The top 6 in the EPL generally being regarded as:

Man City
Man United
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool

Not necessarily in that order.

I've been thinking about who is the best team outside the Top 6 in the EPL? Making them the 7th team ;)

In one line vote your answer and why. I will start it off :

Should be: Newcastle - One club city. Sticking with: Everton. 9 titles always a raucous atmosphere.

Candidates:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

The top 6 in the EPL generally being regarded as:

Man City
Man United
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool

Not necessarily in that order.

I've been thinking about who is the best team outside the Top 6 in the EPL? Making them the 7th team ;)

In one line vote your answer and why. I will start it off :

Should be: Newcastle - One club city. Sticking with: Everton. 9 titles always a raucous atmosphere.

Comments
the_bald_genius 5 years ago Edited
10 1583

of course 50 million is a limited resources, bournemouth isn't planning on surviving for just 1 season, it's a long term plan.
and you're giving serie a profits when topic is epl facepalm. still insisting 50 million = infinity facepalm. this isn't about who spends more or less, this is about suriviving in epl sunshine. if 50 mil isn't a limit, then what is cpt comma?

• History

of course 50 million is a limited resources, bournemouth isn't planning on surviving for just 1 season, it's a long term plan.
and you're giving serie a spendings in epl facepalm. still insisting 50 million = infinity facepalm. this isn't about who spends more or less, this is about suriviving in epl sunshine. if 50 mil isn't a limit, then what is cpt comma?

milanlamiavita 5 years ago Edited
Bustese Milano City, Italy 4 3418

Palace, Soton, Burnley and Newcastle have all survived for more than one season - all have spent less than Bournemouth. Brighton survived their first season and so did Huddersfield - both have spent much much less on average over 4 transfer windows.

We've already covered teams in the premier league. We already ascertained that you're talking a pile of dung regarding resources. We already ascertained that whilst not doing any better than their company in the same league. Bournemouth have spent much more. Atalanta given as a brilliant example of a team of very very similar size, making money, generating immense profit through player sales, qualifying for Europe and beating bigger teams than Bournemouth. A great example of limited resources being used in a really constructive way - not conceding 61 goals in 38 games.

If none of this still isn't getting through your head, either I'm corresponding with a 10 year old, or you're very very dim.

• History

Palace, Soton, Burnley and Newcastle have all survived for more than one season - all have spent less than Bournemouth. Brighton survived their first season and so did Huddersfield - both have spent much much less on average over 4 transfer windows.

We've already covered teams in the premier league. We already ascertained that you're talking a pile of dung regarding resources. We already ascertained that whilst not doing any better than their company in the same league. Bournemouth have spent much more. Atalanta given as a brilliant example of a team of very very similar size, making money, generating immense profit through player sales, qualifying for Europe and beating bigger teams than Bournemouth. A great example of limited resources being used in a really constructive way - not conceding 61 goals in 38 games.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@milanlamiavita: true that. and nice stat

I have to say, in EPL, 50 mil. is a small number and it is ridiculous, everything is overrated, overhyped and overpaid.

Although, it's the most competitive and wow-atmostphere too.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

but palace, soton, burnley and newcastle have different needs to bournemouth, again baseless. eddie howe's football is not the same with the other 4 teams. atalanta is playing in serie a different condition and situation to epl, you're talking nonsense again. still insisting that 50 mil isn't a limit, I don't even know if you're smarter than a 5th grader.

milanlamiavita 5 years ago Edited

I'm just going to leave this here.

You're mentally challenged. There are teams who are making profit over the same period, and you're still arguing. Be a child and blind. Not my problem.

Bournemouth:
17/18 12th £-34m
16/17 9th £-15m
15/16 16th £-54m

(2018/19 current net spend £-31m)

Burnley:
17/18 7th £+13m
16/17 16th £-39m

(2018/19 current net spend £-29m)

Southampton:
17/18 17th £+28m
16/17 8th £+15m
15/16 6th £-7m

(2018/19 current net spend £-45m)

• History

I'm just going to leave this here.

You're mentally challenged.

Bournemouth:
17/18 12th £-34m
16/17 9th £-15m
15/16 16th £-54m

(2018/19 current net spend £-31m)

Burnley:
17/18 7th £+13m
16/17 16th £-39m

(2018/19 current net spend £-29m)

Southampton:
17/18 17th £+28m
16/17 8th £+15m
15/16 6th £-7m

(2018/19 current net spend £-45m)

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

Guys no personal attack please, or all of the stuffs you have been typing (which both are nice) will go out the air.

milanlamiavita 5 years ago

@tuan_jinn.

Sorry, fella. That will be my last post here.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago
10 1583

so what if that's the net spend, still doesn't justify why 50 million is unlimited budget lol. again, you still think that bournemouth, burnley, palace, southampton should have the same net spend just because all are trying to survive epl, but the flaw with your argument is these team aren't the same squad, each sector whether defence or offence have different and separate issues before adding manager's tactics into the complexity. so even if southampton spend more than bournemouth, I wouldn't call them overspending, because maybe there need changes in their squad. so I don't understand why you question a 50 mil budget in a premier league environment. say again 50 mil isn't a limit, maybe mental arithmetic isn't for you.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

@Milanlamiavita

Like hailing Eddie Howe as the next best thing since sliced bread, despite his team conceding 61 goals last season

Eddie Howe was voted manager of the decade.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley That was mostly for bringing Bournermouth up 3 division in something like 5 years though, which is an incredibly feat but doesn't mean he will perform at the top level sadly. I do think despite spending money, Bournermouth squad is not as good as some of their rival, Everton, Leicester and even Wolverhampton got more individual quality than them imo. Personally, I think talking about money when comparing squad is irrevelant because depending on how the team does their transfer, they can get a superb for very little or an average player for a lot more than what he is worth. This tend to happen a lot more often with PL team, especially since other teams know they are wealthy thanks to the tv right.

amir_keal 5 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

milanlamiavita

Did you just say he's had 'limited resources'? LOL. Bournemouth spent just over 50 million euro this summer transfer window. In 2017-18, they spent over 20 million just on Nathan Ake. Transfer window before that, they spent another 50 million euro. 55 million euro the transfer window before that.

He did have limited resources. It's not the money he's referring to. The fact his side is the 6th best country despite having spend the least in the top 13 (After Watford)

They finished 12th, not spent that much compared to the rivals that they are competing with. It's limited resources then. Arsenal don't spent shit, but they still spend more than half of the sides in the PL and you could tell me we spend a lot. Fact is, Arsenal does not care about what Palace, Newcastle and Cardiff spend, because they are not competing with these sides. Same with Bournemouth, I feel that are trying to compete with Leicester/Everton/Watford, and the fact that they are higher than them with limited resources makes it a good achievement.

Juventus has always been rebuilding and spending a lot of money, but they reached the CL twice in 4 seasons, again with limited resources. They have done a lot in terms of rebuilding, but they don't have the same resources as the likes of Real Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern/PSG/City.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

That was mostly for bringing Bournermouth up 3 division in something like 5 years though

Yeah. Only stating the facts though when mamiavita brings up an old cliche and starts speaking nonce. On that budget I think howe came from league two? Hasn't been relegated so its worth getting the history right.

Also, Emo there was a good shout for Wolves being included in the poll. I was speaking to an uncle where I work and he reckons Wolves were the dominant team of the late 50/60's. So I'd add them to the poll but I can't edit it as its been moderated. (T.J)

Also another coloumn for Other for teams i may have missed please. There are other teams I might have missed.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago

We can't edit pool any way :(

_Gonzi_ 5 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

WATFORD obviously (past couple of years)

• History

WATFORD obviously

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

On paper Everton looks more worthy of 7th place.

_Gonzi_ 5 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

on paper, sure everton spent money. on the field watford look like they know what they're doing, nice fluid play.

Forester 5 years ago
Fiorentina, Finland 0 139

Leicester! I dont care what others say!