Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who should really have won the Puskas award?
Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Bring whatever you like to the table, but surely we can all agree that this one was better than all 3 of the finalists?

Comments
Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

The Stoch goal is still the best in my opinion.

Vendetta 11 years ago

By the way, hilarious profile picture! Who is that guy?

Tacuachillo 11 years ago
Barcelona, Mexico 8 242

That is Carlos Valderrama. Colombian international.

PuppetMaster 11 years ago
England 15 331

you know what lodatz some people actually think that messi goal shouldnt be in top 10 nominee lol. it was fantastic goal but i think cisse or crouch should be the real winner but apparently fifa snubbed that crazy goal

Lodatz 11 years ago

Hey, people will all think different things. For me, it's just the perfect goal, and even more so considering the stage. But hey, mileage will vary. :) I just look at Falcao's, and while classy, it's not as out of the ordinary. I could find you similar efforts by Rooney that smack it out of the park, but were never considered Puskas Award material. I think Stoch's is the best of the named three, but, is trumped by the collective skill required to do what Messi did. 

And Neymar's isn't even goal of the month, for any month in 2012. :p

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

This goal is nowhere near the three others that were nominated.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Ibrah

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Of course it should have won the Puskas award.

Keisuke 11 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

This goal is ugly next to Demba Cissé's goal against Chelsea!

Lodatz 11 years ago

It also looks intentional, next to Cisse's goal against Chelsea. ;)

Hehe, I have to say, if Cisse had scored this one, there's no doubt in my mind it would have been shortlisted. But, because it's Messi, and because we're so used to him being exceptional...

Seriously, watch it again, and mentally substitute Messi for any player in the world, and envision them scoring it. I reckon it'll suddenly look a lot more phenomenal.

(yes, I'm a Messi fan-boi, and I can't help it)

Vendetta 11 years ago

But that's the point. You know when Messi makes a run like this, there is a high chance he will score. It's Messi for gods sake. It has become an common thing to see of Messi score from amazing runs like that.

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

if Falcao's goal would have been in a regular season match then it would have been chosen as the best goal

Lodatz 11 years ago

@Vendetta: it's true, we have. But we're used to a deft little chip, or a perfectly weighted cross shot into the corner. This time, he belts it from 25 yards out, out of nothing, and curls it into the top corner with the type of exquisite accuracy that most players would need a free-kick to pull off... :D

Bah. I can see I'm in the minority, but, I have made my case!