Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Your Perfect World Cup
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

In those quiet moments, when I have a nice bagful of my favorite herb, a beer or two, and time to kill laying back thinking of my dream World Cup... I imagine it along these lines:

Group Phase: England, Italy, France and Sweden

England teach Italy a lesson (Di Rossi gets sent off for diving) at 2-0, before drawing with France 1-1, because they deserve it, and narrowly beating Sweden 4-3, with hat-tricks from both Ibra and Rooney, and Lennon nabbing the winner.

Having navigated this group of death, we then proceed to face Portugal in the 2nd Round. Ronaldo scores a magnificent solo goal, but Pepe ends up getting sent off (and giving up a penalty), which Lampard converts, and then Rooney gets a winner in Extra Time.

Onto the quarters, and it's time to pick up our long-standing (and admittedly one-sided) grudge with Germany. It's a blistering match, as ever, but this time Hart makes the save of the tournament to deny Muller, and Defoe slots one in to win 1-0.

With the Old Enemy defeated, it's on to the semis, and here we face another of our rivals in Argentina, with Messi and Ageuro having already defeated Spain in one of the games of the year, to get there with us. We proceed to have one of the finest games of the new century, with magnificent attacking play from the South Americans (Messi scores the goal of the tournament), but our defense are on their game too, our counter-attacking razor sharp, and we walk away with a 3-2 victory, and after such an amazing game, our two countries finally make friends again (and Messi transfers to Tottenham, because he wants to play with Lennon).

Then. The Final. Against who else but Brazil? The Samba Boys are riding high after a truly wonderful performance to beat France 3-0 in their own semi, and the world is treated to a tactical masterclass, with Lampard scoring a penalty won by Welbeck in the 4th minute, and holding on against a rampaging Brazil (Neymar has a goal disallowed with an expert offside decision), to win 1-0.

Gerrard lifts the World Cup, England declare a national holiday, and we spend the next 50 years talking about how we now have TWO stars on our national jerseys!

What's yours? ;)

Comments
Megatron 11 years ago
0 15

welbeck starting in the final?? lool

overall this is nice :)))

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

hmmm for me it is simple : We win the world cup and beat Germany. Thats it really

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Megatron: "welbeck starting in the final?? lool"

Sadly, Walcott tore his hamstring with his heroic goal against Argentina... >.>

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

My Perfect World Cup : I am from India.

I just want to here our National Anthem in a World Cup before I die.

Just Once !!

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

This is brilliant, haha. 

I've dreamed about England winning the World Cup in different ways but I've never actually dreamed about the group stage, quarter or semi. Very interesting. 

I've got some dreaming to do tonight ;)

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

dude brazil can never ever win against us at a world cup :D

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

seeing S.Korea making it back to the semi's - that was one of the most glorious days back then.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@quikzyyy: You wait till Qatar, mate. Expect the hosts to reach at least the quarters.

Lodatz 11 years ago

In the wake of the discovery of a shit-ton of match-fixing scandals recently, does anyone imagine FIFA are not dabbling in the market? ;)

But, anyways, was more interested in people's dream WCs.

Heisinburg 11 years ago

Sorry Lodatz, I guess it's a taboo for me to express my desire to see my country making it to the semi-finals once more, as people are so fixated upon one ridiculous video.

Lodatz 11 years ago

How long do you think we've been waiting in England? 10 years, like you, or 22 years? Not to mention 46 years since a final. If you can't understand why people might 'fixate' on the suggestion of some countries getting screwed in the tournament they adore above anything in the world, then I don't know what else to tell ya.

Heisinburg 11 years ago

Well at least your country made it to a WC final - and won it. No Asian country has ever made it to a WC Semi-final, and for our country (S. Korea) to make it is a significant achievement. And for your information, yes, I can understand why some people might fixate on these suggestions, but I can't understand why you're implying that you're one of them.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Heisinburg: Hey now, I'm not saying that reaching a semi-final is not a significant achievement; I'm saying that if there's doubts over the source of the achievement (like the outrageous refereeing highlighted in the video supplied), then other participants might feel a little cheated out of their own chance to achieve. ;)

The 'glory' of certain host-runs is remembered a little differently outside of the nations in question. Don't take it personally; there were suspicions in France in 1998, too. ;)

But, that's why the video resonates; it's a reminder for everyone else of what might have been, had the officiating been other than what we do see in this vid. 

Heisinburg 11 years ago

Okay, but I just to reiterate how vexing it is to see people using this video to persuade others that S.Korea cheated their way to the semis.

The clips of every stupid tackles in that video were all fouls that have been fairly dealt with by the refs, but clearly the maker of that vid cut those scenes out. If you're still not convinced, then watch the full match of all those games and see for yourselves, other than that then I don't know what else to tell ya.

I can clearly understand that quickzyyy used that video as an insult to our country's achievement, which is something I, and other Koreans in this site, don't appreciate and thus, it has come to my intentions to defend our country's pride. It also might have damaged the flow of your forum topic, Lodatz, and I apologise for that.

Heisinburg 11 years ago

Look, the purpose of this forum topic is for Lodatz to see what we want to see for our country in the World Cup. All I said was to see S. Korea making it to the semi-finals once more, and then many of you attack me with S. Korea's performance in the WC 2002. What the fck's your problem?

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

Great post as usual, Lodatz. Brilliant sum up. Mine would be something like that as well, only switch Portugal with England. By the way, with 2nd round, you mean last 16?

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Golden: I do, yes. :)