Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Arsenal and Arsene
koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Since the loss at Bradford a lot of people and media are speculating that Wenger may resign at some point. The media in particularly have successfully managed to rile up the public (and Arsenal supporters). For me there are two ways to look at Arsene Wenger: An economic point of view and a football point of view. 

Moving to a new stadium is not cheap. However, Wenger has continuously shown a positive and shrewd method of handling payments and debts. Ever since his reign, Arsenal has been elevated to even higher standards than it was before.

On the other hand, Wenger is portrayed as a stubborn man on the field. His tactics and management skills has come under scrutiny in recent times. From questionable substitutions to players being out-of-position (Ramsey on the wing??), many have called for Wenger's head. 

So should Wenger stay or should he go? If he does: who will the replacement be? Let's have a healthy debate.

Comments
Gojira 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 12 122

It's not Wenger who I'm mad at. Yes he's stubborn. But I, personally, want answers from the boardroom. They always cover up and deviate from our enquiries. I want answers from Gazidis and especially "Silent" Stan Kroenke. I don't know what these two guys are about. Whether they want what's best for the club or their own interests. Wenger is simply a manager but you have to remember he's an economic genius (He has a degree or something) and maybe Wenger has his own agenda to do what's best for Arsenal in terms of financial stability. In ten years or so in the future, the truth will out. And I hope everyone who chastised Wenger regret what they said (especially Piers Morgan). But this is just a hope. I can never hate Wenger for what's he's done for us. It's hating Henry for getting old and not scoring :/ This is just my opinion. 

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I hate that all the blame always falls on the manager. It's not Wegner's fault Gervinhio misses an open net. Yea it's his choice to select him but sometimes it's the players fault. The Arsenal squad is at a low point in confidence and belief. Their moral is crap. They played a third division team and looked second best most the game. The fans also need to back off. It kills the players to watch their own fans call them crap week in and week out. You need to support your team through better or worst. Arsenal is very stable in terms of financial abilities now change that into getting establish stars that want to join Arsenal and increase the team's performance. You can't have guys like Santos and Gervinhio that join your team and you have to look away everytine they go near the ball. This of course is from an outsiders perspective that has to deal with similar issues. 

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/279827/report

Second-best doesn't get 71.4% possession and two shots hitting the woodwork, 6 shots on target (vs 2 for Bradford), 19 shots off target (vs 6), 85.9% passing success (vs 59%) and 13 corners (vs 3). Let's not go overboard here. Arsenal were unlucky. 

Yes, it's a disappointment for Arsenal that they didn't beat Bradford, and it's below what we can reasonably expect from them, given their squad. But, upsets do happen, and Wenger cannot be blamed for acts of Zeus (or whatever god you fancy).

I do think it's time he left, both for the good of the club and himself, as I don't think there is any way for him to regain their place at the top, but let's not kid ourselves that Arsenal under Wenger are crap, even now.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

i heard a rumours that pep will go to arsenal. is this true arsenal fans? and now fergie is flying to new york pretty sure he will talk to pep about manaigng utd.

SvenBender6 11 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 1 38

@puppetmaster,Pep will most likely get the utd job soon
I do not think Wenger should leave and I agree with what Raimondo90 has written the players are moral and confidence is low,I just think Wenger needs to buy a few world class players to get back on track and boost the confidence a bit.I heard Huntellar and Zaha are coming in January but I think they need more world Class players

quikzyyy 11 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@PuppetMaster yes i heard about that too that if Pep will join somewhere in England it'll be Arsenal.
anyway, don't anyone know how much have Arsenal to pay for Emirates?
as I know Emirates cost Arsenal £390 million, but I can't find how much remaining.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

Rumors said that Wenger Already resigned but Arsenal didnt accept his resignation!
French medias in fact!

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

no Ajax fan likes this club so we enjoy there stumbles but wenger is bigger than this club imo. before him they had awful stadia and played terrible football throughout history. before wenger arsenal wished to be as stylish as spurs and young fans supported spurs not arsenal. they were the poor unattractive relation. for this reason wenger will stay till he dies and probably become chairman when he has had enough. basically its arsenal wenger fc now.....

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

^WOW. I regret even dignifying that post with a response but wow. Biased & ill-informed doesn't begin to describe...

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

some clubs are renowned for playing wonderful football throughout there histories. two such clubs are ajax and spurs. arsenal certainly is not. pre wenger they bored most ppl to death allowing them to win the odd game 1-0. i say again wenger is bigger than arsenal imo

GumptyBean 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 1 22

BAHAHAHAHAHA^