Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Will Messi return for Argentina?
BOBBY123 8 years ago
Barcelona, Australia 5 275

Wondering what you think. will Messi stay to what he said about retiring, or later reverse his decision and return for Argentina.

I personally wouldn't be surprised if he did return

Comments
rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

I don't think so, he is only gonna make things worse if he take back his words. But I won't be surprised if he did, let's just wait until the dust settles and everything will be clear

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

He will if he thinks things improve enough. Another World Cup looms in his mind so if things gets better in the Federation, he will go back if wanted by the coach at the time.

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

I think it was just a heat of the moment decision and he will come back once he's cooled down.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think he just needs to get rid of the stress. We can't imagine the enormous amounts of pressure he needs to live with every day because of the huge expectations of him to deliver for his nation. He is expected to follow in the footsteps of Maradona and bring Argentina a World Cup or Copa America at the very least to be even considered a successful international player. I think he's made a good choice in admitting to a shortcoming in his career and focusing on club football instead. Regardless of the fact he never won a trophy with Argentina, he is still a legend for the national team.

SunFlash 8 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

This is a comment from here http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/06/27/messi-announces-argentina-retirement-im-done-national-team and I agree with all of it:

I tell you what I think will happen. Now Messi retires from Argentina NT. Other guys will come to the country (or continent) for every call-up from now on and will bust their asses in the qualifiers to earn a spot in the next WC. They will also play a lot of meaningless friendlies during the next 2 years just to earn a place as regulars in the team.

When the WC is coming Messi will announce he has decided to come back to the team, greeted euphorically like a prodigal son (because, being honest, do you guys imagine Argentina playing the WC and Messi at the age of 30 watching it on TV?). The other players who broke their backs during the "ugly" period will be upset (and rightly so) because Messi, who wasn't there during that ugly period, will use the fact that he is Messi to come back to the team just for the WC, the best part. To make matters worse he will be taking a spot that could have been awarded to one of the guys who helped Argentina qualify. That will seriously affect the chemistry in the locker room and Argentina will fail again, probably not even making it close to the final this time.

-Helmut Mann

And my personal favorite:

"why couldn't he have quit before the us game"

-Robert

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

This is a comment from here http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/06/27/messi-announces-argentina-retirement-im-done-national-team and I agree with all of it:

I tell you what I think will happen. Now Messi retires from Argentina NT. Other guys will come to the country (or continent) for every call-up from now on and will bust their asses in the qualifiers to earn a spot in the next WC. They will also play a lot of meaningless friendlies during the next 2 years just to earn a place as regulars in the team.

When the WC is coming Messi will announce he has decided to come back to the team, greeted euphorically like a prodigal son (because, being honest, do you guys imagine Argentina playing the WC and Messi at the age of 30 watching it on TV?). The other players who broke their backs during the "ugly" period will be upset (and rightly so) because Messi, who wasn't there during that ugly period, will use the fact that he is Messi to come back to the team just for the WC, the best part. To make matters worse he will be taking a spot that could have been awarded to one of the guys who helped Argentina qualify. That will seriously affect the chemistry in the locker room and Argentina will fail again, probably not even making it close to the final this time.

-Helmut Mann

BOBBY123 8 years ago
Barcelona, Australia 5 275

Agree with all of you, i do definately think he and everyone else needs to wait until he has some time to go over his decision and also wait until the dust settles to fully decide on his future with the national team.

Though one thing i would like to see is Messi and Dybala playing together for Argentina!