Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arturo Vidal's future...
Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Since nobody has talked about this yet...
If you know me, Im not someone to speculate and make threads about transfer rumours. Mainly because I hate getting my hopes high for things that could eventually disappoint me a lot. (Lucas Moura and stuff..)

But this time, Im doing it just because it really thrills me. It seems Arturo Vidal, the beast midfielder from Chile, is finally coming home, where he belongs. His agent who is also the agent of Alexis Sanchez, supposedly went to finish the negotiation to Manchester right after he went to London to do the same with Arsenal and Sanchez. He is expected to be signing for Manchester United this week.

It's not just another rumor, Ive researched about it a bit and it seems like a done deal. Ive seen it being speculated just about everywhere. A sum of about 40m euros + Patrice Evra could seal the deal.

Overall, fantastic transfer for a club who needs a player like him badly.

Am I overreacting, is all this just another cruel rumour?
I have the same feeling that I had when the speculations were going on with Mata.

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/13/futbol/futbol_internacional/chile/1405209512.html

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140713/futbol/internacional/arturo-vidal-muy-cerca-de-fichar-por-el-manchester-united_54411055742.html

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/deportes/2014/07/656-586204-9-arturo-vidal-alista-su-arribo-al-poderoso-manchester-united.shtml

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/italia/arturo-vidal-paso-del-manchester-united-3375850

Comments
shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

what i can't frankly understand is why a player would decide to not play the CL. firthermore in the year that Juventus have finally the chance to do something concrete in the competition. that's the only thing that doesn't convince me.

Ihaveabbc 10 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

Because it is Manchester United and just because they have missed out of CL for once it doesn't mean they have no chance of a European trophy in the next few years.

ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I am fairly sure that Vidal to United is almost done. While he is an awesome player, I have mixed feelings regarding the price, and most importantly how he will fit into this team.
Vidal at Juventus or Chile team is more of a transformed out and out attacking player rather than the Box-to-Box player we have seen at Bayern Leverkusen, mostly due to the 3-5-2 system. This will definitely cause problems to Rooney, Mata/Kagawa.
Presence of Pogba allows him much more freedom on the attacking side, we at United do not have this luxury. While Herrera is good in that he is an upgrade over Carrick, I do not see him playing the same role that Pogba does.
Moreover, Vidal is 27, and he honestly has around 5 good years left. 40Mil for 5 years is a gamble in the sense that he has been having recurring injuries this past year or so. Hargreaves was very good at United, and never made it off that injury list. I would rather go for Sneijder for 16Mil to buy some time. Additionally, Kroos for 25Mil and Fabregas for ~30Mil are a lot cheaper than this. So thats clear over paying for the player.

@shpalman: Juventus had probably one of the best teams last year, and could not get out of the group stage. I am sure they will get out of the group, but doubt will go far. My guess quarter finals at the most. 3-5-2 will not work in Europe.

shpalman 10 years ago Edited
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@arshwin
Juventus had a good team last year and it was not sufficient to win the cup or do good in the competition due to a lack of quality on the bench. to be competitive in the domestic league and the CL you need two good teams, one on the pitch and one on the bench. this requirement is a must. so the aforementioned reason lead Conte to prefer the League title. now this year, after they rightly got many complaints about not caring enough about Europe, Juve is building a more complete team, with a solid bench. that's why i say that this year Juve can be more concrete. if i was in Vidal i'd wait this year and then eventually leave the next season, unless Juve have clear plans and let him go because they will somewhat benefit from this, eventually taking 2 good replacements which in the long run can make a difference for the players turnover.

also, Conte said in Europe he'll switch to 4-3-3 this year. 'bout time i'd say.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@arshwin
Juventus had a good team last year and it was not sufficient to win the cup or do good in the competition due to a lack of quality on the bench. to be competitive in the domestic league and the CL you need two good teams, one on the pitch and one on the bench. this requirement is a must. so the aforementioned reason lead Conte to prefer the League title. now this year, after they rightly got many complaints about not caring enough about Europe, Juve is building a more complete team, with a solid bench. that's why i say that this year Juve can be more concrete. if i was in Vidal i'd wait this year and then eventually leave the next season, unless Juve have clear plans and let him go because they will somewhat benefit from this, eventually taking 2 good replacements which in the long run can make a difference for the players turnover.

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

The price is a little high imo but United really need to step it up to compete with the big spenders like PSG. It seems that in today's football economy, a very talented player at the age of 27 is worth at least 40m. PSG and other spender clubs are overpricing all talented players as clubs now know they can be sold to one of those clubs for a ton of money.

ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@shpalman:
I wouldn't say they lacked quality on the bench. Barring the CM position, Juventus was stacked at every position-Strikers, Defenders, and wingers. I do not watch Sirie A that much, so my opinion is probably misinformed. But Juventus not getting out of the group stage was unacceptable with the quality they have. This is in no way to understate the work of Galatasary, but Conte's chief mistake was to stick with 3-5-2, when the results were not panning out.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@Ash
no mate, perhaps you got the wrong impression. the subs weren't reliable, if i think of names like Isla, Giovinco, Vucinic, Ogbonna... only horror comes to my mind. beside that they didn't have an alternative to Pirlo.
now with Conte not renewing the contract the Vidal transfer to MU might be possible. i think him or Pogba will be sold. if Conte left it means that maybe Juve are going to do some market movement which will not make people happy.

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

It is looking more and more unlikely that this deal will go through.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

40m is a fair price for vidal. He can play box to box, DM, AM, he can play everywhere and be amazing and he is an engine. He'll never stop running. I would gladly pay 40m for him, and I hope Manutd don't get him. I think the only CM I would value above him would be Pogba. Even if vidal right now is better than pogba, we all know it's just a matter of time before pogba becomes the absolute best CM in the world.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

It would be funny if we sign him on DEADLINE day.

FredTilson 10 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

I think United will get Strootman. Van Gaal is a big fan of him. Roma will probably sell for 25-30 million. I don't see Vidal going anywhere. Juventus will want too much for him.

manchesterutI 10 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Is that picture accurate? I read somewhere that Fellaini cut his afro after the world cup.

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Probably not. But accuracy wouldn't make it fit with the disco theme, would it?

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yep, looks like the transfer is back on track...

Actually I posted about him last week along with Evra's transfer, a few days later he made a clear statement that he WOULDN'T go to Manchester United :(

http://footyroom.com/forum/transfer-rumors/evra-to-juve-official-now-vidal-to-mu-59961

But today, thing changes again... So I really dont know.

Anyway, yeah we have to spent big now, we need to be back and stay on top with CL.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
mladen 10 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

**Vidal signs five-year Man Utd deal

**Reports in Italy claim Arturo Vidal has agreed a five-year deal with Manchester United ahead of a €60 million move to Old Trafford. The deal for the Chilean will see him paid €230,000 per week in Manchester. Source: La Stampa

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

^i've read around that Juve are waiting for a concrete offer, but there's no trace of officiality so far on the main Italian newspapers, online at least. did you read that on paper?

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Actually not. But there are a couple of sources online confirmed the deal. Not a reliable ones though. But still, there is no smoke without fire.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

some supporters very close to Juventus say that Vidal will stay 1 more year, meanwhile i'm reading on Gazetta that eventually Juve are thinking about Wilshere as replacement. a good joke :'D