Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Alexander Isak - Introduction
decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Now that I heard about this guy about month ago and because of that I decided to some research, I'm going to introduce you Alexander Isak.

enter image description here
Some basic information:

Height: 190cm
Nationality: Swedish
Born in 1999

Plays for AIK in Sweden's best league Allsvenskan
Origins from Eritrea

He's a striker that has scored 10 goals in 24 games (19 starts) already at the age of 17. He has been heiled as the "New Zlatan" and clubs like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus, PSG, Liverpool and many more are interested in him. He scored on his debut when he was just 16, 8 months ago in a cup game. Aswell as scoring in his first league match in April, 2016 becoming the youngest scorer in AIK Allsvenskan history at the age of 16 years and 199 days

"I don't want to say too much, but he is extraordinary. He can become
the new Zlatan Ibrahimovic." - Ex Schalke player Chinedu Obasi who plays with him in AIK

"Like Ibrahimovic, Isak is tall (6-foot-2), but blessed with superb technical skills nevertheless. Lanky but elegant, he is a joy to watch, and his first touch is absolutely outstanding -- that is one of the most important signs of a top player."

"Alexander is an exciting prospect, because he is very clever. He knows how to receive the ball and bring it forward with just one touch. He just should get stronger physically. Give him a few months in a gym, and he'll be ready to play for the national team," Aftonbladet journalist Kristoffer Bergstrom told ESPN FC.

From ESPN's article, what I've seen of him, I've noticed exactly the same thing.

Another quote from the ESPN article: "The AIK striker is a humble and modest guy, even a little shy when dealing with the press. He keeps his feet firmly on the ground despite the meteoric rise he had experienced in 2016."

Can't really say anything too much to this, but what I've seen from few interviews (I can understand just a little swedish) he seems to be like that.

Article by me with the help of ESPN article (http://www.espnfc.com.au/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/3007128/alexander-isak-the-heir-to-zlatan-ibrahimovics-swedish-throne)

I'd like KTBFFHSWE to add things about him I don't know, I am sure he knows a lot more.

Comments
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

dope

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11426

Yeah, heard about this kid before, he is the next young star for sure, this can be either positive or bad for his growth but there is no need to be too pessimist about the lad, he look like he got a good mentality to go with his talent, so I would think he has the potential to go far if all goes well for him.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yeah, heard about this kid before, he is the next young star for sure, this can be either positive or bad for his growth but there is no need to be too pessimist about the lad, he look like he got a good mentality to go with his talent, so I would think he has the potential to go far with a bit of chance.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Looks like a potential star... I hope the media wont ruin it too early. Dont go to England too soon

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@decent He's been the subject of talk for a while now here in Sweden. I don't know much about him myself as I just follow Allsvenskan halfhearted. I've seen a few AIK games this year and then he played fairly alright. Apparently he wants to stay for another season to develop further, but most big clubs seem to have an eye on him and the price that is suggested for him is just nidicolous. Maybe he'll actually leave for the big clubs soon, who knows. It's true that he's young and posses amazing talent, but I remain skeptical until he's proven himself on the international arena. It's a big difference playing in Swedish Allsvenskan than in the Premier League.

Last time we heard this much about a youngster here in Sweden was about Martin Ødegaard from Norway that later went on to RM Casillas. But that talk has more or less died out now.

Basically it happens way to often that we discover a new someone that I've stopped paying attention to it.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@KTBFFHSWE Thank you very much. Can see the Ödegaard comparison in terms of "dominating" (or playing just really well) in a league at a such young age. For some reason I'm kinda expecting a lot from both of these two. 1 name to throw around to these two is Hachim Mastour aswell lol.. I think he's been even worse than Ödegaard in the past 1.5 years or so.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Didn't know who Mastour is but I checked him up and he doesn't seem to be doing too well now. It's small differences that make them good players and it just feels like an almost impossible task to determine that already at such a young age. Some players just seem to stop developing at a certain point, while others just keep getting better. Again, it's such small differences that determine whether they gonna make the cut or not. Truth be told most of these sagas end with disappointment, but every now and then a certain special someone that reminds people about a certain someone else actually makes it all the way. Isak might be one of those guys, who knows :)

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Just the fact how good this dude is for U18 is unbeliveable. You can see 18 year olds perform so well, but it's different for guy who just got out of academy. Sublime talent.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

He should go Milan. Boy do they improve players.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Swedens youngest goal scorer in the national team ever

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Real looked to be the ones winning the race for him, but apparently BVB has won it now.

"Dortmund will pay 90 million Swedish Krona (around €9.5 million/£8.2 million) for the teenage prodigy, which is eight million Swedish Krona (around €850,000/£730,000) more than Zlatan Ibrahimovic cost Ajax Amsterdam from Malmo FF back in 2001."

"Isak is currently in Germany to sign a contract until 2022 at Westfalenstadion and is "likely to be unveiled by Dortmund early this week."

"

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3044415/alexander-isak-to-sign-with-borussia-dortmund-over-real-madrid-source

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@decent Really? I thought Madrid attracted him, well imo He will have more chance to develop at BVB, plus they are a selling team so when matured he can go where he wants...

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

There it is

enter image description here

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I mean, if I was a 17-year old starlet Madrid would be the last place I wanted to go. Dortmund was a good choice.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Looks like he can be a big thing but we have had too many examples of young players making names and then falling into oblivion. Let's wait and see.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's probably going to leave for Madrid in 4-5 years anyways, lool. IMO he made the right choice. Dortmund has been the best place for youth development in the past 5 years.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Excellent choice! Will be interesting to see how he develops! I'm guessing he'll be loaned out though..

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

This is great!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

Was so happy when I heard the news. His best chance to develop in my opinion. :D

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Dortmund is really investing in some young talent right now, i wonder if this means Aubemayang is on the out.