Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

ARSENAL PLAN "AUDACIOUS STUNT" For their Away Kit Reveal Tomorrow
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Arsenal's Head of Marketing has announced on twitter the following:

"At 3.30 by the Armoury Store tomorrow we will be revealing the away kit with a very audacious stunt. Months of planning now ready #ownit"

Now, it's been assumed by some fans for weeks now that Arsenal would announce a new signing on the kit launch... so this tweet has led to a twitter meltdown.

I don't know what Arsenal have up their sleeves but they are really starting to play with fire here. The fans are growing pretty furstrated and I fear if something doesn't happen prior to the beginning of the pre-season tour man Arsenal fans will be found like this:

Comments
KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Supporting Arsenal had me shoot myself a long time ago.
I think if you expect anything special from that "stunt", you'll be deeply disapointed.
Btw, is it me or we lost a lot of arsenal fans during the summer on FR ?

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Arsenal will be replicating the away strip worn by the invincibles. I'm not sure if this is their "stunt" but it may very well be. Also this is Nike's last season as Arsenal's kit sponsor, so maybe they have something else in store?

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Ikoiko

As far as I'm concerned, Nike make HORRIBLE kits. Just take a look at Montpellier's last season. OH GOD THAT WAS A HIDEOUS ONE. But replicating the "Invincibles'" kit does nothing. What they have to replicate is the Invincibles' SUCCESS. Only then will Arsenal fans be satisfied.

But what Arsenal fans do need to take into account is that they're being beaten by 3 money-machines in City, United, and Chelsea. Tottenham are just about the same as them financially, and they are on equal terms with Arsenal too.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

So this shows that Arsenal aren't doing bad at all for their financial capability. Yes, there is no argument that they can do better. If Wenger admitted his mistakes and corrected them more often, they'd be MUCH better. But still, they are doing fantastic for what limited resources they have. I feel that the insane success Wenger has built with them in their earlier years is what is ultimately haunting him now. He NEEDS to replicate that success, or his club's reputation suffers.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

My prediction is they're going to unveil the kit but not with the current Arsenal squad, but with (some of) the Invincibles! How awesome would that be!

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Vendetta

Not nearly as awesome as Henry, Pires, Bergkamp, and co. PLAYING again in this Arsenal squad. Now THAT would be awesome. ;)

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

@Dynastian, We're talking about an away kit here... Nike replicating the invincibles away kit will appeal to many Arsenal supporters and collectors alike. This jersey is going to fly off the racks. This my friend is a final cash crop for Nike before their partnership with Arsenal expires. I think you read a little far into this.

@Vendetta, that would be awesome.

For those who haven't seen it.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

This was the "AUDACIOUS STUNT":

Interesting kit release... replacing the Mural of Arsenal legends with the "british core" wearing our traditional away colours... but in what was is that "audacious" and why the hell did it take "months of planning"?

Totally underwhelming...

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I choked up a little, man. That picture is so moving...

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

^Can't tell if being serious... or a dick.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Why would I be insincere? O:)

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

WOW

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Yup... My idea was much better. This is nowhere near "audacious".

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Freaking awesome kit though!

@Footaholic, sorry but I don't get your post.

Fru_Toot 11 years ago
Manchester City, England 54 635

onenil 11 years ago
Arsenal, United States 6 91

those hoops socks are silly, but otherwise ok

taishi 11 years ago
Arsenal, Portugal 3 34

Imagine Barry wearing Arsenal kit ==.. speechless..

JuvE19 11 years ago
Juventus, Iraq 4 385