Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Yup, now they're getting Pogba no matter what, Chelsea.
LipeCarpi 9 years ago
Corinthians, Brazil 3 5

After today's result i see themselves desperate for a big signing.... What do you think ?

Comments
JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Well, Pogba would've been a nice addition, but seeing the ridiculous money that Juventus and Pogba himself reportedly demanded, we were right not to snap him up. I think it's a player all Chelsea fans would have welcomed with open arms, but now that this transfer window is closed, it does probably mean that Pogba will sign for Barcelona next year.

As sad as I am about this situation, there's also a positive to take away from it.. after years of demanding more playing time for our youngsters, I'm optimistic that it might finally be the year that it happens, especially when taking the form of our current starting eleven into consideration. A lot of our players - very important players, notably - are off-form. I'm talking about the likes of Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Terry and especially Ivanovic, as most of you have pointed out anyway. Now, over the course of the last months, these players have been given the impression that they're undropable by Mourinho, which, to an extent, is true. However, this also made them feel overly comfortable and not quite showing the drive to emulate last years performances. Mourinho's now confronted with a problem he caused all by himself - the lack of rotation. You can't play the same XI 38 times a season. Rotate, make them feel that there's always someone breathing down their necks in order to get the best out of them. It doesn't mean changing the whole team every other game, just getting one, two, three new players in from time to time. I'd love to see that XI against Everton:

Courtois
Azpi - Zouma - Cahill - Baba
RLC - Matic
Pedro - Oscar - Hazard
Costa

Maybe even Remy, because I'm afraid that Costa will terrify Stones so much that he'll be too scared to sign for Chelsea next year.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, Pogba would've been a nice addition, but seeing the ridiculous money that Juventus and Pogba himself reportedly demanded, we were right not to snap him up. I think it's a player all Chelsea fans would have welcomed with open arms, but now that this transfer window is closed, it does probably mean that Pogba will sign for Barcelona next year.

As sad as I am about this situation, there's also a positive to take away from it.. after years of demanding more playing time for our youngsters, I'm optimistic that it might finally be the year that it happens, especially when taking the form of our current starting eleven into consideration. There are a lot of players - very important players, notably - off-form. I'm talking about the likes of Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Terry and especially Ivanovic, as most of you have pointed out anyway. Now, over the course of the last months, these players have been given the impression that they're undropable by Mourinho, which, to an extent, is true. However, this also made them feel overly comfortable and not quite showing the drive to emulate last years performances. Mourinho's now confronted with a problem he caused all by himself - the lack of rotation. You can't play the same XI 38 times a season. Rotate, make them feel that there's always someone breathing down their necks in order to get the best out of them. It doesn't mean changing the whole team every other game, just getting one, two, three new players in from time to time. I'd love to see that XI against Everton:

Courtois
Azpi - Zouma - Cahill - Baba
RLC - Matic
Pedro - Oscar - Hazard
Costa

Maybe even Remy, because I'm afraid that Costa will terrify Stones so much that he'll be too scared to sign for Chelsea next year.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Courtois

Azpi - Terry - Zouma - Baba

Ramires - Matic

Pedro - RLC/Kenedy - Hazard

Remy

This team can beat a mid table club. We need to give RLC, Kenedy and Bertrand Traore more chances.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Courtois

Azpi - Terry - Zouma - Baba

Ramires - Matic

Pedro - RLC - Kenedy

Remy

This team can beat a mid table club. We need to give RLC, Kenedy and Bertrand Traore more chances.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Now we have a new age . Where clubs will rely much more on their scouts spotting future talents because you miss couple of years and we end up with ridiculous sums for young players .

I am glad we did not sign him for that amount . I rather see that money invested into academy and develop more players or find talents that will become big .