Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Abramovich pushing to complete £100m Icardi deal. Thoughts?
SarriBall 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

enter image description here

Would this solve our Striker position once and for all?

We are also linked with Higuain but that would prolly be just on loan for 1 year or so to start as of now, since both our strikers aren't reliable and one of them is injured.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

enter image description here

Would this solve our Striker position once and for all?

We are also linked with Higuain but that would prolly be just on loan for 1 year or so to start as of now, since both our strikers aren't reliable and one of them is injured.

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Agree with Marcus. Send Morata to Bournemouth and he'll be doing just as well, if not better than Wilson. Batshuayi is definitely better than Wilson, and Tammy ain't too far behind.

I'll take a 31 year old overweight Higuain over Wilson any day. He's a better player first and foremost, but he's also proven himself at the highest level, has had success with Sarri, and really wants to be here.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus2011 @Eden17 Won't argue with you guys, even if I'm not alway certain about the whole "playing in a bigger team is harder" argument. Still think Chelsea should try and get someone like Icardi over Higuain or Wilson though, it would be the best of both world.

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@emo

No. You can't just get out of this so easily. We are going to argue this out and fight until one of us calls each other c*nt.

Let's put the situation from this perspective, if you are playing amateur sunday league football and you are rock star there, would you be able to play football with championship pro team and perform just as good? And if you do would you suddenly next season play just as good for top flight european powerhouse like Chelsea? Yeah think about this. Ever noticed how teams try harder when they know your team is good. Everyone tries harder against Chelsea and that means . I won't go even go into analysying his conversation rate, positional play and overall performance because to me there isn't anything impressive to cost 50 milion!

Chelsea, Italy 8 218

The thing with strikers is that when you play with one of the big clubs, the weaker opponents tend to play it safe and defend with their whole team at the back makes it hard for the strikers to find space. Only few players can break these kind of defensive teams, players such as Drogba or Costa. Or the likes of our old Midfields, Essien, Ballack and Lampard with their perfect long shots from outside the box. It's the best thing to do against park the bus teams and it's unfortunately we don't see that often anymore.

• History

The thing with strikers is that when you play with one in a big clubs the weaker opponents tend to play it safe and defend with their whole team at the back makes it hard for the strikers to find space. Only few players can break these kind of defensive teams, players such as Drogba or Costa. Or the likes of our old Midfields, Essien, Ballack and Lampard with their perfect long shots from outside the box. It's the best thing to do against park the bus teams and it's unfortunately we don't see that often anymore.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

Sarri and Napoli revived Higuain's career but honestly that won't happen with us, I seriously doubt it.

Falcao...Pato...

We even went with a different approach with strikers like Morata and Bats but honestly the only striker we had that was QUALITY was Diego Costa. Icardi is the best deal we can get right now. Not Wilson or an out of form Higuain

Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@sarriball
not to go off topic

, car accidents do happen

• yes they do happen,
    but alonso ,he was 3 times over the legal limit to drive so your statement accidents happen kind of bothers me

IMO accidents dont happen, they are indicative of a pattern of behaviour, i highly doubt this was the first time he drove drunk,

Golefty 5 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Callum hudson seems like a huge downgrade to Icardi, and only 20 mil less!

I think its pretty clear Icardi isnt staying at inter,
thinking he will go to madrid or Barca now

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11435

@Marcus2011 I don't want to call you that though. :P More seriously, I agree with you, Callum Wilson would be overpriced and I don't think he would be as good as some other top six striker either, like Kane, Aubameyang, Aguero or even Lukaku. However, I still think that he could possibly be more effective than Morata (Giroud is better than both imo). As for Higuain, a loan would be okay but to pay anything for a player over 31 with no prior experience of the PL and who've haven't managed to score as consistently as in the past seem like as much as a waste as to sign Wilson.

Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Well well well, Higuaín is joining Chelsea for 6 months loan and an option to extended it to one more year if he reached a certain target.

• History

Well well well, Higuaín is joining Chelsea for 6 months loan and an option to extended it to on more year if he reached a certain target.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11435

@SarriBall This would be the best results possible for Chelsea imho. You don't lose nothing and take no real risk if he end up flopping.

SarriBall 5 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 8 218

Yeah, I can't wait, I mean what worse possible scenario can happen? we were playing without a striker and sometimes with one less player.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11435

@SarriBall Indeed, whats more, Sarri has experience with Higuain before and managed to bring the best out of him, lets hope the move work out but lets be sincere, even if it wasn't exceptional, it couldn't be much worse than Chelsea's current striker situation.