Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Will Casillas go to Arsenal and is it good idea by Wenger?
CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Casillas is probably leaving Real Madrid after all time spent in Spain, but question is where will he go?

Along with other clubs, Gunners' boss Arsene Wenger is a big fan of Spanish goalkeeping legend. It wouldn't be first time for Wenger to bring player from two of best teams in Spain. Examples are Mesut Ozil (Real Madrid) and Alexis Sanchez (Barcelona).

Because of goalkeeping problems at Arsenal, a class goalkeeper which already proved himself would be great investement.

There is one concerning problem about San Iker - his form. He isn't at his best, last games you could easily see he is not that confident like some years ago.

But there is no reason to buy Casillas without buying a class defender, like Maicon IMO.

As Spanish newspapers said, there is no problem for Ancelotti to leave Casillas, because he has good replacement in Costa Rica goalkeeper Keylor Navas, which already prove himself in World Cup.

Do you think Casillas will come to Arsenal? If not, in which club he will go?

Do you want any other goalkeeper? Do you want new defender in our club?

Comments
raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Casillas has been declining and he isnt what he used to be. Ospina has been great so far and really it would force either Ospina or Scezny (or however it is spelled) to leave. Plus imagine the huge wage that would have to be splashed on a 30+ keeper.

I think that kind of money would be better used improving other areas or bumping star's wages to keep them there.

Casillas should just head over to MLS or retire as a Madrid legend and one club player.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

No . That will be downgrade from Ospina who is very young and needs room for more improvement . Casillas would not like to bench bench .

I agree with @raimondos solution to Casillas career .

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

There are no goalkeeping problems at Arsenal since Szczesny is on the bench.

Jimbet 9 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

let ospina shine! he done well as our guardian. iker comes with a hefty wage right so no.

DrunkenMonkey 9 years ago
West Ham United, England 16 204

Couldn't imagine Iker going unless they get De Gea. Even so I think that it would be unfair to ospina to buy iker and put him straight in the team since ospina has done very little wrong right now.

Still think that Arsenal need a defender, not completely convinced that this Gabriel guy is what you need and I feel he done it to get fans and newspapers off his back for not getting cover for vermaulen. I think that if Arsenal are to buy a defender in the summer it needs to be someone who is experienced in the permier league like Jose Fonte who has had an amazing season with Southampton.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Iker to Arsenal isn't a good idea. Iker wouldn't want to be benched like he used to be with Madrid, and it would hurt development of other Arsenal keepers.

CroatiaFan123 9 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Agree with you guys.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@Raimondo Really well said there, agree on every single point. So basically nothing to add.