Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Why I think Real Madrid is better than barcelona
quintero_7bizzy 7 years ago
Manchester City, England 1 4

Success: Real Madrid have won 32 La Liga titles to Barcelona's 22 and 19 Copa del Rey crowns to Barcelona's 26. But it is in Europe's Holy Grail - UEFA Champions League where Los Blancos have made their reputation as Europe's most successful club, having won the trophy 10 times to Barca's 5. So in terms of success, the spoils go to Real.

Style of Play: Since the days of Johan Cruyff, Barcelona have maintained the possession-based brand of football and built their shrine upon their youth academy, La Masia. Almost every team has at least once tried to emulate their "tiki-taka" but no one has done it better than the Catalans. To add to this, most of their players are home-grown and are well acquainted with the type of football which is demanded. Also every time a player hangs his boots, a new shining talent from La Masia is ready to take his place.
Real, on the other hand, have a reputation of buying rather than making talents. Being one of the richest clubs in the world guarantees massive signings each season - sometimes, even unnecessarily. Over the years, Real did not settle for a particular style of play. The obsession for La Decima barely helped towards managerial consistency and frequent changes in Management meant changes in style of play. Jose Mourinho's counter-attacking philosophy was effective, yet sometimes it backfired. Under Ancelotti, Madrid finally seem to be playing "beautiful football" as the Madridistas wanted.

Head-to-head: In competitive games, Real Madrid edge out Barcelona 92-89. Yet based on these figures, one can barely conclude about one team being better or worse. Also, the last time El Clasico ended 0-0 was in 2002 -
which tells how attacking these teams are when it comes to facing each other. Both of them have managed to inflict thrashings on each other numerous times. But every time these two have met, they have produced a feast of football.

In a nutshell, both are great teams - both historically and presently. But personally I still think Real madrid is better as you can see they are 40 games unbeaten which is amazing.

What do you guys think?

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Welcome to Footyroom, you finally joined eh. I think at the moment, Real are better due to Zidane, but in recent years, I believe Barcelona are better. I made a similar thread about it, but oh well.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think you'd get much argument that Real was better in 2016-17. Overall? I'm not certain you know what you've gotten yourself into?

ramaboy10 7 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

In the last decade Barcelona has easily been better... the 2009-11 team is arguably one of the best football club teams in history.

Madrid has had a better year or two and I guess only time will tell who is better overall.

Also, the link you copied and pasted this from is over a year old so I doubt those head to head stats are accurate mate.

https://www.quora.com/Which-is-the-better-team-Real-Madrid-or-Barcelona-and-why

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Overall, Real is the better side in term of success, but that is because their era of greatness started before that of Barcelona. Also, Real won the CL 11 time, not 10 and Barca won la liga 24 time, not 22. But to be fair, both team are very good but I can't help thinking that Real must thank Zidane for their recent success. He entered a world that is getting more and more brutal with time (world of manager) and managed to motivate his team in such an impressive manner that they won the CL on his first try. Kinda hope he win more trophy with Real. :D

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

At the moment yes but nobody knows what will happen in the next month, right now real is better and after a few weeks barca might be better.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Football is ever changing and ever progressing.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@emo indeed! You can be the best for 1 year or 2 but never forever :p.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Exactly son, you got that right. ;)