Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Zlatan injured until next year, Rojo out for the rest of the season - well sh*t.
iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Zlatan reportedly will most likely return in Jan 2018, while Rojo will also be out for the rest of the season. Wishing both a speedy recovery, but this also a good chance for Rashford to thrive his role as a CF, and I'm sure Mourinho is thinking the same.

Personally, I feel as though Zlatan's presence on the pitch suppresses Marcus's full potential, but now this is also an excellent reason for us to coup another top -notch forward like Griezemann, because his pace alongside Rashford's, I believe, will form an unstoppable force and will really suit Mourinho's style of football.

Another thing to be wary of is our defence. Rojo and Bailly made an impressive partnership throughout this season, but now that Rojo's gone, can't tell who else can replace the lad other than Smalling. But knowing Smalling, this worries me about our training fixtures. Smalling isn't bad, but he can make a lot of dumb mistakes too. Maybe its time Blind to be brought back as a CB and Shaw be given the chance to prove his worth at LB. Any thoughts?

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well I think that Zlatan is going out so they need first someone to replace him, and then the real +improvement player.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo111 So Griezmann in for Zlatan, and Belotti for the future? But then wouldn't it mean even more competition for Rashford and Martial (even tough they can play on the wing, they are still so good as striker when they want to). They would propably need to sell some player or send them on loan.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Well if Mourinho thinks that the current team can get even better next season and he just needs 1 signing for the attack to replace Zlatan then he won't buy 2 attacking players.

But rumors say Arsenal and Chelsea are also interested in Belotti, so far 25 goals and 5 assits for Torino in 29 games, he has better stats than Higuain but plays with worse teammates so if he can produce a bit more than half as good stats in first year in the Premier league it's still amazing.

Question is, if they only get Griezmann who is the other attacker to fear from in Manchester United?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo Rashford or Martial I guess... :S Then again, you don't need two world class striker, you only need one and a good sub.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If Mourinho prefers 4-3-3 formation then Griezmann would need 1 more good attacking player with him + another winger that can be Martial for example.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo Rashfod or Lingard maybe? Lingard can play on the wing while Rashford best position is as striker but he could also be on the wing if need arise.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

So it's Rashford in the middle, and Lingaard, Griezmann on the wings?
That is ok but doesn't sound title contender attack compared to Costa,Pedro,Hazard or Aguero,Sterling,De Bruyne or Mane,Firmino,Coutinho...

Only if Rashford grows into a monster player.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Golazo Well, a three man attack of Martial, Griezmann and Lingard would already be a bit better than what I said but even then, I agree its not as good as certain team in the PL. Its hard to judge if Belotti would be better than Rashford as striker for United though. :S Also, not sure Mourinho would play three upfront, he actually like to play his winger lower on the field so they can help in defense from what I understand.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golazo Well, a three man attack of Martial, Griezmann and Lingard would already be a bit better than what I said but even then, I agree its not as good as certain team in the PL. Its hard to judge if Belotti would be better than Rashford as striker for United though. :S

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Griezmann will come, Belotti won't imo..

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

What's the point in signing another attacking player when Mourinho still has no clue what to do upfront while he clearly knows how to do so defensively. His second half of the season with Chelsea was so badly organized upfront, he's been doing the exact same thing with us - the only difference is that we're showing A bit more passion.

Aside from the players, our level attacking style isn't sophisticated enough. Jose has to come up with another fresh attacking idea or else we're going to end up having another season with a lot of draws...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@iHEART Sadly, I don't think Mourinho will suddenly get better at arranging the attack of his side, he seem to have alway focused on the defensive side of his game. :( Might be the reason why he alway target big names in offense, to make up for it. :S