Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Which Premier League club will go the farthest in the CL?
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607
Comments
nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

I honestly think we can do quite well at this. Firstly we have great squad depth which is very important for CL. Secondly we have Mourinho as manager and he knows how to perform in Europe. Also his defensive strategies are definitely your best chance against the giants of Europe that have superior quality. You have to play very tactically against teams that are better than you and Mourinho is very good at tactical play.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Gave Chelsea a good thought, but Conte's UCL history isn't a pretty one. He managed a record equal to Moyes/Van Gaal over three years with Juventus and their three years with United, which doesn't excite me. That being said, of all the English clubs in it this year, it's tough to think of a club other than Chelsea that has a higher ceiling.

Pep, Pep, Pep. City have the stuff, and with their Monaco additions + Pelligrini vets they even have semi-final veterans. They probably have the shot to finish highest in my mind.

Liverpool is too streaky to bet on. Murder Hoffenhiem. Get annihilated by City. The most likely team to flame out imo.

Spurs have been, to put it mildly, a waste of English space in UCL recently. With their group this season, I'm not optimistic that they make it into the knockout rounds. I will say this though, if they manage to get through that adversity, I'd be surprised if they didn't make a run.

United I have a hard time predicting. The group doesn't appear difficult, so assuming knockout rounds is the least I can do I suppose. Jose always takes his European competitions very seriously though, often at the expense of his league campaign. That makes me more comfortable assuming a best case scenario.

If I had to make a choice, I'd go: City, United/Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs (Tottenham being the bottom for their group alone, which I suspect they'll be able to get out of, but they'll actually have to work for it, unlike the other sides here)

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Hahahahaha 57 percent votes for United! Kill me now! Glad Spurs have 0 though.

I choose City because of Pep magic, and England sucking in general.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Spurs have been, to put it mildly, a waste of English space in UCL recently.

That moment when an irritatingly dumb narrative is based upon on one single season. You know, just like when United went out at the group stage the last time you were there (coming 3rd to Wolfsburg and PSV, too, not a marauding Monaco featuring half a dozen of the world's (suddenly) most coveted young players).

Did you know that Spurs are also incapable of winning at Wembley, and that Kane is one-dimensional? It's amazing the things you can learn on the internet... ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

That moment when someone peddles an irritatingly dumb narrative based upon on one single season.

That moment when an irritatingly dumb narrative is based upon on one single season.

That moment when an irritatingly dumb narrative is based upon on one single season.

Did you know that we're also incapable of winning at Wembley, and that Kane is one-dimensional? It's amazing the things you can learn on the internet. ;)

That moment when an irritatingly dumb narrative is based upon on one single season. You know, just like when United went out at the group stage the last time you were there (coming 3rd to Wolfsburg and PSV, too, not a marauding Monaco featuring half a dozen of the world's most coveted players).

Did you know that Spurs are also incapable of winning at Wembley, and that Kane is one-dimensional? It's amazing the things you can learn on the internet... ;)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I think Man United, but Im a bit bias here.

Otherwise Man City, due to Pep mostly (although their strikers kinda weak)

Spur looks fresh and Kane starts to score again, but too lack of experience in CL might cost them at crucial time

F6330QE 7 years ago
PSMS, Indonesia 1 48

Still believe in Manchester City

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Assuming they all faced equally difficult opposition (which is impossible)...

• I see United and Chelsea as making it the farthest...
  • Followed by Spurs, who are better than people give them credit for...
  • Followed by City, who tend to conceded idiotic goals...
  • And finally Liverpool, who I think are complete trash. Maybe not complete trash, but I see them as being a notch below the other four English clubs.
Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I think Man City has what it takes with the new players that make their defense stable, while they got a good transition and experience so as long as key players like Fernandinho and De Bruyne are fit they can go far.

Chelsea IMO still lacks some experience as a whole squad and Man Utd is all in with Mourunho's football that these days won't work vs the best teams.
Spurs look good but the season is long so things need to fall in their place so that they go far and by far I'm honestly talking about their chances to go to quarter or semis.

Liverpool doesn't have the defense, simple as that.

But who knows maybe we see once again a Premier League Finals, it's possible given that Juve,Barcelona,Bayern,Real Madrid got weaker.

• History

I think Man City has what it takes with the new players that makes their defense stable while they got a good transition and experience so as long as key players like Fernandinho and De Bruyne are fit they can go far.

Chelsea IMO still lacks some experience as a whole squad and Man Utd is all in with Mourunho's football that these days won't work vs the best teams.

But who knows maybe we see once again a Premier League Finals, it's possible given that Juve,Barcelona,Bayern,Real Madrid got weaker.

I think Man City has what it takes with the new players that make their defense stable, while they got a good transition and experience so as long as key players like Fernandinho and De Bruyne are fit they can go far.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Golazo +1

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Lodatz

While I understand your frustration, the point is true regardless. United has a different manager, different style, and about half the starting 11 is different. Spurs are essentially the exact same team with more experience and the odd addition such as Aurier, but even that is at the expense of Walker.

Getting a win at home against Dortmund was a fantastic start, and with Dortmund's vast amount of injuries shouldn't even really be a question. That being said, it's pretty tough to deny that they have the most difficult group, so you can no doubt understand my reasoning.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'd go for United going furthest and Liverpool being eliminated first.

F6330QE 7 years ago
PSMS, Indonesia 1 48

@Golazo111 For this moment I agree with your opinion. So, just let see would happen next....

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Gone for Spurs because I'm a savage now. ;D

But more seriously, they were convincing against BVB at Wembley so who know, maybe they really will go far this season. :D

• History

Gone for Spurs because I'm a savage now. ;D

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

originally based on the competition in the groups I was expecting tottenham to get knocked out first but based on performance so far I think it is more likely going o be Liverpool that drop out first although i think all the English clubs will qualify from group stages

chelsea8 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I really liked how tottenham was playing, very organized and very effective going forward!
Teams who have an easy group will struggle in the knock out stages.

• History

Chelsea, tottenham, and city will go to the quarter finals, chelsea and city will make the semi final!

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Chelsea8 Well, there alway a possibility of them not having the good intensity or of them getting complacent but team in harder group have to deal with tougher fixture, wich could take a toll on the player in the long run, could be especially true for side who cannot afford to rotate their starting team much.

• History

@Chelsea8 Well, there alway a possibility of them not having the good intensity or of them getting complacent but team in harder group have to deal with tougher fixture, wich could take a toll on the player in the long run, could be especially true for player who cannot afford to rotate their starting team much.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Depends on the draws honestly. None of the English teams need what it takes to beat Real Madrid or PSG. But City or Chelsea can try something against the other top guns. But I think English teams will see quarters at most if they don't meet eachother. From what I know you can't draw someone from your country in Rof16 but you can at Quarter Finals. This could be a chance.
Edit: But I think all of them will get past the Group Stage.

• History

Depends on the draws honestly. None of the English teams need what it takes to beat Real Madrid or PSG. But City or Chelsea can try something against the other top guns. But I think English teams will see quarters at most if they don't meet eachother. From what I know you can't draw someone from your country in Rof16 but you can at Quarter Finals. This could be a chance.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Right, it depends on the draws. You can end up on first place (likely for United and City) and then be paired up against Bayern/PSG or Barcelona/Juventus, or even Real Madrid that finished second last season.
But, from the get go the favorites to get farther are Chelsea, Man U, and City.

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

No one sleep on Liverpool though. I know they're not that good defensively but if Leicester reached the furtherest last year I don't see why Liverpool or anyone else can't.

• History

No one sleep on Liverpool though. I know they're not that good defensively but if Leicester reached the furtherest last year I don't see why Liverpool or anyone else can't. Even United has a chance.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

They can get eachother as well, if not in the first round chances are in the second there will be a big game maybe even a local derby like United vs City...Whoever gets PSG is going to have a really hard time, PSG is very hungry for the CL title.