Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Why do people expect Arsenal to challenge for the Title
liverpollfcangryfan 9 years ago
Liverpool 41 419

they haven't bought any players expect goalkeeper the only team i think will challenge is man united

Comments
tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Arsenal was, is and will always be a title contender. But, if only they work on the physical crap... And because of that they dont have the champ's mentality. They now switch to the CL's spot mentality... just like Liverpool. It's sad!

Ok, MU the last 3 seasons has been the same. Hopefully we will be back this year.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@descent

Honestly , don't care what his name spelled like , what matters is that you know who I am talking about .

Sure, one good spring makes him better than Matic LMAO do you read again before you write something ? Matic is established world class CDM with European Football pedigree f not the best CDM out there right now . If we give you Matic today , you would piss from happiness just like you did with Peter Cech and sit Conquelin back on the bench ...

Btw where was he during Monaco thrashing at Arsenal backyard ? He is good promising prospect but you must be very naive thinking that he will be enough to drive Arsenals midfield . Well, I hope Wenger is just as naive which unfortunately he has become despite all the admirations , I will still wish him to fail . He is managing rival club after all .

Salahadin 9 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

How can you compare Matic to conqi ? He is very good for his age but matic is a beast in his position.

Arsenal needs a Veira now if you want to win anything.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

"He (Coguelin) was better than Matic last season, period."

-No, he wasn't. In the 22 games Coguelin played for Arsenal last season he had less passes, less successful passes, 0 assist, half as many key passes, more than half as many chances created, in comparison to Matic who played 36! games for Chelsea.

On the subject of the thread, I think Arsenal very well might challenge for the title. They have a solid squad and Cech IS a player that can make a difference for them. At the same time Man C and Man U have strengthened their squads, while Chelsea only has signed a back-up striker in Falcao to Costa. My money is on that this will be a very even and competative season.

So... "At least Bundesliga fans are not in denial of being one horse race league ..." is BULLSHIT!

On another note, it will be very interesting to see the community shield between Arsenal and Chelsea on Sunday! I suppose Arsenal are favorites to win it this time due to injuries and an earlier pre-season. 2 teams that will compete about the title the upcoming season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

"He (Coguelin) was better than Matic last season, period."

-No, he wasn't. In the 22 games Coguelin played for Arsenal last season he had less passes, less succesfull passes, 0 assist, half as many key passes, more than half as many chances created, in comparison to Matic who played 36! games for Chelsea.

On the subject of the thread, I think Arsenal very well might challenge for the title. They have a solid squad and Cech IS a player that can make a difference for them. At the same time has Man C and Man U strentghened their squads while Chelsea only has signed a back-up striker in Falcao to Costa. My money is on that this will be a very even upcoming season.

So... "At least Bundesliga fans are not in denial of being one horse race league ..." is BULLSHIT!

On another note, it will be very interesting to see the community shield between Arsenal and Chelsea on sunday! I suppose Arsenal are favorites to win it this time due to injuries and an earlier pre-season. 2 teams that will compete about the title the upcoming season.

quikzyyy 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

Well, Coquelin played 22 games and Matic 36, it's kinda logically that he will have less passes. His passing wasn't that good, Matic is better in this. Coquelin is not a player who have to create so these stats are useless. But yea Matic is still better than Coquelin, who only played half of the season. I would rather compare these 2 after next season.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, Coquelin played 22 games and Matic 36, it's kinda logically that he will have less passes. His passing wasn't that good, Matic is better in this. Coquelin is not a play who have to create so these stats are useless. But yea Matic is still much better than Coquelin. I would compare these 2 after incoming season rather.

raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Coquelin stats: apps-27, tackles-3.1, interceptions-3.6, fouls-1.3, clears-2.6, blocks-0.4, Rating- 7.4
Matic stats: apps-36, tackles-3.6, interceptions-2, fouls-1.3, clears-3.3, blocks-0.2, Rating- 7.5

*stats from Whoscored, stats are average per game*

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@quickzyy The stats are per 90 so the amount of games played don't matter.

Matic was absolutely flawless last season and he neither is a player that "have to create" but if a player does so anyways it should be mentioned..

I'm not talking down on Coquelin here because he's really talented, but most people would say Matic is a more complete player thus I don't agree at all with "He was better than Matic last season, period.", Period.