Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva are set to join PSG
darryl125zr 12 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 4 44

UPDATE: July 12 at 2:40 p.m. ET by Jessica Isner: It's a done deal now. Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic are officially headed to Paris Saint-Germain, according to a tweet by 101 Great Goals:

101 Great Goals
@101greatgoals

Breaking: Silvio Berlusconi quoted by Gazzetta dello Sport confirming sale of Zlatan Ibrahimovic & Thiago Silva to PSG. #huge

[

13 Jul 12
](https://twitter.com/101greatgoals/statuses/223485596377677824)

Berlusconi's commentary can be found in La Gazzetta Dello Sport here, but unless you can read Italian, you might just have to make due with the above translation.  

[End of Update]

AC Milan's
loss is Paris Saint-Germain's huge gain: The French giants seem to be
on the verge of acquiring two of Milan's brightest stars in one coup.  

PSG,
already fully engaged in talks with Milan's Thiago Silva, is on the
verge of coming to terms with his teammate, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, in a
move that would cost a total of €62 million, according to ESPN.com.

PSG sporting director Leonardo confirmed the negotiations to ESPNSoccerNet.
The two teammates come as a package deal—Silva and PSG were close to a
deal in June, but Milan president Silvio Berlusconi wasn't interested
unless he could also dispatch Ibrahimovic in one fell swoop.

Now, such a deal appears to be closer than ever. Ibrahimovic will likely seek a raise from €12 million per year, according to SoccerNet, and Silva has already agreed with PSG upon a €7.5 million annual deal.

According to SoccerNet,
Ibrahimovic's agent met with Milan for four hours on Wednesday in order
to come to terms on a fee, and now, all that remain are final
negotiations between Ibrahimovic and PSG. Then it will be a done deal. 

Acquiring
both Ibrahimovic and Silva in one deal would be a colossal gain for
PSG, which finished second in Ligue 1 in 2011-12, just three points
behind Montpellier. The combination of the two Milan stars could give
them precisely what they need to close the narrow gap.

Silva, in
27 regular-season appearances with Milan in 2011-12, registered two
goals and tallied another one in the Champions League.

But the
more significant acquisition is 30-year-old Ibrahimovic, widely
considered to be one of the most skilled strikers in the world. He has
tallied 28 goals in 32 appearances with Milan since June 2011. Most
recently, he exited Euro 2012 in the group stage along with his Swedish
counterparts, but not before tallying a spectacular goal versus France.

The
fact that PSG is immersed so deeply in negotiations with Ibrahimovic
and Silva is yet another sign that this new ownership group is serious
about winning and is committed to giving the league its first serious
contender for the Champions League title in nearly two decades.

And
the negotiations are further proof that Leonardo isn't afraid to spend
during the transfer window in order to give this team a chance to
win: PSG has already acquired Ezequiel Lavezzi from Napoli for €26 million. 

With
Silva and Ibrahimovic also in the mix at PSG next season, Montpellier
better be ready because there could soon be a new champion in town.

Comments
JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

they have the league in the bag now

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

WTF! How... I mean, why? Milan are throwing in the towel this year if this is true. I understand that they are both on MASSIVE wages and that the incoming money is well needed but to lose both crown jewels in one fell swoop? What's more is that Milan are actively forcing the transfer to go through... Ibra wasn't convinced. But with enough money, all things are possible. Shows why PSG is hated in France even more than City is in England.

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

milan wont even get to europa league if this really happens... no nesta no thiago no zlatan no milan
in the other hand PSG is buying more players than what they rally need just like city and RM did, but with a team like this its just a matter of time for PSG to win some titles

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I thought Milan were holding onto Silva. When Barca went after him they said they wouldn't sell him for any amount. 

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

I understand why Milan sold them, they are top class players but very expencive. Milan will save up 150 milions in 2 yaers. That's a lot. Also they still owe money to Barcelona for the Ibra's signing.

ClChris 12 years ago
Manchester United, Ecuador 1 6

Didn't silva JUST sign a new contract?! Idk what Milan is doing. I guess the money they're saving is more important that challenging for the Title? Then again idk what's going on there.

thijsFCB 12 years ago
Barcelona, Netherlands 45 223

Money strikes again!

GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

WHA THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK?! that's what i said when i heard about this.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Milan are doomed ..... I bet they are not the Top 10 in the world right now !!

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

They had to do this transfers for economic reasons, milan would save about 150 million in two years besides the 60million from the transfers which they need to use to build a new milan almost from 0... from the current squad they have more or less 5/11 top players. 

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Ibra playing in France with that inexperienced players? Are you serious?

BavariaFC 12 years ago
Bayern Munich, Germany 0 22

AC Milan are fuckin retarded to sell their two best players.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

NO!!!! WHY DID WE SELL IBRA!???? AND WE NEEDED A REPLACEENT FOR PUYOL...

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@rama, I don't get it...

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@ramaboy : dafuq did i just read !

shpalman 12 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

as an AC Milan die hard fan,i can only say that it all makes sense. of course i am a bit sad that Thiago goes away,but hes a defender and even if he's the best in the world,still,the defense is made by more people,so him alone won't make a big difference if the other players play bad. for 40m he can go,no defender would be ever sold for that amount of money. different thing instead is Ibra. a forward alone can hold the attack of a team,but in his case i am happy that he leaves. you have to know that Ibra,beside being a top player,he's also a pain in the ass for the whole team. he acts like a princess,he doesn't allow the coach to develop a team-game because he wants the whole team to play for him. furthermore he brought a lot of internal troubles in the "dressing room". usually he's good in the league but then when it comes to big european challenges he was never able to be decisive---->CL failures anyone? so,that said,he's a 31years old forward..this is the best time to sell it,next year no one would buy him at that price. overall i am quite happy and relieved,because now the coach has the freedom to do his job and finally we will start to valorize young italian talented players like Destro and..Veratti(would be a dream if milan is able to bring him in the squad). many of you see this as a kind of tragedy for italian football,but for me it's the best thing that could happen. look what the arabs did to english football: lots of bells and whistles but then? england doesn't win anything since 1966. and in CL english teams reached more or less the same results of other european/italian teams which weren't full of top players and absurdly flowing money. i prefer that italian teams bet on our youngsters,make them grow. there's a lot of talents and the last EURO2012 showed that you can have an excellent football team,really quality stuff even if the names don't appear in the international sensationalistic football panorama. i am more willing to wait and discover the new Pirlos,Maldinis,Nestas,Zolas than filling the money-pocket of some soulless mercenaries.