Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who are the favourites for the World Cup 2022
Yusuf_10 2 years ago Edited
Manchester City, England 16 73

For me It's Brazil their squad is looking its strongest then it has been in the last decade, with two world-class goalies, and a top-class attack. This World Cup is looking like their best chance

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

For me It's Brazil their squad is looking its strongest then it has been in the last decade, two world class goalies, and a top-class attack this world cup is looking like their best chance

Comments
Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Yusuf Yeah, its too bad about Saudi Arabia, just like we should have propably done better against Belgium, they should have propably deserved a better results out of the Poland game, but they really gotta focus on their great win against Argentina. This victory and everything around it should go down in the history of Saudi Arabia national team.

Tuanis 1 year ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

So many things I said in this thread are 100% gonna come back to bite me lol. Very tempted to bury the thread out of existence...

Let's go England! I guess?

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Tuanis I dunno, lots of what you said also made sense, at least at the time. Germany its just hard to see it coming. They could have still qualified in that last game but Spain let them down in the end. Credit to Japan though, if only they know how to take pens.

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Brazil looked so good today. I hope that was not their peak!

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty Considering Neymar was just back from injury, I'd say propably not. Heck, they might even have treated that game against South Korea as training. They definetly didn't look all that serious in the second half at least. I mean, the manager even bothered making substitute to make sure every player had played once in the world cup. This Brazil team really got something great going on, thats for sure.

kirsi16 1 year ago
Sao Paulo, Brazil 2 96

They definetly didn't look all that serious in the second half at least. I mean, the manager even bothered making substitute to make sure every player had played once in the world cup.

First time I've seen a manager substitute a goalie without being injury or card, it was strange to say the least.
Militao correctly subbed down to preserve him from gaining another card.
Danilo also just back from injury and correctly subbed down in 2nd half.
Martinelli deserves more minutes and he is getting it.
Neymar certainly not 100% but he wanted to stay on the pitch, he says he did not feel pain, so the injury is fine for now.
Raphinha says he is anxious for his goal, and that might be a concern. Yeah, typically in a high scoring game you want your strikers to get their score on that sheet, especially when you have a team like how Brazil is doing right now, distributing its goals to different people. Boosts confidence by a lot. Raphinha is being great, creating exceptional chances and all, but that anxiousness he says might cost him a split second and the goal the team might need. I think that's essencially what was going on Gabriel Jesus' head when he plays for Brazil.

All in all, Tite is being better than I imagined.

kirsi16 1 year ago
Sao Paulo, Brazil 2 96

Credit to Japan though, if only they know how to take pens.

Credit to Japan for their CONTINUOUS development of their team.
Just some years ago they are still just punching bags.
Then they are more and more probable of going through the group stage.
Last time they lost to Belgium only because they conceded a late goal for an error.
This time they went through all the match until they reached penalty. I think this is their first, no?
Fatigue and experience cost them.
I have no doubt they will come back stronger next time. They are not exactly always underdogs anymore.

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

Credit to Japan for their CONTINUOUS development of their team.

True, they certainly have continuously improved in recent world cups. There is still progress to be made pherhap but they certainly got a strong team which can potentially rival a lot of other big side. Will also say, I think they are a bit unlucky with the results against Croatia.

Tuanis 1 year ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I honestly think CONMEBOL teams are a bit overrated. I don't think Brazil or Argentina can take it, not even a chance

I should be banned for such a bad take lol

Emobot7 1 year ago
538 11432

@Tuanis Don't be too hard on yourself, there were quite a few people who didn't understand why there so much hype around Argentina and Brazil before the World Cup and honestly, seeing some of their performance in the group stage, I was even tempted to say those peoples weren't all wrong. Guess Argentina proved all of us wrong. XD

DarthFooty 1 year ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

You can never count either Brazil or Argentina out. Look at their histories! I was not as sold on Arg this year, but I am just an armchair, keyboard champion, so what do I know. haha

I have been a huge fan of Brazil since the later 70s, so I watch them closer than most euro teams. Yes, it has been a bit since they won their 5th title, but I think it's safe to say, never sleep on those two teams. :P

SunFlash 1 year ago
USA 19 3260

@Tuanis

Part of saying anything not remotely mainstream is the risk of being wrong. Most are so scared of that risk they just toe the line, regardless of what they really think.

If you read this thread back, most people either parroted easy takes or gave themselves outs (like my prediction of Croatia being bounced in the group stage being tempered by my ignorance of their players). Props for actually having an opinion.

MarkBowen 9 months ago
Australia 0 6

France

davinamartin 9 months ago
Australia 0 4

Sorry I can't say anything about it right now because I think all the players are playing at a high level right now.