Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

West ham sign andy carrol for 2m+year loan
JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

West Ham United have agreed a £2m loan fee with Liverpool for Andy Carroll.

The deal for the England striker is with a view to a permanent transfer of £17m, providing West Ham United stay in the Premier League.

However, it is thought Carroll does not wish to leave Liverpool on a permanent basis.

The Reds turned down a bid from Newcastle to re-sign the player, having bought him from the Magpies for a club record fee of £35m in January 2011.

The England international, who scored one goal for his country at Euro 2012, has struggled since his big-money move.

And with former Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers now in charge at Anfield, Carroll became surplus to requirements after the signing of Italian striker Fabio Borini from Roma.

Despite Rodgers stating they would not consider a loan move for the player, the Northern Irishman has allowed Carroll, 23, to link-up with former Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce at Upton Park.

Alan Pardew had suggested the Reds would need to accept a significant loss on the Gateshead man, and the club look like doing just that, providing the Hammers do not get relegated back to the Championship. 

Source: <http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19056545>

Comments
raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

17mil? I hardly consider him worth 8mil. Papis Cisse was worth 9mil. 

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

^^true..   BTW have you heard about Ever Banega burning up his Ferrari

JesperKyd 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 15 152

That's the thing with british players nowadays they cost too much and even wenger hardly buy's british which i can understand.

but i agree with raimondo90 on carroll being 8m if newcastle were to sell cisse he'd be worth atleast 15-18m maybe more if he keeps that form up this season coming up.

burning a ferrari? jeez lol

Nico10 12 years ago
Barcelona, Moldova 38 290

@Knibis - I heared about it. This guy is the Balotelli of la liga...everything happens to him.. some months ago he walked over his leg with his own car, now he burned his ferrari...he's crazy. This how looks his ferrari now:

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Nico: did he do that shit on purpose or was it the result of a crash? If the former, he is a complete tool.
BTW, Sky claim that West Ham have denied that they made the offer and they think it is because Carrol isn't keen on joining them. Personally, I can't blame him as I don't think it would be a good move for his career. The only way I think they'll get him is if he gets a SUBSTANTIAL increase in wages, which I don't see being as he's already on 80k/week.