{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

A tough moment for Arsenal fans
Comments
Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Another example of what I mean.

Barcelona fans hate Figo. He left their club at a successful time for Real Madrid of all clubs. He is not a club legend to them.

But to Real Madrid fans? Sure, he's a Barca club legend. Many argue whether he contributed enough to our team to be considered a Madrid legend, but there is no doubt he is one of the Barcelona greats we feared so much. But this is from the Real Madrid fan point of view. Barcelona fans do not consider him a legend at all, and with good reason. But there is no doubt that he pushed them to great success, and failed to match that success at Real Madrid.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@KTBFFH

"You'll only make people upset.. like the cry baby above who calls for the moderators in despair."

• I believe it's their job to make sure hate messages and posts aren't made here to prevent pointless bickering from breaking out. And this is the kind of thing that results when they don't delete hate messages immediately. A thread going awfully awry into absolute nonsense over the definition of one word.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Guys, it's a perfectly healthy discussion, so please keep it that way, it's nice to see everyone point of views regarding what's a legend is and especially in case he appears to be a betrayer.

But please keep your head cool and DO NOT USE offensive language, I will clean this up further when Im back. @ManchestUri: you are not helping...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Guys, it's a perfectly healthy discussion, so please keep it that way, it's nice to see everyone point of views regarding what's a legend is and especially incase he appears to be a betrayer.

But please keep your head cool and DO NOT USE offensive language, I will clean this up further when Im back. @ManchestUri: you are not helping...

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yeah, that was a good one, i didnt though it was that sensible subject for Arsenal fans and i think Dynast too.
I think having a long thread discussion is always pleasant, despite the opposite views, sometimes i try to comment as much as i can not because i know it all but im hoping secrectly that people dont agree about everything so we can share visions and learn from other users :).
Despite any rivalry or banter or anything, i think every personality is welcome here even party crasher from time to time :).
When most of us agree about everything, the forum looks dead, this is why i give my own views about other teams sometimes hoping for this teams fan to start a discussion.
It may looks like arrogance, but maybe some of us takes things more seriously.

Here i agree more about King Henry point about Legend, but i found him very harsh on Dynast for the personal attacks, i guess when you try to have a constant contribution for the good of the forum, some mistakes could be done.

Dynast may look arrogant too, but all he wants imo is some action in this website (maybe), we dont pretend to know it all, we are just looking for an opposite view to bring others to get some activity here.

Well i didnt see things like this, if you think commenting many threads and give his opinion even if its wrong or contrversial, is affecting the reputation of a user, than ok I ( we) will comment less and give only political correct opinions in case nobody feelings are hurt, but im pretty sure no one will enjoy commenting or reading a conversation without the extra Spice. :)
I believe its everyone's place here, and we are mature enough to speak freely and avoid stupid attacks, but if the majority here doesnt like it, then i personally would just stick on Barça matters.

Doesnt pretend to know it all about every subject, i just love to inject some life here and maybe sometimes i dont do it the right way, thats why for me Dynast isnt the arrogant prick you think, he is passionate about his team, im even worse than him so i couldnt help.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

@tiki: well said, thank you

Wolfie 10 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844
  • tiki - agreed.

Ok, I wasn't going to comment here but I changed my mind. What's with the hostility? Dyna wasn't being rude or condescending.. The guy is entitled to his opinion, that's what this forum is for remember. If no one ever had opinions different from you, would you even know what you agree or disagree with anymore?

So you don't agree with Dyna, how about you exercise some self control and be calm about it. His opinions if not responded to in a rude and disrespectful way are not going to tear your fabric of reality. Some of you guys have been in this forum for years now. Debating all kinds of topics. Surely after all that time some kind of mutual respect has grown?

We're not all perfect. I'm sure most of us when we say things it's not to bait a reaction or to come across condescending. It's just to voice our opinion. You don't own YOUR club, you are a supporter. Everyone is free here to have their opinion about your club. There is really no point at all to try and undermine or insult someone because they have different ideas from you.

That's what they did back in the middle ages, burning anyone that questioned the status quo. Never forget where you are. This forum has people from all over the World. They grew up in different environments and English may not be their first language.

New users are joining the forum every week. When they see senior users belittling and ganging up on each other like this, do you think they will want to be a part of it? And some of you wonder why people leave or few people contribute.

I'm no angel, I've had my fair share of bust ups. When I look back, I see it was just a big waste of time. It stopped being about football and was just an ego war. You need people to have their unique opinions. Helps you to see things from a new perspective. You shouldn't be close minded and have tunnel vision. That just ruins it for everyone. If you only come here to annoy people then I really feel sorry for you.

• History

Ok, I wasn't going to comment here but I changed my mind. Why is everyone ganging up on Dyna? He wasn't being rude or condescending.. The guy is entitled to his opinion, that's what this forum is for remember. If no one ever had opinions different from you, would you even know what you agree or disagree with anymore?

So you don't agree with Dyna, how about you exercise some self control and be calm about it. His opinions if not responded to in a rude and disrespectful way are not going to tear your fabric of reality. Some of you guys have been in this forum for years now. Debating all kinds of topics. Surely after all that time some kind of mutual respect has grown?

We're not all perfect. I'm sure most of us when we say things it's not to bait a reaction or to come across condescending. It's just to voice our opinion. You don't own YOUR club, you are a supporter. Everyone is free here to have their opinion about your club. There is really no point at all to try and undermine or insult someone because they have different ideas from you.

That's what they did back in the middle ages, burning anyone that questioned the status quo. Never forget where you are. This forum has people from all over the World. They grew up in different environments and English may not be their first language.

New users are joining the forum every week. When they see senior users belittling and ganging up on each other like this, do you think they will want to be a part of it? And some of you wonder why people leave or few people contribute.

I'm no angel, I've had my fair share of bust ups. When I look back, I see it was just a big waste of time. It stopped being about football and was just an ego war. You need people to have their unique opinions. Helps you to see things from a new perspective. You shouldn't be close minded and have tunnel vision. That just ruins it for everyone. If you only come here to annoy people then I really feel sorry for you.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@vendeta +1

Pauola Ferreira was super loyal and reliable player . Won many titles with a club and had his share of contribution . Ofcourse he is not a legend of our club but one player that I will remember forever.

Bosingwa will stay in mind like this :

He was first to lift it before our captains ....and was glued to it whole night smh

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited

I did not see anything wrong with what Dynastian said . Normal argument . As longest there are no personal insults .

tiki +1 spot on

and wolfie +1 spot on .

• History

I did not see anything wrong with Dynastian said . Normal argument . As longest there are not personal insults .

tiki +1 spot on

and wolfie +1 spot on .

I did not see anything wrong with what Dynastian said . Normal argument . As longest there are not personal insults .

tiki +1 spot on

and wolfie +1 spot on .

I did not see anything wrong with what Dynastian said . Normal argument . As longest they are not personal insults .

tiki +1 spot on

and wolfie +1 spot on .

KTBFFHSWE 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

KTBFFHSWE 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I'll just leave this here^. Arsenal legends?

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Thank you to both Wolfie and Tiki.... +1

Marcus2011 10 years ago

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

lmao Marcus

tuan_jinn 10 years ago

@KTBFFHSWE: isn't that what Dyn posted and where the whole debate started?

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

+1 to Tiki and Wolfie!

Madrid1902 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Spain 0 3

As a Madrid fan, I will use this example:

For me Alvaro Arbeloa is a club legend. He has earned that status.
He is loved by fans all around.
He never complains about his secondary role in the team even though he can be a regular starter in most of the Top 5 European League teams.
He has won everything with Real Madrid.

Rightly nicknamed "The Spartan" !!

As far as the post is concerned, I think that the Arsenal fans hate (like really hate) Van Persie and are more or less neutral to Fabregas. And, NO, they are not club legends for Arsenal or any club for that matter. Not until now.

• History

As a Madrid fan, I will use this example: For me Alvaro Arbeloa is a club legend. He has earned that status. He is loved by fans all around. He never complains about his secondary role in the team even though he can be a regular starter in most of the Top 5 European Leagues. He has won everything with Real Madrid.Rightly nicknamed "The Spartan" !!As far as the post is concerned, I think that the Arsenal fans hate (like really hate) Van Persie and are more or less neutral to Fabregas. And, NO, they are not club legends for Arsenal or any club for that matter. Not until now.

He never complains about his secondary role in the team even though he can be a regular starter in most of the Top 5 European Leagues.

As far as the post is concerned, I think that the Arsenal fans hate (like really hate) Van Persie and are more or less neutral to Fabregas. And, NO, they are not club legends for Arsenal or any club for that matter. Not until now.

He never complains about his secondary role in the team even though he can be a regular starter in most of the Top 5 European Leagues.

Iraqi_Madridista 10 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

^ You're joking? Arbeloa a legend? Never. He is a great defender and he has loyalty for Madrid, but calling him a legend is just too far.

Sergio and Casillas are the biggest legends for me ;)

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I agree with Iraqi, Arbeloa is not a club legend.

The only club legends we have in our squad right now are Ronaldo, Ramos, and Casillas. Alonso is a legend as well to me, but he only spent 5 years with us. Nevertheless, his contribution was immense, and it was tough to see the man leave.

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Can a player be considered a "Legend" for more than 1 team? Just a thought.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis

Sure, why not? CR7 is both a United and Real Madrid legend. It's very much possible.