Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Vincent Kompany will not be at the Euro 2016
netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

enter image description here

Sad news for the Belgians and the red devils supporters.

Vincent Kompany was injured with Manchester City on Wednesday in the semifinals of the Champions League against Real Madrid. He left the field after 9 minutes. This was the fifth time this season he left the pitch injured.

I'll miss the Euros.

To me that's very sad news.

So I could be standing here, feeling sorry for myself. I could fear
for my career, as others may do. I could give up.

That is not me.

I decide on my future .

There is a bigger picture to everything in life and only failing to
see it, will cause me to fail.

I am a hard worker and a fighter and if you are too, then you know
that, to people like us, success can come in many forms. We trust
ourselves when the going gets tough.

I have the greatest respect for those who overcome their personal
challenges in life with a positive attitude.

I want to live up to that.

So I remain calm and positive. I will continue to follow my path and I
will do so with more conviction than ever.

I trust my friends and teammates to do well and do us proud at the
next European Championships in France. I am now officially their most
fervent supporter and I will be there to support them.

Written from my hospital bed,

Never giving up,

Vincent Kompany

Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Man, this is gonna be very hard for Belgium, hope Kompany get better soon, he doesn't deserve all those injury.

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Yes definitely, I don't know who could replace him for the Euro and Vermaelen is also always injured...
Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Jason Denayer, Nicolas Lombaerts, Thomas Vermaelen, Jordan Lukaku, Thomas Meunier, Guillaume Gillet, Luis Pedro Cavanda, Laurent Ciman, Dedryck Boyata, is probably the list of defenders we have, but I don't see someone here who can be the perfect substitute for Kompany...

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Alderweired and Vertonghen are good but I not sure they can truly replace Kompany, I agree this is a very complicated matter for Belgium. I wish you and Belgium good luck for I do not see an easy answer to that problem.

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Yes, I personally prefer Alderweireld as RB and Vertonghen as LB, but they will probably play as CB's
Anyway, thank you @Emobot7

iHEARTfootball 8 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Although it is a big blow, I don't think Kompany's absence will affect too much on the Belgian team. If it wasn't for Vertonghen and Alderweired partnering up together in nearly all of their Spur games this season, I think Wilmots would have had some trouble choosing his starting 11 without Kompany. Pochettino did Belgium an incredible favour here, and that's why I think putting both the belgians at CB would be Wilmot's best bet for the upcoming euros.

Let's not forget that Spurs came second, beating City (with Kompany included) not too long ago. And coming from me, their partnership was pretty solid every time we played against them. Good luck in the Euros, I'll be watching Eurovision as well in the meantime!!

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@Iheartfootball Thats a good point but personally, I would still think it would have been better if Kompany could have played as well, he ad thing to the team that Vertonghen and Alderweired don't and beside, you can never have too much debt in a team. Anyway, its the first time I saw you on the forum good sir and wanted to tell you it is nice to meet you. :)

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Pity

netsten 8 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@iHeart you're right that Vertonghen and Alderweireld had a fantastic season playing together with Spurs, and this is definitely a good point for our national team. The problem for me is not that they can play well as CB's, but more the other players we should pick to play as RB and LB, the team could suffer of weakness on both sides, that's what I'm a bit worried about.
Thanks man.