Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who is your Premier League manager of the year?
Marcus2011 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Jose Mourinho, RONALD KOEMAN , SEAN DYCHE .

Imo Ronald Koeman deserves the award because I thought Sotos would struggle this year to hold on to EPL not to mention even to challenge for top 4 . Incredible season and should be great candidate if he makes close top 4 without falling to far from away from it .

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Jose Mourinho, RONALD KOEMAN , SEAN DYCHE .

Imo Ronald Koeman deserves the award because I thought Sotos would struggle this year and never thought they would challenge for top 4 . Incredible season and should be great candidate if he makes close top 4 without falling to far from away from it .

Comments
chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@tuan jin

when a team has good defense they call it park the bus lol.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I dont generalize all of his games, of course his team(s) can play great football too and sometimes it's reasonable to defend deep. what I tried to point out was there are certainly games that "park the bus" is the only good description and standout point for his tactic.

@tuan

Key word is that these are not statements or facts but my opinion that he is the greatest out of all .

Yes he is also greatest football entertainer .

Here is example something one of the special things he does . When Sir Alex Ferguson was angry on the sideline arguing with referee about Nani's red card during Real vs United match instead of making quick changes , Mourinho quickly changed his mind to bring Benzema and brought on Modric who changed the game completely . and this is just one of the many examples why he is special in his tactics . You need to pay more attention to his matches .

Bus parking trend existed before him . He utilizes it better than anyone can or ever have or ever will . Name another manager who can use any tactic he wishes just as good as Jose ? He picks the tactics that have less risk of suffering defeat . That to me is winner , not glory fallen hero . History is written by the victors , not by loosers .

You mention bus tactics but check Porto , Inter , Real Madrid records and Chelsea's this year in terms of goals , possession and etc . Check the records that Chelsea have set in EPL history under his reign . He uses different tactics , but PEOPLE LOVE TO REMEMBER THE ONE THAT CAN SHOW HIM IN NEGATIVE LIGHT . LOL we could care less , because we think that tactics are amazing too .

Again check his records and history . There are many footballers and managers who backs him as one . Every league he went . Just to win EL , CL with Porto at such young age deserves huge recognition . Plus to knock out Sir Alex's powerhouse United on the way to the final ...

Then come to EPL and boss the league which was dominated by Arsenal and United . Then take Inter who has not won CL in 50 years and to win going past one of the greatest football sides in history , Barcelona, with 10 men in second leg . Then come to Spain and win La Liga against one of the greatest sides with record points and goals thus ending Barcelona dominance not just domestically . With such a short period he had to shift many things in Madrid and had to play defensive in first two games and then slowly reforming Madrid into very well organized side that went into dominating mode . In very short period . I bet that is why Guardiola left !! Because he knew that Jose will now humiliate him match after match . Who takes one year break in yearly years of career when job offers come from every top side in the world and to leave team when they need him most ? Throw any manager there during Barca's dominance they would not have survived a season .

You can all disagree . This is exactly how people thought of Muhammad Ali . And now one all the sports celebrities , media and boxing fans recognize him as greatest of all time and amazing entertainer .

Just sit back guys and enjoy Chelsea will be dominating EPL under his management . And he will win another few CL titles . It is all matter of time .

• History

@tuan

Key word is that these are not statements or facts but my opinion that he is the greatest out of all .

Here example something one of the special things he does . When Sir Alex Ferguson was angry on the sideline arguing with referee about Nani's red card during Real vs United match instead of making quick changes , Mourinho quickly changed his mind to bring Benzema and brought on Modric who changed the game completely . and this is just one of the many examples why he is special in his tactics . You need to pay more attention to his matches .

Bus parking trend existed before him . He utilizes than better than anyone can or ever have . Name another manager who can use any tactic he wishes just as good as Jose ? He picks the tactics that have less risk of suffering defeat . That to me is winner , not glory fallen hero . History is written by the victors , not by loosers .

Again check his records and history . There are many footballers and managers who backs him as one . Every league he went . Just to win EL , CL with Porto at such young age deserves huge recognition . Plus to knock out Sir Alex's powerhouse United on the way to the final ...

Then come to EPL and boss the league which was dominated by Arsenal and United . Then take Inter who has not won CL in 50 years and to win going past one of the greatest football sides in history , Barcelona, with 10 men in second leg . Then come to Spain and win La Liga against one of the greatest sides with record points and goals thus ending Barcelona dominance not just domestically . With such a short period he had to shift many things in Madrid and had to play defensive in first two games and then slowly reforming Madrid into very well organized side went into dominating mode . In very short period . I bet that is why Guardiola left !! Because he knew that Jose will now humiliate him match after match . Who take one year break in yearly years of career when job offers come from every top side in the world and to leave team when they need him most . Throw any manager there during Barca's dominance they would not have survived a season .

You can all disagree . This is exactly how people thought of Muhammad Ali . And now one all the sports celebrities , media and boxing fans recognize him as greatest of all time and amazing entertainer .

Just sit back guys and enjoy Chelsea will be dominating EPL under his management . And he will win another few CL titles . It is all matter of time .

@tuan

Here example something one of the special things he does . When Sir Alex Ferguson was angry on the sideline arguing with referee about Nani's red card during Real vs United match instead of making quick changes , Mourinho quickly changed his mind to bring Benzema and brought on Modric who changed the game completely . and this is just one of the many examples why he is special in his tactics . You need to pay more attention to his matches .

Bus parking trend existed before him . He utilizes than better than anyone can or ever have . Name another manager who can use any tactic he wishes just as good as Jose ? He picks the tactics that have less risk of suffering defeat . That to me is winner , not glory fallen hero . History is written by the victors , not by loosers .

You mention bus tactics but check Chelsea's records this year in terms of goals , possession and etc . Check the records that Chelsea have set in EPL history under his reign .

Then come to EPL and boss the league which was dominated by Arsenal and United . Then take Inter who has not won CL in 50 years and to win going past one of the greatest football sides in history , Barcelona, with 10 men in second leg . Then come to Spain and win La Liga against one of the greatest sides with record points and goals thus ending Barcelona dominance not just domestically . With such a short period he had to shift many things in Madrid and had to play defensive in first two games and then slowly reforming Madrid into very well organized side went into dominating mode . In very short period . I bet that is why Guardiola left !! Because he knew that Jose will now humiliate him match after match . Who take one year break in yearly years of career when job offers come from every top side in the world and to leave team when they need him most . Throw any manager there during Barca's dominance they would not have survived a season .

@tuan

You mention bus tactics but check Chelsea's records this year in terms of goals , possession and etc . Check the records that Chelsea have set in EPL history under his reign . He uses different tactics , but PEOPLE LOVE TO REMEMBER THE ONE THAT CAN SHOW HIM IN NEGATIVE LIGHT . LOL we could care less , because we think that tactics are amazing too .

@tuan

You mention bus tactics but check Chelsea's , Porto , Inter , Real Madrid records this year in terms of goals , possession and etc . Check the records that Chelsea have set in EPL history under his reign . He uses different tactics , but PEOPLE LOVE TO REMEMBER THE ONE THAT CAN SHOW HIM IN NEGATIVE LIGHT . LOL we could care less , because we think that tactics are amazing too .

@tuan

Here is example something one of the special things he does . When Sir Alex Ferguson was angry on the sideline arguing with referee about Nani's red card during Real vs United match instead of making quick changes , Mourinho quickly changed his mind to bring Benzema and brought on Modric who changed the game completely . and this is just one of the many examples why he is special in his tactics . You need to pay more attention to his matches .

You mention bus tactics but check Chelsea's , Porto , Inter , Real Madrid records this year in terms of goals , possession and etc . Check the records that Chelsea have set in EPL history under his reign . He uses different tactics , but PEOPLE LOVE TO REMEMBER THE ONE THAT CAN SHOW HIM IN NEGATIVE LIGHT . LOL we could care less , because we think that tactics are amazing too .

Marcus2011 9 years ago

@quikzyy

Let's be real Arenal has a fantastic squad . City has fantastic squad , United has fantastic squad ( except for few hick up in defense ) , Liverpool as well , Spurs , but Chelsea is the one at the top of the league . You making silly excuses , just see your squad . I am sure if Jose managed any of those sides , he would have won EPL especially with Manchester City . City has the most mature squad , players are in their best years . They won together and they played together for a while now . THey should have been challenging Chelsea more .

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Mourinho is without a doubt one of the greatest managers ever, he is similar to Ronaldo as a player, they judge his mask. Mourinho is one smartass muthafucka! Remember when Ibra got a red card because all the chelsea players surrounded the ref?

I for one loved the idea, they didn't brake the law, but simply outsmarted them. They may got kicked out, however I keep wondering what does mou think about everyday? Parking the bus isnt boring, it made barcelona from unbeatable to beatable. I remember when barca was dominating every team, until mou came to madrid, his first year may be embarrassing with a 5-0 loss, but came back with a bang! The copa del ray defeating barcaelona.

The following year He won la liga with a record of 112 points plus defeating barcelona on their own backyard. He gave hope to many teams that winning is possible! Look at Celtic. fuckin celtic defeats barca 2-1 with only 20% possesion. In football winning is everything, I understand that it maybe unlikable for the eye, but understandable for football minds.

Mourinho doesnt even destroy players, he just create new ones, he made diego lopez on of the best goalkeepers now, He made Calejon and Morata to world class strikers, he made varane to be one of the greatest defenders in the world, dont close your mind when it comes to football, but embrace the wisdom of all the great coaches on earth, if I were chelsea facing bayren, barca or Real, man ill park the bus to win, not to play nicely for you to enjoy, its not Fifa, its their Job.

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@rayrex7 spot on mate!

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Arsenal squad is far from fantastic, but we're getting better (IMO). Liverpool wasn't your contender since Suarez left. United neither. City lost the challenge when they most important player left to African Cup. They are 50% without him.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Just like to say that if Mourinho managed Southampton, he would've done better than Koeman....

@quikzy

Whose fault is that ? Did not City buy Fernando to tackle the issue of Yaya Toure absence ? However, still City slipped .

Arsenal has squad that can compete for EPL so once more you there are no excuses. Squad is full of world class players , but again Wenger is the one who should be responsible for it not happening . Arsenal spent more than Chelsea past transfer .

Liverpool sold Suarez and more than half of the buys they made did not improve the squad. Whose fault is it ? Yes , brendan Rogers . Also his start to a season was awful again it took him few months to change tactics and get the team going on track .

United made big transfers in transfer window . Yet , again fell short of quality in defense . Nonethless , team has the quality to compete . Blame it on injuries or whatever . Management is Van Gaals duty and Van Gaal is at fault for whatever goal United won't meet this year .

Jose obviously made best transfer decisions, applied best tactics and team was romping under his management from the start . Only thing that worried me , it is lack of rotation ( we only used 22 players whole season ) . However, Chelsea is at the top of the table and I am fine . Hopefully we will finish strong and win .

• History

@quikzy

Whose fault is that ? Did not City buy Fernando to tackle the issue of Yaya Toure absence ? However, still City slipped .

Arsenal has squad that can compete for EPL so need to throw excuses that you not there yet , but again Wenger is the one who should be responsible for it not happening . Arsenal spent more than Chelsea past transfer .

Liverpool sold Suarez and more than half of the buys they made did not improve the squad. Whose fault is it ? Yes , brendan Rogers . Also his start to a season was awful again it took him few months to change tactics and get the team going on track .

United made big transfers in transfer window . Yet , again fell short of quality in defense . Nonethless , team has the quality to compete . Blame it on injuries or whatever . Management is Van Gaals duty and Van Gaal is at fault for whatever goal United won't meet this year .

Jose obviously made best transfer decisions, applied best tactics and team was romping under his management from the start . Only thing that worried me , it is lack of rotation ( we only used 22 players whole season ) . However, Chelsea is at the top of the table and I am fine . Hopefully we will finish strong and win .

rayrex7 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Last year Crystal palace vs Liverpool could teach most fans that parking the bus, isn't a bad idea

Going 0-3 up and then the last 10 minutes conceded 3 goals, the game the cost Liverpool the EPL. I hope you all understand that karma strikes, and it strikes so hard that you will feel agony like shit

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I dont like this way of painting things, it just had to be all black or all white, its neither balck netheir white...

Why Guardiola left : 4 years of demanding the impossible to its players, for the same reason why Mourinho left, he lost the dressing room by rude coaching approach.

Rayrex, the record is 100 pts not 112 pts, the maximum points are 117 pts, no team has ever reached 105pts, let alone 112pts.

Marcus, he wasnt scared from Mou, Barça won the league the year after Pep quit with ill Tito Vilanova (RIP) playing 2nd half of the season without a coach, and Mou at this period lost control on his dressing room by dividing it in 2 groups...

Pep quit Barça for the same reason Mou quit Madrid few months later, they were abondoned by their dressing rooms, these coaches favourise results on relationships and got big issues with main players of their teams...

He didnt stopped Barça dominance, he won 3 trophies out of 12 available with Madrid, Barça won more than the double, but he built as you said a BIG team able to reach semi-final every year automatically in CL.

Mou has qualities but also has some negative, never prooved anything in the long term, he is a great short term coach just like Pep but the way their handle their team and relationship/result management is effective in short term, but no longer works in the long term specially with the same players...

( Only my opinion )
Mou strenght :

• Short term success.
  • Reading the game during the match.
  • Building solid squads.
  • Signing the right players for what he wants in his team.
  • contaminating his team with his fighting spirit and winning mentaliy.
  • Making right substitutions.

Mou Weaknesses :

• Results over relationships.
  • Bad looser. ( at times )
  • Closing games against weaker opposition while doing the break is easier than defending a short lead.
  • Lunatic person, defend his players at times, trash talk them other times.
  • Didnt succeeded in the only long term try at Madrid because he didnt wanted to leave before loosing his dressing room.
  • Too strict on big games at the point of not letting enough freedom to his main players, you always think they are able of doing much better at the end of the game.
  • Ref mind games.

Some may not be weaknesses for some thats only my opinion, Mou is a top class coach but far from being an angel or painted as someone with 0 weaknesses, but his qualities makes him one of the best as a whole.

I personally prefer coahes who give full freedom to their players to make the show and get overconfidence who leads into achievements, tactical awarness is good and paid at times but it has also failed many times in Mou case.

PL coach of the year ? Mourinho. Only one contending to this trophy anyway, '' with the team he has ? '' He built most of it, sharpness in signings and getting right players for applying Mou philosophy of the game is one of his best strenghts...

So if other teams sign wrong players, its mainly their fault, a credit should be given to him for his signing abilities, not discredit.

• History

I dont like this way of painting things, it just had to be all black or all white, its neither balck netheir white...

Why Guardiola left : 4 years of demanding the impossible to its players, for the same reason why Mourinho left, he lost the dressing room by rude coaching approach.

Rayrex, the record is 100 pts not 112 pts, the maximum points are 117 pts, no team has ever reached 105pts, let alone 112pts.

Marcus, he wasnt scared from Mou, Barça won the league the year after Pep quit with ill Tito Vilanova (RIP) playing 2nd half of the season without a coach, and Mou at this period lost control on his dressing room by dividing it in 2 groups...

Pep quit Barça for the same reason Mou quit Madrid few months later, they were abondoned by their dressing rooms, these coaches favourise results on relationships and got big issues with main players of their teams...

He didnt stopped Barça dominance, he won 3 trophies out of 12 available with Madrid, Barça won more than the double, but he built as you said a BIG team able to reach semi-final every year automatically in CL.

Mou has qualities but also has some negative, never prooved anything in the long term, he is a great short term coach just like Pep but the way their handle their team and relationship/result management is effective in short term, but no longer works in the long term specially with the same players...

( Only my opinion )
Mou strenght :

• Short term success.
  • Reading the game during the match.
  • Building solid squads.
  • Signing the right players for what he wants in his team.
  • contaminating his team with his fighting spirit and winning mentaliy.
  • Making right substitutions.

Mou Weaknesses :

• Results over relationships.
  • Bad looser. ( at times )
  • Closing games against weaker opposition while doing the break is easier than defending a short lead.
  • Lunatic person, defend his players at times, trash talk them other times.
  • Didnt succeeded in the only long term try at Madrid because he didnt wanted to leave before loosing his dressing room.
  • Too strict on big games at the point of not letting enough freedom to his main players, you always think they are able of doing much better.
  • Ref mind games.

Some may not be weaknesses for some thats only my opinion, Mou is a top class coach but far from being an angel or painted as someone with 0 weaknesses, but his qualities makes him one of the best as a whole.

I personally prefer coahes who give full freedom to their players to make the show and get overconfidence who leads into achievements, tactical awarness is good and paid at times but it has also failed many times in Mou case.

PL coach of the year ? Mourinho. Only one contending to this trophy anyway, '' with the team he has ? '' He built most of it, sharpness in signings and getting right players for applying Mou philosophy of the game is one of his best strenghts...

So if other teams sign wrong players, its mainly their fault, a credit should be given to him for his signing abilities, not discredit.

JuanMata10 9 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

It's hard to disagree with @tiki here. Summed everything up perfectly..

Billemohamed 9 years ago
Barcelona, Somalia 0 18

Absoulutely Koeman because he did Southmton is Dangerous Team