Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Zinedine Zidane
_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

He achieved greatness as a player, he achieved greatness as a manager. But which Zidane has been most succesful?

Comments
quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

you can't compare those yet imo. However he is on the best possible path

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Have to agree with quikzyyy for now but I have to concede he might very well know more success as a manager if he keep that up. I don't see why he couldn't as long as he stick with Real and that Real stick with him.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

I said the player because he has not yet carved a true coaching career yet for me. I mean, he took over Real Madrid, not Osasuna, or Norwich City, or Lecce.

Real have their own challenges for sure, but they are NOT hurting for talent, nor struggle with the funds to get players.

Time will tell and I do think he is a solid manager right now.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

@DarthFooty: But he didn’t play for Osasuna, Lecce or Norwich neither.😉

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

I said the player because he has not yet carved a true coaching career yet for me. I mean, he took over Real Madrid, not Osasuna, or Norwich City, or Lecce.
Real have their own challenges for sure, but they are NOT hurting for talent, nor struggle with the funds to get players.
Time will tell and I do think he is a solid manager right now.

Hard disagree. He guides them to UCLs. He leaves and they suck (for Real). He returns and they win La Liga. He's clearly a level above as a manager, irrelevant of where he started. We shouldn't take Messi less seriously because he's only ever played for Barcelona.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Can’t believe Barcelona let their lead slip. They never do this from pole position credit to Zidane for keeping a cool head. He also got the best out of Benzema who seemed lethargic and well passed his prime and subsequently carried their goal threat. Thought Benz was well passed it but not just yet.

Hard to say which Zidane Was and is better, at the moment the coach for me.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

@Sunflash That is fair, but the fact remains, Real have always had talent or access to talent, which helps a ton. It does say a lot about how he handles the players, the tactics, and such. Is he a better manager than player right now though, I still say not yet.

Dingoal25 3 years ago Edited
USA 0 1

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Player for me, but as a Coach he's getting there.

I think he's a bit underrated in the Coaching part (as reasonably he took Real with full of stars), but he also has to compete with other Elite teams and Barcelona, too. He started quite luckily, but he proved it wasn't just luck.