Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Alexander Isak - Introduction
decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Now that I heard about this guy about month ago and because of that I decided to some research, I'm going to introduce you Alexander Isak.

enter image description here
Some basic information:

Height: 190cm
Nationality: Swedish
Born in 1999

Plays for AIK in Sweden's best league Allsvenskan
Origins from Eritrea

He's a striker that has scored 10 goals in 24 games (19 starts) already at the age of 17. He has been heiled as the "New Zlatan" and clubs like Real Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus, PSG, Liverpool and many more are interested in him. He scored on his debut when he was just 16, 8 months ago in a cup game. Aswell as scoring in his first league match in April, 2016 becoming the youngest scorer in AIK Allsvenskan history at the age of 16 years and 199 days

"I don't want to say too much, but he is extraordinary. He can become
the new Zlatan Ibrahimovic." - Ex Schalke player Chinedu Obasi who plays with him in AIK

"Like Ibrahimovic, Isak is tall (6-foot-2), but blessed with superb technical skills nevertheless. Lanky but elegant, he is a joy to watch, and his first touch is absolutely outstanding -- that is one of the most important signs of a top player."

"Alexander is an exciting prospect, because he is very clever. He knows how to receive the ball and bring it forward with just one touch. He just should get stronger physically. Give him a few months in a gym, and he'll be ready to play for the national team," Aftonbladet journalist Kristoffer Bergstrom told ESPN FC.

From ESPN's article, what I've seen of him, I've noticed exactly the same thing.

Another quote from the ESPN article: "The AIK striker is a humble and modest guy, even a little shy when dealing with the press. He keeps his feet firmly on the ground despite the meteoric rise he had experienced in 2016."

Can't really say anything too much to this, but what I've seen from few interviews (I can understand just a little swedish) he seems to be like that.

Article by me with the help of ESPN article (http://www.espnfc.com.au/blog/espn-fc-united-blog/68/post/3007128/alexander-isak-the-heir-to-zlatan-ibrahimovics-swedish-throne)

I'd like KTBFFHSWE to add things about him I don't know, I am sure he knows a lot more.

Comments
cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

I hope he will do his best and He will step up in team Dortmund is full of young talent who have competitor with each other now

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Excellent choice! Will be interesting to see how he develops! I'm
guessing he'll be loaned out though..

I'd actually loan him to bottom half Bundesliga team or 2.Bundesliga midtable team till the end of the season to get some experience. Then get him back in the summer to the pre season & he's good to go next autumn.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I honestly think he'll be loaned out longer than that.. I mean he's just too young.. third choice striker at the moment I guess..
He should be loaned out to a team that is better than the Swedish allsvenskan where he played, so not bundesliga 2.. I'm thinking a team like Ajax or Olympiacos.. and when he's good enough to be the clear no 2 striker choice, he'll go back to Dortmund, because Aubameyang will surely leave in a year or two..

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

^ Adrian Ramos will be sold to China at any minute (this window) and Reus is mainly a winger. Now that I look at it closer, they actually don't have any strikers.. they rely completely on Aubameyang. If Aubameyang was to leave, they'd actually need to sign someone BIG, unless Isak starts to perform straight away.

I was comparing his age to Christian Pulisic in my mind who is -98 and got pretty many games right from the start of THIS season, so next (2017 autumn) Isak would be the same age Pulisic was.

cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

I agree with you
I think He need to go a team that will help him to rise up and because of this reason He need to have a while for him and then he can go back to main team with A fit body

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Passlack, Mor, Pulisic, Mikel Merino, Guerreiro, Ginter, Dembele, Weigl, Burki, Isak + Gotze is still young. What a brilliant future for Dortmund.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@Croatian Schurle is only 26 as well. Well, ok, I don't really suppose he will play an huge role at the club at any point but I still really like him. :S But yeah, they got an awesome future before them.

cr7real 7 years ago
Galatasaray, Turkey 0 66

So many young talents are choosing to come to the Dortmund. I think they know that Dortmund is the right place to show their abilities. I am sure that if they reach a specific level they are gonna wanna go to the real or barca

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11426

@cr7real No doubt that is what is gonna happen to some of them but hopefully, only when some those team will be in need of strengthening in certain position. I would hate to see some talent be wasted on those two giant bench who are already full at the moment.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11426

Well so much for him reaching his full level at BVB. After a short loan spell at Willem, he is already out of there. Been sold for 6.5M euro to Real Sociedad, hopefully, he end up suceeding there. :(