Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Your Clubs Ultimate XI
AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

What is your clubs ultimate XI using players only from the country that club is from. Mine is: Edwin van der Sar, Frank De Boer, Ronald De Boer, Frank Rijkaard, Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Marc Overmars, Dennis Bergkamp, Johan Cruyff, Patrick Kluivert, Marco van Basten. I'm playing 3-4-3 :)

Comments
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

Ajax created all these players too apart from Edwin who we signed when he was 20 years old :)

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

4-1-2-1-2

Petr Cech
      |
Steve Clarke - Carvalho - Terry - Ashley Cole
      |
Makelele

|
Lampard - Di Matteo
      |
Gianfranco Zola
      |
Hasselbaink - Gudjohnsen

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

for english club only english players allowed. will be dificult for some clubs though so why not just open it up to any players in the history of the clubs :)

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Oops! Didn't see the first sentence of your post :P.

4-1-2-1-2

Bonetti
    |
Wayne Bridge - Terry(c) - Duberry - Cole
    |
Glen Hoddle
    |
Lampard - Dennis Wise
    |
Joe Cole
    |
Peter Osgood - Bobby Tambling

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I'd rather give an all-time XI for the club, regardless of nationality. I mean, how can you have Man U without Best, Cantona and Schmeichel, for instance, or Arsenal without Henry and Bergkamp. Or Spurs without Jennings and Audiles.

Ajax is a bit of a special case, given their legendary youth team, and not really reflective of the majority of clubs.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

I disagree with that. While an all-time XI is much better to do and much easier, all-time XI with only native players is easy for some for some teams. ManUtd can use the their team during the times of the Busby Babes era or the 90s and 21st century teams as well (Andy Cole, Scholes, Beckham, Neville, Rooney, Ferdinand etc). Before Wenger, there were multiple amazing English players playing for Arsenal. Hell, there were some amazing English players even during the Wenger era (Wilshere, Seaman, Campbell, that African American striker in the 90s, and much more) Same can go for Spanish teams Valencia, Barca, or Real Madrid. But I would have enjoyed an all-time XI as well. Maybe Ajax can do a post about that one too!

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

"that African American striker in the 90s"

LOL, do you mean 'black'? Cause, like, being African American kinda denotes being, y'know, American. ;) (also, I think you mean Ian Wright?).

And yes, that's true, but it's then not really a Best Ever, is it? It just seems strange to exclude the actual greats, just because they weren't native. I mean heck, Real without Di Stefano would be insane, and he was from Argentina. Same for Barca without Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Messi etc etc.

Do you see what I mean? It just seems like a silly endeavour to me.

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

trollman,no torres?lol,i mean drogba?

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

What if players have dual nationality? Like Messi and di Stefano both have Spanish nationalities.

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Ian Wright! That's the guy! Yeah I mean black :P. I'm just used to the word African American since I have been in an American school since I was 7. @Jeffrey look at the first sentence written by Ajax.

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

okay everyone put two teams. one overall team and one just native players team. i think my team stay same for both :)

Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Orrrrrrr do one thread about all-time XI and leave this as the native all-time XI. So then it doesn't look all compact and messed up.

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

yup i like that idea

regli11 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

man utd

de gea

rafeal      ferdinand      vidic      evra

kagawa          
valencia                                    young
                        rooney

rvp      chicirito

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

If you really know your club's history well, this is one of the MOST DIFFICULT things to do. Luckily, I already made my ALL-TIME ARSENAL XI previously. I literally had to leave out about 18 World class players while coming up with this.

Manager: Herbert Chapman
System: 3-5-2

Jack Kelsey
Steve Bould     Tony Adams     David O'Leary
                Liam Brady    Patrick Vieira
Robert Pires     Dennis Bergkamp   Alex James
               Cliff Bastin    Thierry Henry

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

This was extremely HARD for a Barcelona fan. I would play a 352 formation.

Zubizaretta

Dani Alves     Koeman      Puyol  

Guardiola
                      Xavi

Iniesta   Maradona   Ronaldinho

Messi
                         Ronaldo

It was very hard to choose between Romaria and Ronaldo (Romario did more for Barca but I like Ronaldo more), and Laudrup or Cruyff for Maradonna (again because I like Maradona more). To be honest I think this XI would **** any all-time XI, including United's are Madrid's.

tdot2barca 11 years ago

Romario*

tdot2barca 11 years ago

I wasn't sure whether we were doing all time historic players or just best players from the country the club is from. Oh well.

Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

@tdotbarca just do both. and you get extra marks if you can go further than just spanish and do just catalonia :) @footaholic what about your arsenal-england all time XI?

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@regli11 the players have to be ENGLISH and can be from their history e.g giggs