)trophy winner and thats talking also before Messi Ronaldo era. Who would you choose then?

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

@Jaap Its really hard to pick one and while I would love to see someone like Salah or Modric get it, can't help feeling its going to be Ronaldo again this year.

• History

@Emobot Its really hard to pick and while I would love to see someone like Salah or Modric get it, can't help feeling its going to be Ronaldo again this year.

@Emobot Its really hard to pick one and while I would love to see someone like Salah or Modric get it, can't help feeling its going to be Ronaldo again this year.

JaapStam 6 years ago

@Emobot I too have a feeling it will be Ronaldo. He was the posterkid for EA sports last summer. Salah or Modric a good call.

legends16 6 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@Emo
Me also. I think it could well be Ronaldo.

Imo Modric would have to at least take Croatia to the final to have a chance. If for some reason Croatia do manage to win the World Cup, that would surely strengthen his chances - Winning the champions leaue and world cup in the same year is a tremendous achievement.

Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Ronaldo, Messi, Modrić, Salah, if someone outside of them wins, it would be huge suprise. KDB probably bit behind.

• History

Ronaldo, Messi, Modrić, Salah, if someone outside of them wins, it would be huge suprise IMO. KDB probably bit behind.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Modric, Salah for me.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian KDB sadly have no chance of getting it because of Salah, the guy literally stole the PFA player of the year from De Bruyne despite this season being his first. Would be extremly unlikely he would be picked over Mo Salah now. Only shot he would have would be if Belgium won World Cup and even then, its a long shot. :(

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

If croatia does well (win?) in wc, then I wouldn't dismiss modric...

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well considering BO has returned to France Football magazine, knowing that FIFA has its own award The Best. both awards have different kind of electing the winner :

• The best : makes voting of Coaches and Captains on whole countries and here we have players with their friends and coaches, friendships between nations who influences the vote, and specially players and coaches preferences knowing they play and coach football rather than watching it....

• BO old format : 400 journalists arround the world who give it usually to the best player of the WC winner, Zidane 98, Ronaldo 2002, Cannavaro 2006. For this season both awards will have different winners to make them finally 2 different trademarks...

the winner of WC between Kane, Mbappe/Griezmann, Modric, KDB will win it for this BO. i think.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Ronaldo.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Actually if France wins with Griezmann playing well he can get the award since he also won the Europe League as well.
So Modric and him should be considered as a high pick if they win the World Cup, specially if that's the case for Modric.

JaapStam 6 years ago

Couple for shouts for Modric, Love that he was voted as one of Madrid's worst ever signings when Mou signed him and oh how the times have changed. But also interesting to see if only Rakitic wasn't there how would Modric do for Croatia.

@Tiki Does France Football take any votes from the fans anymore.??

@Golazzo, When was the last time a Europa League winner won the award?

Lastly I want to leave one more quote for you guys who think Ronaldo. He said after winning his 3rd Ballon D'or

"I hope one day I will be able to catch Messi". 5-each. Does he deserve to go ahead?? Man this is getting poltiical now. :P

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

We could just sum up the list of Ballon d'or and fifa-best-player and see who gets the lowest number. That will tell us who the best player is overall :)

• History

We could just sum up the list of Ballon d'or and fifa-best-player and see who gets the lowest position. That will tell us who the best player is overall :)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

Techically speaking, CR7 already got 2 best award that Messi don't have, so in that matter, he is already a bit over Messi, but it would pretty damn impressive however if he won another Ballon d'or and made it six. :O Would be very interesting to see two different person for each of the award anyway.

mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

What abt Leroy Sane????

If the world cup has any significance tho, maybe not - he won the PFA young player of the year and has had a wick season with city.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Emo nope. A Bo and the best in same season is absolutely the same... the best for me has no importance at all and FIFA shit intervention for BO prevented Iniesta from winning it in 2010 and Ribéry in 2013..,,
FIFA élections are pointless, Modric should have won it earlier too...

tiki_taka 6 years ago

And in 2014 Neuer should have won it.