Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Wayne Rooney's Debut for Derby County
Gennady 4 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Wayne Rooney shines for Derby County in his first game back in English football

Whatever you say about his fitness - and he is now 34 - there was always a sneaking suspicion he would still look a top player in the Championship.

It didn't take his teammates too long to realise those suspicions were correct.

Rooney had a phenomenal assist record in the top flight, setting up 103 goals. Only Ryan Giggs and Cesc Fabregas surpass him in the history books in that respect.

Elliott Simoes scored from close range to make it 1-1 five minutes into the second half after Ben Hamer had spilled the ball.

However, the hosts were soon back in front, with Rooney once again playing a key role.

The move began as he pinged the ball right the way across the pitch to find the advancing Andre Wisdom.

The full-back then played it in to Martyn Waghorn for what proved to be the winner - and his eighth of the season.

Comments
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Rooney could propably keep on playing for a few and still show some amount of brillance in each of his game. Really wish I could I've seen more of him in his prime though. :U

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lolz I was about to post exactly this.

I'm glad to see him back to England, as a player and starting his coaching career too (do think it's a bit soon though) :D

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Always liked Rooney for his elegance with passing and amazing vision aside from his striking abilities. He is all around complete player. I am also glad he is back in England.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Love a player coach that actually plays himself and can make a difference.

Martyn Waghorn is also a pretty good player himself. Used to play in the SPL for Rangers.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

*Update

Derby County has defeated EPL team Crystal Palace overnight in the FA Cup

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Ledley Yep, his arrival has boosted moral. Impressive win by Derby.