Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

World Football's Most Expensive Players (according to transfermarket.co.uk)
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140
  1. Robin van Persie - 45,000,000 Euros

1. Sergio Aguero - 45,000,000 Euros

1. Edinson Cavani - 45,000,000 Euros

1. Neymar - 50,000,000 Euros

1. Cesc Fabregas - 55,000,000 Euros

1. Radamel Falcao - 60,000,000 Euros

1. Wayne Rooney - 65,000,000 Euros

1. Andres Iniesta - 70,000,000 Euros

1. Cristiano Ronaldo - 100,000,000

1. Lionel Messi - 120,000,000

Comments
tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

@ WayneRooney

Actually Suarez is the top goal scorer, which is pretty mesmerizing after taking into consideration who plays for what team & and the amount of quality on each team..

Suarez > RVP. However none of you will realize this until Suarez moves to a big club (Liverpool is not a big club they are just a big name club).

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@tdot

First things first, Edinson Cavani is single-handedly dragging Napoli closer and closer to Juventus at the top, and he's pulled them to second place this season. He's scored 27 goals in 33 games, and is well on course to break his personal best of 33 goals in 47 games. His buyout clause is also 60 Mil, so I think he's fairly earned a spot here.

Now, for Ribery, I agree with you that he deserves to be on this list, but there's reasons for his absence. Ribery is turning 30 next month, and that's not a good sign. What is a good sign is that his football is still top class. He retains his position as one of the world's best, and probably the best player playing in Germany at the moment. But his age reduces his transfer value, and RVP on the other hand has only recently been bought, so his price is much more inflated and increased due to his goals scored this season.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@tdot 

And Messi 150???
I'd agree, but then Cristiano should be 120. And Iniesta 80. :P

tdot2barca 11 years ago

@ Dynastian

I agree about Cavani dragging his team closer to the top. But that is also because of the fact of AC Milan and Inter heavily declining. Do you really think that Napoli would have a CL spot if AC Milan and Inter were at their regular standard of playing?

I also agree why Ribery isn't on that list. I was just saying that he deserves to be because he's better than more than half of the people on that list.

& I agree with your prices :P

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

People tend to forget CR7 is almost 30, Messi is still at 25. The only way I would agree on that price for Neymar is if he moves to a bigger club and proves his worth. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@UHB

You are rounding their ages. Cristiano is born in 1985, and Leo in 1987. Only a two year gap. When CR7 is 30, Messi will be 28. Messi's birthday is in June, and Ronaldo's in February, so that's why he seems to be 3 years older for the latter half of the season.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@ tdot

Yeah. I remember the Inter Milan under Jose Mourinho, and the AC Milan with Ibra, Thiago Silva, an in-form Pato, Pirlo, and Robinho. They were beast. :)

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@tdot: I think there is another element to the RVP vs Suarez argument, too. RVP is the more complete player, even if Suarez is oozing with raw talent. You can see it in RVP's technique; calm, assured and accurate, as befits a player who has been doing this for years and years.

Suarez hasn't got that they, though he does have the confidence of youth. He's more electric than classy, if that makes sense? I agree that he won't be truly recognized until he moves to a bigger club, and I think it's the fact that he's at Liverpool which is the major component in why he doesn't have what RVP has. Suarez is often having to drag his team along, and create something out of nothing for them, so he's having to play as a constant bundle of energy. RVP, on the other hand, both at Arsenal and now at United, is the spearhead of a very accomplished, slick attacking unit, and is expected to finish the chances the rest of the team create for him.

If Suarez were playing as the central striker at, say, Bayern, or Man City, or Real Madrid, then he'd be given excellent service and could concentrate one being a cool, classy, never-miss type of player that RVP more closely embodies (his misses against Real notwithstanding :p).

Does that make any sense?

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

hasn't got that yet*

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

It explains the jump in amount of goals scored a season for certain strikers as well. Look at Mario Mandzukic. He scored 12 goals last season at Wolfsburg, but he has 18 already with Bayern. It's the difference in class and service. With Bayern, he gets more quality service, so he can focus more on finishing the chances rather than spend time creating them.

WayneRooney 11 years ago
Manchester United, Argentina 52 488

@tdot2barca i was referring to last season but you have a good point about Suarez, but don't forget that RVP has been a big role in keeping his team in the CL spot last season. Robin Van Persie is there when you need him the most, he can come through, but what about Suarez?

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Dynastian98  No mater what your price will drop when you near 30 especially wingers/strikers. You aint no spring chicken anymore lol.

JuvE19 11 years ago
Juventus, Iraq 4 385

Fabregas 55 millions? really? Even when he was at Arsenal he wasn't worth 55 millions

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ True! Somone like Robben or Ribery should be up there!

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

You forget that Fabregas is still only 25 (same age as Messi), and he is one of the best in his roles in the world at the moment. Although saying that will strike controversy, since there's so many brilliant play-makers out there (Iniesta, Xavi, Ozil, Kroos, Silva, etc.).

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Goalkeepers and defenders are very underrated... I believe if for some reason those top 5 played against the top 5 defenders and goalkeeper the outcome could be very surprising... RB/LB are the most difficult players to find these days for top class teams as it is the most demanding position. 

tdot2barca 11 years ago

@ Lodatz

In regards to the Suarez VS RVP argument, sure RVP's style looks more complete, but it doesn't mean he is more of a complete player. Suarez sets up so many chances for his teammates (that they don't finish) and sets up chances for himself too. He's a player who is able to make those surging runs with those crazy pannas. RVP rather tends to depend on crosses or a free shot to get a chance on goal, because he doesn't have a lot of pace on him. This is why I think you say RVP looks more classy, while Suarez looks more electric. It makes perfect sense, but it doesn't mean RVP is better.