Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Xavi to Middle East??
Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

What? O.o

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2014/06/xavi-moving-to-al-arabi-next-season.html?

*Former Romanian international Dan Petrescu, now manager at Al-Arabi claims Xavi has made a verbal agreement to join Al-Arabi next season.

Romanian TV channel ‘Digisport’ interviewed Petrescu who revealed the 34 year-old Spain and Barcelona midfielder will join them and be playing the Qatar Stars League next season.

• *“Xavi has signed a pre-contract with Al-Arabi even though he has received offers from other clubs. I personally contacted him about him joining us. The person who brought me to Al-Arabi is currently in Brazil but it’s difficult to confirm anything while he is taking part in the World Cup. **"Nevertheless I have been able to speak to him by phone and I asked him whether he would be interested in joining us. He’s an extraordinary guy, he seems very sensible – all of the great players are usually very modest, unassuming people.

“We are sounding out a number of top players who are currently with their respective national sides at the World Cup but I can’t disclose any names at the moment. We do want Xavi and we have proposed a salary of eight million euros per season”.**

• Meanwhile back in Spain Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu, Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta and Xavi’s agent, Iván Corrretja had a meeting and discussed the players future.

I realize that this is from a Spurs fan's site, (and in truth I don't know WHY it's on his site) but, any truth in this?

If true, the it would be an indication that FootyRoom is not the only place that people agree Xavi's time at the top is over. If not true, then where on earth did that rumour come from??

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

What? O.o

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2014/06/xavi-moving-to-al-arabi-next-season.html?

Former Romanian international Dan Petrescu, now manager at Al-Arabi claims Xavi has made a verbal agreement to join Al-Arabi next season.

Romanian TV channel ‘Digisport’ interviewed Petrescu who revealed the 34 year-old Spain and Barcelona midfielder will join them and be playing the Qatar Stars League next season.
*“Xavi has signed a pre-contract with Al-Arabi even though he has received offers from other clubs. I personally contacted him about him joining us. The person who brought me to Al-Arabi is currently in Brazil but it’s difficult to confirm anything while he is taking part in the World Cup. ****"Nevertheless I have been able to speak to him by phone and I asked him whether he would be interested in joining us. He’s an extraordinary guy, he seems very sensible – all of the great players are usually very modest, unassuming people.

“We are sounding out a number of top players who are currently with their respective national sides at the World Cup but I can’t disclose any names at the moment. We do want Xavi and we have proposed a salary of eight million euros per season”.***
Meanwhile back in Spain Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu, Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta and Xavi’s agent, Iván Corrretja had a meeting and discussed the players future. - See more at: http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.com/2014/06/xavi-moving-to-al-arabi-next-season.html?#sthash.kIWhXdOF.dpuf

I realize that this is from a Spurs fan's site, (and in truth I don't know WHY it's on his site) but, any truth in this?

If true, the it would be an indication that FootyRoom is not the only place that people agree Xavi's time at the top is over. If not true, then where on earth did that rumour come from??

What? O.o

*Former Romanian international Dan Petrescu, now manager at Al-Arabi claims Xavi has made a verbal agreement to join Al-Arabi next season.

• *“Xavi has signed a pre-contract with Al-Arabi even though he has received offers from other clubs. I personally contacted him about him joining us. The person who brought me to Al-Arabi is currently in Brazil but it’s difficult to confirm anything while he is taking part in the World Cup. **"Nevertheless I have been able to speak to him by phone and I asked him whether he would be interested in joining us. He’s an extraordinary guy, he seems very sensible – all of the great players are usually very modest, unassuming people.

“We are sounding out a number of top players who are currently with their respective national sides at the World Cup but I can’t disclose any names at the moment. We do want Xavi and we have proposed a salary of eight million euros per season”.**

• Meanwhile back in Spain Barcelona President Josep Maria Bartomeu, Sporting Director Andoni Zubizarreta and Xavi’s agent, Iván Corrretja had a meeting and discussed the players future.

Comments
tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Despite dropping form, and not at his top, he is still one of the best AMF in the world at this moment. If this rumor is even remotely true, that sounds like a stupid decision from Xavi. I dont think it's true.

1. Dan Petrescu might just play some kind of attention-mind-trick, to get more attention or even investment for his whatever project
  2. Dont believe in what you see on the internet.
Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Ive heard that he's signed a pre season contact to play for Qatar

I've also heard Barca say "he's free to leave."

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yeah, I saw that its true he's free to leave. But middle-east now??? comon, not yet.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Thats true, a 24M contract over 3 years, from El Arabi, i think its time for him to leave as benching him and paying his wages wouldnt be good for anyone, i was waiting for things to get official to make a tribute about him.

Machina is leaving, a new page of Barça turned with him, wish him a lot of pleasure in Qatar, i also think he could retire internationally after World cup.

• History

Thats true, a 24M contract over 3 years, from El Arabi, i think its time for him to live as benching him and paying his wages wouldnt be good for anyone, i was waiting for things to get official to make a tribute about him.
Machina is leaving, a new page of Barça turned with him, wich him a lot of pleasure in Qatar, i also think he could retire internationally after World cup.

Thats true, a 24M contract over 3 years, from El Arabi, i think its time for him to leave as benching him and paying his wages wouldnt be good for anyone, i was waiting for things to get official to make a tribute about him.

Machina is leaving, a new page of Barça turned with him, wich him a lot of pleasure in Qatar, i also think he could retire internationally after World cup.

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I think at this point in his career he just wants to take it easy, play with less stress, enjoy his football and earn boatloads doing it. I wish he didn't but that is the nature of the game sometimes. Not everyone can be a Pirlo and influence the game to this extent at an old age. What better way to accomplish that than going to Al-Arabi where the wages are virtually tax-free? He is 34 now. But at least he didn't make the move so early like Gyan Asamoah. Sure he scored 100 goals in 89 games for Al Ain, but his talent warrants him playing in a better league.

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

So Rakitic is replacement for Xavi ? I always thought it would be Fabregas but I guess that is out the window .

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If Xavi follows Cesc out the Camp Nou, then Rakitic can't be the only replacement. Clearly Enrique is trying to change the philosophy altogether by selling two very important players, and the next midfielder to come in will be very interesting.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The replacement for Xavi is koke mark my words...
Our future depends on signing a CB and Koke, we are in odd situation where not every players has the aptitude to play for us, thats why when we want a player, teams know that we dont have many choice, we will take koke, his buyout clause is 60M and i cant see Atletico saying No to this amount.

• History

The replacement for Xavi is koke mark my words...

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

"The replacement for Xavi is koke mark my words..."

Quite possibly, but I wouldn't be surprised to see City try and pick him up first. Would Barcelona be prepared to get into a bidding war, if that happened?

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I have to say that all that hype about La Masia academia and no good replacement has come out of there for Xavi or Iniesta .

Koke for 60 million ? I think Barcelona needs reevaluate this player and appraise him accordingly .

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

Problem lies with Atletico. They're in a massive hole of debt, and they need to get the most out of their transfers. Undoubtedly Koke is worth half the price of his buyout clause, but according to Spanish laws, you must have a buyout clause on every player in Spain, and Atletico will take full advantage of that. Mark my words, AM will be more than happy to keep Koke. If Barca want him, they're going to have to pay the full price.

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Rakitic will make a great Xavi replacement IMO