Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What Transfers Are Going To Be The Golden Ones?
20ROBINVANPERSIE 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

So what transfers in the bpl or other leagues do you that a newly transferred players will shine in the up coming season?

Being a United fan i honestly hope and strongly think Memphis Depay will become great , even though i doudt he would be playing every game i think the games he will play he will be very important but also crucial in our future.Also another United player for me would be Darmain , his ability in defense so far is looking good and will hopefully evolve and get better during his years at United.

What do you think?

Comments
Dynastian98 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

It's very difficult to guess how successful a transfer may be. If you think about it, every transfer is a gamble. A gamble that can either go well or poorly. There's always a possibility that the player, no matter how good, will not be able to cope with the change. Whether it's a change in language, country, culture, playing style, team mates, etc. Just look at Torres to Chelsea. Say all you like about, "Oh, we should've seen that coming. He wasn't doing that well in L'pool in his last season", but the truth is that no one expected Torres to perform as atrociously as he did. No one.

You can say the same about ADM at United as well. Due to a multitude of expected, and unexpected, factors, ADM did not perform to the level he is capable of. You can blame ADM, you can blame LVG, you can blame the burglar, but all in all it's difficult to pinpoint a true reason as to why the ADM gamble didn't work out in the dream manner it was expected to be. Extremely similar, and equally peculiar, situation happened with Bale in his second season. The drop in the level of quality was astounding.

That's why it's really hard to predict how well a transfer might turn out. Depay may flop and be sold the next season, or he may go on to knock 30+ goals for United in one of the coming seasons. You never know with transfers, they're too humane to be predictable.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

It's very difficult to guess how successful a transfer may be. If you think about it, every transfer is a gamble. A gamble that can either go well or poorly. There's always a possibility that the player, no matter how good, will not be able to cope with the change. Whether it's a change in language, country, culture, playing style, team mates, etc. Just look at Torres to Chelsea. Say all you like about, "Oh, we should've seen that coming. He wasn't doing that well in L'pool in his last season", but the truth is that no one expected Torres to perform as atrociously as he did. No one.

You can say the same about ADM at United as well. Due to a multitude of expected, and unexpected, factors, ADM did not perform to the level he is capable of. You can blame ADM, you can blame LVG, you can blame the burglar, but all in all it's difficult to pinpoint a true reason as to why the ADM gamble didn't work out in the dream manner it was expected to be. Extremely similar, and equally peculiar, situation happened with Bale in his second season. The drop in the level of quality was astounding.

That's why it's really hard to predict how well a transfer might turn out. Depay may flop and be sold the next season, and he may go on to knock 30+ goals for United in one of the coming seasons. You never know with transfers, they're too humane to be predictable.

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

To be honest, I don't really care how a new transfer performs in their first season, as it usually doesn't have a huge impact on their overall stay. Obviously, I like it when they turn out for United, but most of our best players had very shaky first seasons here.

That being said:
Depay is young and brilliant, he'll only get better. Darmain looks like he could be a cog in the D for the next five years minimum. I'm not sold on our new central mids yet. I don't really like what I've seen out of Schneiderlin so far, but who knows. Romero has made me care far less about the De Gea situation.

Other big transfers:

Falcao cannot make it in England. I don't care if its for ManU or Chelsea, he's been awful.

Costa in Bayern I fully expect to be one of the best players in the world very shortly.

Sterling will do well for City, but never become as good a player as his potential suggests.

Benteke will either be awful or really good, either way he won't be at Liverpool in three years time.

Vidal will get injured, so nothing changes at Bayern. He'll be good when he plays.

Di Maria will probably have fun in the French League, but he'll never again be as good as he was at Madrid.

Cech will be solid for Arsenal. I have no reason to suspect otherwise, and goalies last forever.

Firmino...I have no idea, I'm not familiar with the player.

I hope Shaqiri does really well for Stoke.

Jackson Martinez will likely do well for Athletico, no big money strikers they bring in these day do not.

Turan...well getting into Barcelona's 11 would be a good start, wouldn't it.

Danilo...is ANY outside back in the world worth over 30 mil? He'll do ok, but he won't justify that tag

Negeredo is worth 22 mil? I must be worth at least 2 then.

Carlos Bacca will not do well. The Italian league is rough on players of his physical statue.

I'm bound to be right on at least one of those.

ramaboy10 9 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Martial has proven himself :)

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

Here's a funny little video that relates to this topic: