Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which team are more like in favour for the world cup
Mp3marv 6 years ago
Manchester United, Nigeria 2 2

Since the world cup is about to begin which team is in good position to perform well. Not minding the past history.

You know teams like Germany, Spain, French, England Et.c. came out with hot young players that are aggressive to take the trophy.

What is your view...

Comments
iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I like to see Russia doing well in the World Cup. Playing in your turf is drastically different than playing in another country. I can see them pulling a dark horse throughout this tournament, despite recent results.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11426

Favorite: Germany, Spain, French, Brazil
Outsider: Portugal, Belgium, Argentina, England
Team that could potentially suprise us: Croatia, Poland, Colombia, Sweden, Mexico, Uruguay, Senegal, Nigeria

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Favorite: Germany, Spain, French, Brazil
Outsider: Portugal, Belgium, Argentina, England
Team that could potentially suprise us: Croatia, Poland, Colombia, Sweden, Mexico, Uruguay, Senegal

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Still confused why England is rated as an outsider lol. Don't let the conceited British media fool you. I'd say Croatia has a better chance of reaching the quarters than England.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

If anything at all, it actually feels like the English media bash their players more than support them nowadays. Literally i feel the only people that overrate them are the guys involved in football themselves, like pundits, ex players... Journalists, article writers seem to attack players and the team when they get the chance. Sterling recently had a tattoo, resembling something personal, but the press bashed him for it,

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Still confused why England is rated as an outsider lol.

Because on paper we have one of the strongest teams who are not called Spain, Brazil, France or Germany.

Don't let the conceited British media fool you.

Don't let this lazy narrative get in the way of your football analysis. The British media slaughter our players on a regular basis. It's only on certain internet forums where people think English players are over-rated.

Across the actual football world? English players are highly respected. Here's what Chiellini said about Kane:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/giorgio-chiellini-harry-kane-on-same-level-as-messi-ronaldo/7i1rq6jadxqe1tn1u1nyzb3gu

• History

Don't let your lazy narrative get in the way of your football analysis. The British media slaughter our players on a regular basis. It's only on internet forums where people think English players are over-rated.

Don't let your lazy narrative get in the way of your football analysis. The British media slaughter our players on a regular basis. It's only on internet forums where people think English players are over-rated.

Across the actual football world? ENglish players are highly respected. Here's what Chiellini said about Kane:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/giorgio-chiellini-harry-kane-on-same-level-as-messi-ronaldo/7i1rq6jadxqe1tn1u1nyzb3gu

Don't let your lazy narrative get in the way of your football analysis. The British media slaughter our players on a regular basis. It's only on certain internet forums where people think English players are over-rated.

Across the actual football world? ENglish players are highly respected. Here's what Chiellini said about Kane:

Don't let your lazy narrative get in the way of your football analysis. The British media slaughter our players on a regular basis. It's only on certain internet forums where people think English players are over-rated.

Across the actual football world? English players are highly respected. Here's what Chiellini said about Kane:

Don't let this lazy narrative get in the way of your football analysis. The British media slaughter our players on a regular basis. It's only on certain internet forums where people think English players are over-rated.

538 11426

@Lodatz Fact is, you need experience at that level and I feel like this England team lack it (international experience). They are still very strong individually but until they get a really great manager and till the player learn to play like a team, I think its gonna be very hard for them to win against other big team.

• History

@Lodatz Fact is, you need experience at level and I feel like this England team lack it. They are still very strong individually but until they get a really great manager and till the player learn to play like a team, I think its gonna be very hard for them to win against other big team.

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Emo: Well of course. That's why they're not a favorite in any way. But the team is pretty young, also. From what we gather Southgate has been taking pointers from Pochettino and Guardiola on how to get the best from them, so we'll have to wait and see.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I'm usually optimist, but saying Croatia leaves me more and more disappointed after every major tournament.

2012: draw with Italy, well-balanced game against Spain which we deserved to win but we in the end go out as 3rd in the group, we put up a fair fight against best and second best team in the tournament
2014: another tough group against Brazil, Cameroon and Mexico, tough opener with some high-profile referee mistakes, then we beat 4-0 Cameroon, and Mexico wins after some hope we had
2016: we play great football, deserved to win all 9 points, beated Spain, went head-to-head against Portugal and lost after 120 minutes of most pointless football game I ever saw, against eventual winners
2018: in group with Argentina as favorites and all other three teams as underdogs, most likely we will pass 2nd (anything other than passing the group would be considered disgrace), and if that happens we most likely are going against France

This just puts into perspective how tough WC is, especially when this has been probably most talented generation of our players ever.

My underdog is Senegal.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Surprised no even mentioned Peru. They've been pretty great and now they have Guerrero back in the starting 11. Could make it out the group for sure. I don't think they'll win the WC but I'm sure they will surprise a few much like Costa Rica did last WC.

I'm curious to see how Iceland perform especially after their great Euros. Hopefully not at our expense.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I mentioned Peru as well, but my comment isn’t there for some reason.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Lodatz Agreed, wouldn't mind seeing Southgate surprising us all. :)

@amir_keal @Raimondo Even if they got Guerrero is back, it will be very complicated for Peru. They haven't played in a World Cup since 82 and have very little european experience in their rank. Farfan will propably be an helpfull player for them since he is used to play in Russia by now. Still not convinced at all by them. Will see how they do in group stage before speaking too much though.

@Croatian Really hope Croatia get past the group stage, it would be neat.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago Edited
10 1583

favorites: brazil, germany, france, spain
this is captain obvious

unpredictable: england, argentina, belgium
on a good sunny day not in stoke, these team can beat anybody. but again, no everyday is good day.

the unknown / darkhorse: peru, morocco, egypt
the opponents have no much data hence doesn't know what to really expect.

the most solid national team for the past 8 years = uruguay.
never really surpass expectation, but never under perform either.

• History

favorites: brazil, germany, france, spain
this is captain obvious

unpredictable: england, argentina, belgium
on a good sunny day not in stoke, these team can beat anybody.

the unknown / darkhorse: peru, morocco, egypt
the opponents have no much data hence doesn't know what to really expect.

the most solid national team for the past 8 years = uruguay.
never really surpass expectation, but never under perform either.

mattman 6 years ago
Chelsea, Ireland 0 9

Hoping the Iceland produce same form as in Euro's that would be fantastic for such a small nation

538 11426

@baldgenius Portugal dislike your analysis.

@mattman Do you mean in World Cup? Cause if I remember correctly, Ireland failed to qualify... :(

• History

@baldgenius Portugal dislike your analysis.

@mattman Do you mean in World Cup? Cause unless I missed something big, Ireland failed to qualify... :(

Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

You say English players are well respected but the only example you can muster up is Harry Kane, who is arguably the only world-class Brit in the world. And on paper, your team is pretty mediocre.

If we are to go by recent tournaments, England will once again prove to be absolutely nothing. I could be wrong, but I doubt anything major will change just because Harry Kane is in the lineup. The midfield and defense are visibly sub-par, and Kane has next to no support.

• History

@Lodatz

You say English players are well respected but the only example you can muster up is Harry Kane, who is arguably the only world-class Brit in the world. And on paper, your team is pretty mediocre.

If we are to go by recent results, England will once again prove to be absolutely nothing. I could be wrong, but I doubt anything major will change just because Harry Kane is in the lineup. The midfield and defense are visibly sub-par, and Kane has next to no support.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Just want to add my 5 cent here, compared to how it was back then, the media hasn't been so aggressive towards the English squad in recent memories.

However, that's not to say that their team is mediocre. I actually think Southgate might get something out of this youthful bunch, and the only expectation I, alongside most other spectators, have is England leaving a stronger impression than their abysmal performance in the Euros.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Agree with Dynast I would put Walker as second trustable player, jokers like Alli or Sterling depend on their mood may flop dramatically or have the game of their lives... for all this looking how England group is easy I think group stage « Should «  should be a formality then facing a 2nd of a group likely to be a 70-30 I think quarter final will be the best England could pretend and at the same time the minimum they should reach...

Rooting for France 🇫🇷, French ? Is not a country guys 😜
Argentina for the 🐐, and Belgium 🇧🇪 our dear neighbors. Spain 🇪🇸 doesn’t need my support I wish to see them out with Brazil to higher other nations chances...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@baldgenius I did mention Portugal earlier though, they were part of my 4 outsider. :P

@dynast Well, in their situation, I think its much better for the English NT to be considered the underdog, ohter teams will take them less seriously and that might give them more chance. Like iHEARTfootball, if they leave a better impression than last world cup or euro, its already a victory for them. :)

MichealClark 6 years ago
Arsenal, New Zealand 7 28

I love Germany
but want Messi to lift the world cup