Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Why aren't we surprised England are not in the Euros anymore?
rescue_secure 12 years ago
England 25 1357

Right, so England are back to where they belong and thats home. Ridiculous is the word i choose to describe their performance last night and i really wonder how many the germans would have scored had it been a semis against them. they were utterly awful! We are talking about the Rooneys the Gerrards the Coles, well literally Coles coz there were two of em, none of them came to the party! Withe the way they play i don't think England stand a chance of winning a major tournament in a long long time to come! reasons:-

1. Looked tired from minute 1, seemed like the rest they had was a little too less or a little too much that their bones got rusted in the wait.
  2. Team selection: Why the hell would you start Milner with the likes of Theo Walcott in your ranks despite knowing it was him who turned it around against the Swedes! Milner sucks! he simply hasn't got the game to play in a team! No wonder you find him on the bench more often than not for city! Forget starting him but playing him in itself was the biggest crime Roy committed. I was saying this from match one and Parker only runs around the field tackling and jumping around like a mad dog without a sense of purpose nor decision making!
  3. The much hyped Wayne Rooney wasn't sharp at all in both the games he played! I wonder where did the Rooney of United go? i guess he is till at United! England's man of the tournament Stevie G was the only one with some dedication to the game, other than him may be Glen johnson but none more, all of then were asleep!

Conclusion: "All England were doing was to go for individual brilliance rather than a collective team effort!" thats where the problem arises when you have a team full of Cash-rich freaks who prefer club over country!

Comments
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

It's two Ashleys not Coles. But just relax a bit. They had some key players missing and u can't expect two players to do everything for the team. They did well to keep it leveled even tho the possession was like 33% to 67% and shots were 9 to 35. they went out in penalties which is always 50/50. An english team got lucky to win the champions league like that but it didn't work this time. 

bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

I think England's midfield was lacking. I may sound crazy but I think Paul Scholes should have been there in the team. Rooney was playing deep in midfield for most of the match, perhaps the brilliance of Scholes could have allowed Rooney to play as a striker and Italy would not have bossed the midfield as they did. 

I knew from the day Hodgson was appointed as manager by the English FA that England were never gonna get far in the tournament. He included most of Liverpool's players, didn't bother including Rio Ferdinand in the squad, never used the pace of Alex Chamberlain and Walcott. I think the FA are soon gonna sack him and rue the decision of not appointing Harry Redknapp as manager.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

They weren't ridiculous, just Italy started well and probably they have much more experienced player than Engalnd. Also, I want you to understand that they had good organisation in defense. "Maybe" Hodgson did wrong subtitutes, maybe he should have let Oxlade-Chamberlain play. France did much worse than you, so don't be too angry.

rescue_secure 12 years ago
England 25 1357

@everyone: not angry just very disappointed!! every time its the same state of affairs! no change but il wil agree that they were better than wat they were in the WC and raimondo, thanx for the correctn :) dint realize!

The_Iraqi_Maestro 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Iraq 9 192

england is terrible... they have lots of midfielders who also defend and only 2 strikers... maybe they should play 4-3-3 in place of 4-4-2... rooney on the left... welbeck in the middle and walcott on the right...

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

To start with how can you call it ridiculous? Had it worked and England had won the shootout would anyone be moaning? course they wouldn't, simple matter is despite the way they performed they still didn't concede a goal against what is an improving Italian side.

They didn't look tired from minute 1 at all, apart from the first 3 minutes when Italy hit the post England played well for the first 30 minutes and had some very good chances themselves, second half Italy took control then England looked tired from all the chasing around, as does any team when they spend 45 minutes defending.

Criticizing Ashley Cole, why? He had an excellent tournament for us and never made a single mistake apart from missing a penalty which to some English fans automatically makes him shit. and why are you criticizing Parker, he did exactly what he is in the team for, holding the midfield, protecting the defence, making tackles and blocking shots and he does it better than anyone.

There is nothing wrong with Hodgson's appointment, he had 2 games before the tournament to get something set and he did what he was asked, which was to get the team to the QF, and despite all the people slagging him off he hasn't lost a game in normal time in 6 games and has kept 4 clean sheets. The only real criticism I have of Hodgson was why did he bring on Henderson instead of OX last night and the other subs he made.

Seems like the United fans commenting here don't really want to take a dig at there players who played, so I will, Ashley Young was terrible all tournament long, and how he lasted the entire 120 minutes last night was a joke, Milner had a terrible group stage but was playing far better than Young yesterday when he was taken off and it was a terrible sub.  Rooney, the so called English golden boy, I don't care if people want to use the excuse he was lacking match fitness, he was awful yet again at a major tournament, again how he lasted the 120 minutes I don't know, Welbeck was playing better than him when he got subbed as well but because it's Rooney you can't sub him.

Gerrard had an excellent tournament along with Hart and Cole, the defence is fine but until we can produce some good attacking talent who don't buckle under pressure getting out the group stages is all we will ever manage.

manchesterutI 12 years ago
Real Madrid, England 23 388

Jimbo, let me make your novel short. England sucks.

Played 2 hours in defense hoping that the opponents would miss all their chances and tried to mimic the moronic luck of Greece in 04 and Chelsea this season. Luck wasnt with them this time I guess, and there is no way on earth anyone can say England didn't deserve to lose as they were bad. Only the back 4 played good ,Parker( at a certain level) and gerard.

Shrek didn't do a crap vs Ukraine as well, and the hype that the media gave him made him fail ss Italy as well. Carrol cant score against crappy defenders in the BPL, and Hodgson thought he would score against Italians?
Plus who would let two players named Ashley to take penalties? gg wp at the pk selection.