Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

A Very Talented Prospect...
Chanakya999 8 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

I want to start a thread where people post about bright and upcoming prospects that can potentially become world-class players.

I'll start off.

At the age of 16, a young goalkeeper by the name of Gianluigi Donnarumma has taken the Serie A by storm. Born on February 25, 1999, he rose through the youth system at AC Milan and has become an integral part of the AC Milan team. Ever since Diego Lopez has fallen out of favor, Donnarumma has taken the role as the first-choice goalkeeper for this team.

enter image description here

He has been hailed as the next Gianluigi Buffon, also receiving praise from 1982 World Cup winning goalkeeper Dino Zoff, Christian Abbiati, and even from Buffon himself. At the mere age of 16, he has exceeded the expectation of what is needed. Rumor has it that Manchester United are preparing to bid $30 million for this wonderkid but I feel like this is rubbish.

Think about it. What were you doing at the age of 16? Probably studying at school or even playing as these prodigies on your Xbox or Playstation. What he has done is extremely marvelous and he will eventually become a household name in the future.

Now it is your turn. In the comments below, talk about a bright prospect that can one day, take over the league by storm and become the next Ronaldo or Messi.

Comments
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

That guy is living the dream. I don't know if we will ever see someone like Messi or Ronaldo in this era, I very much doubt it..

nandaYNWA 8 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

would love to hear shpalman's thoughts on him

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

Man, this guy is awesome, I love him, haven't seen him a lot but from what I heard, he a really good young goalkeeper and I love that kind of guy who rise up to the challenge and does good. So, you want me to name a young prospect, huh? Ok, I'm guessing I'm gonna take a few bullet for saying that, but I'm thinking of Anthony Martial simply because he's a 19 years old and already playing a good level for one of the top team in the bpl. He's also very mature for his age and has done very good in such a competitive league, he also managed not crack under pressure which is impressive. I hope he can one day become a player as good as other french striker like Benzema and even maybe better.

Edit: Sorry, Martial is actually 20, not 19.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Man, this guy is awesome, I love him, haven't seen him a lot but from what I heard, he a really good young goalkeeper and I love that kind of guy who rise up to the challenge and does good. So, you want me to name a young prospect, huh? Ok, I'm guessing I'm gonna take a few bullet for saying that, but I'm thinking of Anthony Martial simply because he's a 19 years old and already playing a good level for one of the top team in the bpl. He's also very mature for his age and has done very good in such a competitive league, he also managed not crack under pressure which is impressive. I hope he can one day become a player as good as other french striker like Benzema and even maybe better.

Man, this guy is awesome, I love him, haven't seen him a lot but from what I heard, he a really good young goalkeeper and I love that kind of guy who rise up to the challenge and does good. So, you want me to name a young prospect, huh? Ok, I'm guessing I'm gonna take a few bullet for saying that, but I'm thinking of Anthony Martial simply because he's a 20 years old and already playing a good level for one of the top team in the bpl. He's also very mature for his age and has done very good in such a competitive league, he also managed not crack under pressure which is impressive. I hope he can one day become a player as good as other french striker like Benzema and even maybe better.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^martial's 20

what about:

riedewald
tete
fischer
milik
sinkgraven
elghazi
bazoer

all from ajax

shpalman 8 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

@nanda

he looks promising, needs to improve on his post, but the guy has amazing composure considering his age.

Chanakya999 8 years ago

Since I'm bored, might as well write about another player.

At the age of 18, Belgian midfielder Youri Tielemans has taken the spotlight as one the brightest prospects of the future. Born in 1997, this Anderlecht midfielder has capped over 80 appearances for the club bagging in 10 goals as well.

enter image description here

Rumors have it that many clubs want to get him. To name a few, Manchester United, PSG, and Juventus are all looking to capture his signature before the transfer window ends this month. He has the chance to make football very special and he will definitely be part of Belgium's future alongside with Hazard and Courtois.

Sidenote: I got to know about this player from FIFA 16. I was looking for someone for my Manchester United Career Mode and bought him and he has become a 90 overall in 2 years without any training. His transfer worth in my game is at $105 million for a 21 year old.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

All the high FIFA potential players never become superstars, so I'm tempering my enthusiasm for Yuri.

Chanakya999 8 years ago Edited

@SunFlash While you do bring up a good point with past busts such as Macheda and Anderson, FIFA can be able to predict future stars such as Neymar and Pogba. I don't think it is merely about players not becoming superstars, it is just that sometimes these players don't naturally train hard enough or they don't fit into the training style of the manager. In FIFA, you can do whatever you want with the player while jamming down that right trigger, overpowering your opponents because a computer can't be programmed to teach players about a player's work ethic or their personality because it changes every day.

Another factor that plays in is the media as well. For example, a couple of seasons ago, some Manchester United fans had no idea who Adnan Januzaj was (neither did I). He is then inserted into the starting line-up for a game and he scores 2 goals. After this, it just so happens to be that Real Madrid wants him.

For me, Youri has the chance to becoming good but he won't if a club such as Real Madrid buys him and shoves him down the rotation, playing only in Copa del Rey matches against Liga 2 teams.

Good point though!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@SunFlash While you do bring up a good point with past busts such as Macheda and Anderson, FIFA can be able to predict future stars such as Neymar and Pogba. I don't think it is merely about players not becoming superstars, it is just that sometimes these players don't naturally train hard enough or they don't fit into the training style of the manager. In FIFA, you can do whatever you want with the player while jamming down that right trigger overpowering your opponents because a computer can't be programmed to teach players about a player's work ethic or their personality because it changes every day.

Another factor that plays in is the media as well. For example, a couple of seasons ago, some Manchester United fans had no idea who Adnan Januzaj was (neither did I). He is then inserted into the starting line-up for a game and he scores 2 goals. After this, it just so happens to be that Real Madrid wants him.

For me, Youri has the chance to becoming good but he won't if a club such as Real Madrid buys him and shoves him down the rotation, playing only in Copa del Rey matches against Liga 2 teams.

Good point though!

porper 7 months ago
Parma Calcio 1913, Aruba 1 8

s

Emobot7 7 months ago
538 11432

Well, thats a blast from the past, certainly interesting to see nowaday how lots of those player turned out in the end.

Donnaruma certainly did end up having a successful career, winning th Euro with Italy and becoming the first team keeper at PSG.

Tielemans though... He's not a bad player but Sunflash was right about him not living up to the hype. He's currently playing at Aston Villa following the relegation at Leicester and is finding it hard to get game time there apparently.

Also, none of the Ajax players Tiki mentionned really went to become world beater, did they? Milik propably the one I know the most about and even then, I would argue he didn't leave a strong mark anywhere he's been since the Netherland.