Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Women's Football. Becoming a Convert.
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Has anyone been watching the Women's Football this Olympics? Well, I have and I must admit that it's been pretty freaking exciting.
Now before you roll your eyes and dismiss this thread as sarcasm or plain idiocy, hear me out. 
I'll confess that I only watched it because I needed a footy fix and am a sad sad man. But anyway I'm glad I did. Unlike the men's football, the women don't have under23 restriction and all of the best teams in the world play. It is taken as seriously as the World Cup because it is one of the few chances they get to shine.
Anyway, there have been some real quality goals. If you don't believe me look at some of the highlights.

But what drove me to open this thread is the last match between USA & Canada. WOW! That was quite a fucking spectacle. It was legitimately end-to-end stuff with some great goals & drama. If you haven't seen it I highly suggest you watch it. You can download right off google or watch the highlights at the very least.
Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else happened to watch the matches and what their thoughts were.

Comments
Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

Footaholic, The men don't have remedy, the only reason they will watch women's football is not because of their football skills... C'mon I see Hope Solo & Alex Morgan and I can't concentrate on the game :D

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Women's football has always been very good to watch but until this Olympics has not got the support from people it has deserved, also when you consider both GB teams are out and there were 60,000 at wembley yesterday for the game between France & Japan which is great.

The USA - Canada match last night was just fantastic, super match between 2 rivals, and when you consider Canada have only won 3 of 53 matches against the USA as well it certainly shows how much the Olympics can give you a boost, they were robbed by a dodgy penalty as well.

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

The match between Canada and USA (3-4 a.e.t.) truely was wonderful to watch. Lots of goals (even though the penalty where USA equalized to 3-3 was highly discussable), and USA's goal in the additional time in the 120th minute truely made it an unforgettable match. I have to say, I've got an agreement on your statement where you say women football have some great goals. They obviously deserve a big audience.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

I know that game was amazing! It reminded me a bit of the world cup 2010 final...

MatthewHerb 12 years ago
Liverpool, United States 5 72

That was good win from the USA. The women were awesome on and off the field if you know what I mean.

The_Iraqi_Maestro 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

the USA football team was more of a hookers team like alex morgan and some other american hookers.... usa is shit in almost everything they dont even have history they stole there own country thieves... usa = United States of the Assholes

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Well done on proving what an idiot you are again, what was it you said yesterday, you only troll when people don't respect you and troll you?...That isn't the case, your just a complete jackass, simple fact, like I said before, a ruined thread in footyroom = cr7_skillz involved in it, can't believe you haven't been banned yet after slagging off so many people and there nationalities.