Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

WTF TRANSFERS THREAD
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

As the title suggests I thought it'd be a good idea to announce/discuss any transfers made this summer that made you stop in your tracks and ask... whaaaa? Now this can be as simple as an unexpected transfer coup to as bizzare as this little gem:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11701/8802839/Transfer-news-Stoke-sign-Marc-Muniesa-from-Barcelona-on-free-transfer

That's right folks, you read it correctly; Stoke City have signed one of Barcelona's more promising academy CBs. You know, because there's nothing as natural as moving from Barcelona to Stoke on Trent. In fact, this story is what inspired me to make this thread.

Please note, other examples can be different but should be something that causes you to really think "how'd that happen?'. Now, You may not come across any such transfer, in which case don't post anything. BUT if you do happen across one, this is the place to discuss it.

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I know :( All of our youth is falling apart and leaving

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Messi to United :)

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Ok here are some others:

#1- Norwich sign Sporting's Van Wolfswinkel for a reported 8.5m pounds. = What a coup! This kid is talented.
#2- Swansea have just signed Liverpool's Jonjo Shelvey for a reported 5m pounds. WTF?

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Adding this one:
#3 - Cassano to Parma. Unexpected for me.

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

Yeah I wasn't happy about Jonjo Shelvey moving to Swansea, I'd of preferred that he went on loan. He's quite talented, but he wanted regular first team football and Liverpool couldn't offer that to him. But good luck to him :P

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

And old one:

Liverpool sign Caroll £35 mil :)

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

^Ok, let's try to keep it current alright?

Try this one on for size:

Nicolas Anelka has just had a medical and will sign for WEST BROM. ... I KNOW!

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

The aubameyang signing is not that surprising actually. It seems like a dortmund signing to me. Young, not very expensive, and good potential.
And Anelka is a premier league player. West Brom would suit him I think. It will be interesting to see if he can keep a starting spot there.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Apparently Southampton (yes, Southampton) are going to try and buy BOTH Leandro Damiao, and Ever Banega.

lolwut?

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

It really looks like the coming season is going to be one of the most competitive PL sesons' ever. EVERYONE is strengthening and so many maneuvers going on.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

NICOLAS ANELKA, cannot contain his excitement..

'

A Breadth of fresh air to see footballers who are still in love with the game.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

I have about that banega bid, both him and our president has declined, and our president has spoke of it as a shameful bid and pointed to his clause at 30 Milion Euro

they're being cocky, i think they're trying to send a message, nice that they are being put to place

Lodatz 11 years ago Edited

"Put in their place"?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

SO... apparently Anzhi has re-signed QPR's Chris Samba after selling him just 1 year ago.

Lodatz 11 years ago

^^Hahaha ;)

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

So happy for Anelka to be back in The EPL :)

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Alex: I couldn't put it better than this:
"His unrestrained joy and sheer delight at signing for the 23rd club of his career would soften the hardest of hearts. That smile … it’d light up the darkest of rooms. What a guy." - @arseblog

AlexBatak 11 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

What a great player and personality with a nice experience. he played for many big clubs. His desire now is to retire in England.