Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who's better, Verrati or Coutinho ?
MESSI0 7 years ago
Barcelona, India 6 24

Verrati a controller, pace dictator or Coutinho, the destroyer with sudden speed burst and long range shooting. Who should Barca buy?

Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Coutinho's better than Thiago??? I disagree.

Thiago is at the same class with Modric and Kroos, CL's proven while Coutinho hasn't produced as much consistent level on the top flight competitions as Thiago.

He might very well be, but we are yet to see that

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Thiago is miles over Coutinho, either as CM/CAM. He was best midfielder in 2016/17 on par with Modric.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Coutinho is much better than Thiago, scores goals from left side right side, free kicks you name it on a good day he outshines Thiago and btw I watched Liverpool vs Bayern and Thiago couldn't make a decent pass...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Reports say Barcelona really wants Coutinho and are ready to pay 100 mil euros for him, nuff said right

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo Er... Something tell me you are a bit biased on this for some reason. But hey, your entitled to your opinion. However, Barcelona wanting Coutinho isn't proof he is better, they signed Andre Gomes last year and I can tell you a lot of Barca fan don't rate him. More seriously, they are not getting him at that price unless he himself request to move. Klopp clearly don't care for the money when it come to Coutinho. To be fair though, I think it would be great to see Coutinho at Barca however, even if I think he shouldn't be their priority.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo Yes I'm biased because so far I didn't see the guys like Verratti and Thiago doing goals like Coutinho, may be their roles that are different but that special spark that Coutinho has is more worth to me than the passing vision or chasing down ability of the other 2 players.
Barcelona might lose Neymar, they need another ace that can also score goals, it's super important, that's why offensive players are more expensive!

When Verratti and Thiago don't have the ball, they are often clueless and if you watched Bayern:Arsenal 0:3 (4) or last season Barcelona:PSG you know what I'm saying...

Croatian 7 years ago Edited

Because preseason reflects entire player's ability. In this match Hummels looked like van Buyten and Ryan Kent like CR7. And Coutinho's hailed longshots are most overrated thing on planet because he takes atleast three every match (because Klopp's instructions are to shot when they can't break defence). And €100m for Coutinho is another miss by Barca. And you don't use money to reflect player's ability.

Comparing Coutinho to Verratti/Thiago based on goals is wrong. If goals mean money Kroos, Iniesta, Modric etc would be worthless. Barca needs decent winger and Verratti rather than splashing half of money they have on Coutinho.

Thiago and Verratti clueless without the ball? LOL that's funniest thing I heard today. If you watched Thiago at Bayern whole season or Verratti at PSG rather than stating one game as example I'd actually wanna argue.

On side note Coutinho isn't even better than Isco and Eriksen. Btw Emo's right, you have pretty biased opinions.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Because preseason reflects entire player's ability. In this match Hummels looked like van Buyten and Ryan Kent like CR7. And Coutinho's hailed longshots are most overrated thing on planet because he takes atleast three every match (because Klopp's instructions are to shot when they can't break defence). And €100m for Coutinho is another miss by Barca. And you don't use money to reflect player's ability.

Comparing Coutinho to Verratti/Thiago based on goals is wrong. If goals mean money Kroos, Iniesta, Modric etc would be worthless. Barca needs decent winger and Verratti rather than splashing half of money they have on Coutinho.

On side note Coutinho isn't even better than Isco and Eriksen.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

OK so my opinion is biased but yours isn't?
That's funny to hear my friend because I can bet you that Coutinho can also pass the ball around just like Thiago but his role is more upfront, so talking about defensive tasks when comparing the players and in every chance ignoring how superior Coutinho is in front in comparison to both Verratti and Thiago is actually you being biased.

I just rate the qualities of Coutinho more important that of Thiago and Verratti, I know that all 3 are more than capable of passing the ball around, Thiago with defensive tasks is not impressive so obviously at least Coutinho in front can make a bigger difference, Verratti can chase the ball down so he is better in those tasks than Coutinho but I still rate the offensive qualities of Coutinho as more valuable.

So if everything that Coutinho does in offense is somehow overrated to you, how am I the biased one and you're not, you don't even give credits where it's due, just because Thiago and Verratti can pass the ball around it doesn't mean Coutinho can't do that job as well...

1. Coutinho's passing ability is on pair with both Verratti and Thiago look around.
  2. Coutinho offers more in attack compared to both Verratti and Thiago.
  3. Coutinho is not a defensive player but compared to what he does in offense it's doesn't override anything.

Check out in squawka;
Coutinho scored 13 goals and created 65 chances, average pass 84%
Verratti scored 3 goals created 40 chances with average 89% passing
Thiago scored 6 goals with 48 chances created and pass of 90%

Defensive actions in average Coutinho 1, Verratti 1, Thiago 5...So obviously Coutinho doesn't have much of a defensive role but he scores more goals and creates more chances, his passing ability is great and he obviously has a lower percentage because he actually doesn't do as many easy passes deep but creates real chances for goal.

I pick Coutinho if I was Barcelona and they are trying to get him now as reports say, his qualities in offense are just too much better compared to the other 2 players qualities in passing or defense, that's my opinion so you're more biased than me :D

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golazo Well, if they need to replace Neymar, then yes, Coutinho is more like him, so it would be better. However, I think they should consider leaving a chance to player like Deulofeu who know their system and put the money on repairing their midfield. Of course, knowing their director, they won't do that. :( Anyway, I'm sorry about throwing the word biased here, I shouldn't have. :(

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Really good CM's are hard to find; CAMs are dime a dozen. If I were Barcelona, I'd buy Verratti. I wished LVG brought him to MUTD 2 years ago...

MESSI0 7 years ago
Barcelona, India 6 24

@Golazo coutinho is certainly in the top 5 midfielder at present but i dont think he is worth 100m. Its better to buy hazard or dybala or who is going to play lwf?

MESSI0 7 years ago
Barcelona, India 6 24

@tuan_jinn liverpool isnt good, i am certain that you will change your opinion if coutinho plays at barca

MESSI0 7 years ago
Barcelona, India 6 24

@ashwin1729 i think verrati is need of the hour while coutinho can be brought in next year. But the bottom line is they are not selling anyone :p

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

Coutinho leaving would have a bigger impact on Liverpool than Veratti leaving would have on PSG...quite frankly!

Croatian 7 years ago

@Golazo, if you watched any bit of Thiago last year you wouldn't drop random stats that go in Thiago's favor after all. Thiago with defensive tasks is not impressive? Do I need to say more?

You obviously haven't watched Thiago last year, maybe one or two games in CL. Thiago helps our defence massively, his stats aren't far worse than for example Kante's (even including that Kante is CDM while Thiago is offensive minded). You don't rate who is more valuable, you rate who is better. Coutinho isn't better passer than Thiago. Coutinho isn't even far better dribbler than Thiago. Coutinho is winger and you're using chances created to compare him with Thiago. Thiago does job defensively. Thiago intercepts as much as Kante, even more. Thiago proved himself in CL, Coutinho still didn't.

Also using stats is poor way to say 'I never watched Thiago'. If I didn't mention that in past five comments I would understood you writing that, but you always drop meaningless stats by which you also think Otamendi is best CB in Europe or that Guardado is on level of best CDMs. And if you think that Thiago isn't chance creator you're again biased. He is CM and still contributes as much to offense as Coutinho does. Just because he drops deeper and plays deeper than Coutinho doesn't mean he is worse player because following that logic insists that Modric is average and Kroos even worse.