Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What the hell? Why do you all think RM will win?
Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Why does everybody think Madrid will win the second tie? Madrid couldn't win on their own turf. Manchester don't even need to attack. You know what that means? counter attacking football from minute 1. Imagine fresh legged Nani/Valencia/Rooney/Welbeck running at the RM defense. I am sick of all these people just assuming Madrid will win. The fact is, there is probably a 60% chance United will go through. Can you please tell me what makes everyone think Madrid will win?

Comments
raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

The fact that if Ronaldo is on top form it's hard to stop him. United were lucky to keep it at a 1-1 draw and if they defend from the first minute then they are doomed to lose. No one is assuming, it's al predictions and people have their own biased and reasons. I personally think it'll be a 2-2 draw. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Zakzook

Is there a problem with us Real fans hoping that we win? We root for our club to win, no matter which pitch we play on, and we have faith that Real can pull this one through. If it was the other way around, United tying against Madrid at Old Trafford, wouldn't you be terrified at the thought of Ronaldo/di Maria/Benzema/Ozil counter attacking? If I were a United fan, I'd still place my bets on United winning at the Bernabeu, no matter how impossible it seems.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think Zakzook is just wondering why most people seem to think Madrid will take it.

Personally, I think he makes a good point; Man Utd have already gotten the result they wanted; as things stand right now, they go through. They've been scarily good at counter-attacking, this season, and to be honest Real Madrid were lucky to only concede one goal; RVP missed a (for him) sitter, and there was another move which they should have scored. Real had most of the possession, and United let them have it, soaking up their pressure.

So, in that regard, folks saying that United were lucky to keep it at 1-1 are forgetting that works both ways. I'm not going to call it, as I think it's a very precarious situation, but, Man U have shown they're more than capable of containing most of these superstars, and with the home advantage, I think they're the favorites.

I think so much of it, honestly, comes down to the myth that has been created about Real Madrid being as good as Barcelona, when the truth is they just haven't been.

Good post, Zakzook.

20ROBINVANPERSIE 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 26 349

i know it pisses me off but it will be funny if we win

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

@Dynastian Of course you can hope, like I hoped Arsenal would win against Bayern. However, everyone who is half mentioning Manunited winning on any not manunited pro page ( even neutral pages) gets  a vote of -8 like it's something impossible; it's like RM are leading 5-0 from the first tie.

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

@ raimondo Manchester where NOT lucky to keep a draw. I think you would have agreed if you watched the match. Lopez saved 2 RVP chances and RVP missed 1 big chance. Manchester were just a bit luckier than RM; it's nowhere near Chelsea last year.

Lodatz 11 years ago

Also, Chelsea weren't lucky last year.

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Yes they did defend very well Lodatz, but you have to admit they had a bit of luck. A penalty block in both semi and final. The schwini penalty hit the side bar.

shpalman 11 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

In my opinion MU could have had better chances to go thru' even if they would have lost 1-0 in the 1st leg. They have even greater advantage now,due to many factors: psychological,environmental,team's hunger to win a title.
To me MU are absolutely the favourites,even if i don't really love 'em.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

You only talk about the chances of ManU, Madird had so many more. That post in the early minutes, Di Maria Ronaldo Higuain and Ozil were all over United. De Gea had a good game. I think it could have ended 4-2 for Madrid. 

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Correction, only Di Maria was all over Madrid. You sure you watch the game? Ozil was helpless and couldn't make plays. They took long shots most of the time. De Gea sure had a good game. Most of Madrid's plays were from the flanks by Di Maria going through players and crossing. They couldn't penetrate from the middle.

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

All over United*

AjaxDeSuperYids 11 years ago
Ajax, Netherlands 24 507

Madrid will win the CL imo. it is written fior mou once more. hey zakzook we need your feyenoord to beat psv on sunday! i want a rocking kuip for once. make sure pelle scores in the correct goal this time ;)

SoccerBoss 11 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

@Zakzook why do you think that Arsenal is going to win?

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

You never know. Last time Madrid was at Old Trafford the Brasilian legend Ronaldo scored a hat trick, maybe the Portuguese hero Ronaldo can do the same? 

Don't count on Madrid not scoring, they had a bad game at home, and Ronaldo will be hungry to perform in front of his old fans.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@tdot: Don't forget that United won that game 4-3, only losing the tie because of Real winning 3-1 at home. This time it's 1-1. 

If United win the game, even by one goal, they go through, so, it's really a case of trying to out-score a Real Madrid that have lost 8 games away this season, with the most prolific attack force in the Premier League.

I fancy their chances, to tell you the truth.

@Zakzook: Only one penalty hit the post, the rest were all saved by Cech. That's what having a world-class goalkeeper can do for you. 

expertfootball11 11 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I would be pissed if we lose, 2 consecutive semi-finals then this...

Zakzook 11 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

@ soccerboss I don't think we will win, I hope we will win ( notice the difference) because I am an Arsenal fan. However, it seems like fans of every other club other than Manu and some loyal English supporters think Real Madrid will have an easy 3-0 or 4-0 win. It isn't even half logical.