Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

African football of the year
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Andre Ayew, Riyad Mahrez, Sadio Mane and Yaya Toure make up the five-man shortlist for the BBC African Footballer of the Year award.
enter image description here

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

... Are you serious!!!! How can they not consider Salah, the lad is a beast! Much better than both Yaya and Ayew! In my humble opinion of course, but still! How can they do that. I mean, I agree with all of the rest but Salah should have been there instead of one of those two. Also, while I agree Salah is way above Yaya, isn't Yaya a CDM? Can we really compare him in term of goal and assist with a winger? Still doesn't excuse the fact Salah isn't here though. :( Bias as a evil potato. :(

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Emobot I agree a CDM shouldn't be judge based on his goal-scoring or play-making abilities. Usually, CDMs areevaluated based on distance covered, tackles one, passes completed and pass accuracy, interceptions, clearances, and maybe clean sheets. That being said, we must admit that Yaya is a different animal.

Yes, his role does change from CDM to CM and vise versa, but that does not negate that Yaya is a beast that we haven't seen anything like him in the past decade. I'll share with you a few stats from his best season in my opinion, season 13/14

Yaya scored 26 goals and assisted 12. Of those numbers, 20 of the goals were scored in the prem and 9 were assisted there as well. He was the third best scorer, behind only Sturridge and Suarez (Two great strikers), and was tied 1st in assists that season. Other accomplishments include: Highest amount of successful passes (2,002), Highest pass Accuracy (90%), went 4 of 6 in free kicks scored (Highest in the league), and went 6 of 6 in PK. All of that and he still wasn't top 3 for Balon D' Or and didn't win BPL player of the year.

So now, when you look at numbers like 3 goals and 1 assists, keep in mind that these are not good numbers for a guy like Yaya!

Comparing 13/14 (Best year) to 14/15 (Not so great year)

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Compare that to 15/16, he has been far behind his best.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Madrista11 Agreed, 3 goal and 1 assist is pretty bad for someone who was scoring 20 and assisting 9 two season ago and even if we consider he is playing in a more defensive position, he seem to be degrade even in that part of his game. Can't understand how he deserve to be there when Salah did so well for Roma, one of their best player. :( Anyway, considering how bias seem to be toward player in England, I wouldn't be suprised to see Marhez winning it, actually wouldn't be too bad either. The lad has been solid for Leicester in their dream season. Gonna be between him and Aubamayeng in my opinion. Mane should propably get third place. What you guy think? If we consider this thing seem pretty bias, can we expect this list:

1. Marhez
  2. Aubameyang
  3. Mane
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Shocked Salah isn't included, but I'd definitely give to either Mahrez or Aubameyang.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Dynastian Agree 100%. Marhez or Aubameyang should really win it for me but it could have been different if Salah would have been there. Well, I don't really think he would have win it but still, he deserve to be there over Ayew and Mama Toure... :V (Is it wrong for me to call Yaya Mama as banter?)

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Yaya Toure is there due to his name only.

1. Aubameyang
  2. Mahrez
  3. Mane
  4. Salah
  5. Ayew
Madridista11 7 years ago

What?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Madridrista11 BBC African Footballer of the Year award is not the same as CAF African Player of the Year.

Madridista11 7 years ago

Oh my bad. It wasn't clear which award we were talking about.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

CAF is definitely more reliable in this one.

Joke on BBC African Footballer nomination, are they drunk?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Madrisdista No worry, it was said in the first post but I'm sure its no problem.

@Tuan_jinn 100% Agreed! +1

Madridista11 7 years ago

^ Can't believe I missed it! +1

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Madridista Don't worry about lad, thanks for sharing the CAF African Player of the Year nominee in any case. ;)

_Marcos_ 7 years ago
Sporting CP, Portugal 15 264

Slimani!!!!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Marcos That lad is a beast. ;)

_Pelle_ 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888
  1. Mahrez
  2. Aubameyang
  3. The rest...
Abo_Zogom 7 years ago
Arsenal 0 240

Mahrez is the best.

kakagogo 7 years ago
AC Milan, USA 0 3

Its a miracle no one knew Mahrez before first half of 2015.

_Pelle_ 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6888

Isn't the meaning of "a mircale" that it was something good? But it is incredible no one knew about him.He just needed someone to trust him (Ranieri) to florish :)