Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who should be Chelsea's new Captain?
Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Our three centre-backs Gary Cahill, David Luiz and Cesar Azpilicueta, along with Cesc Fabregas seem to be the front runners, but Hazard has done it for Belgium as well.

I'd really like Azpi to have it for all that he has done and is for the club. He loves the club, there's no doubt about that having rejected big moves to Barca and Real in the past, he did the job as captain against Spurs last FA Cup semi-final and for me is the first name on the team sheet, and the guy you want on the field for every minute.

Obviously, Cahill looked like the natural successor last year, but Luiz, Eden and Cesc have that leadership too.

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Eden17 Imo, I think Hazard is a passionate guys and make every sentiment stronger, for exemple, if he is in a good set of mind he will perform way better however, if he is having problem with his manager, injury, etc... I think he is the kind of player who can become inconsistent. Anyway, I feel he doesn't have the good mentality to be a captain imo, but it might be for the best, as his personality and disposition can propably uplift team spirit in a different effect a captain could. Beside, at only 26, he is a bit young to be captain of a team. :)

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@SunFlash: Are you implying that Fabregas lacks character? Why so?
I'm pretty sure that all players are willing to follow Fabregas, and he's also widely appreciated among Chelsea fans. What I said earlier about him staying quiet and working hard last season after dropping out of the starting XI initially, is literally the definiton of "sacrificing himself for the team". Care to elaborate your opinion further?

@Marcus: Just because he played for 2 clubs Chelsea fans particularly dislike, doesn't mean that he is "disloyal".

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@SunFlash: Are you implying that Fabregas lacks character? Why so?
I'm pretty sure that all players are willing to follow Fabregas, and he's also widely appreciated among Chelsea fans. What I said earlier about him staying quiet and working hard last season after dropping out of the starting XI initially, is literally the definiton of "sacrificing himself for the team". Care to elaborate your opinion further?

Uhh...ok. I feel like this is one of those "if you have to ask you'll never know" kind of things, but I'll do my best.

Fabregas betrayed a former club that he was a captain of pretty hard, so that's a start. His lack of effort in games is well-documented, I remember there was a stretch of games he played where he ran less than any other player on the pitch despite playing in a position that should be averaging the most. When he was not afforded appropriate minutes at Barca, his so-called "dream club" that he'd screwed Arsenal over to go to, he left that dream club as well.

Even last season, when you state that he was staying quiet and working hard, he said to the media after a game where he didn't feature that he wasn't sure if his future was at Chelsea. That doesn't sound like staying quiet to me, even though he did stay.

It's kind of a minefield of red flags, and one that doesn't seem anywhere near worth it especially when you have a player like Cahill you could give the armband instead.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Cahill FTW.

But Ilike how chelsea8 thinks

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Thanks tuan, great thinkers think alike :D

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Eden17 Nice, congrats man. Happy to hear Cesar has been named vice-captain as well. Chelsea is doing it right. ;)