Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Villas-Boas sacked by Chelsea
GunnerGo 12 years ago
Arsenal, Venezuela 13 345

Andre Villas-Boas has been sacked after just eight months in charge at Chelsea.

The 34-year-old Portuguese has been axed 24 hours after the Blues' Premier League defeat at West Bromwich Albion.

Assistant manager Roberto di matteo, a former Chelsea midfielder, has
been placed in charge of the first-team until the end of the season.

A Chelsea statement read: "The board would like to record our gratitude
for his [Villas-Boas'] work and express our disappointmentthat the
relationship has ended so early.

"Unfortunately the results and performances of the team have not been
good enough and were showing no signs of improving at a key time in the
season.

"The club is still competing in the latter stages of the Champions
League and the FA Cup, as well as challenging for a top-four spot in the
Premier League, and we aim to remain as competitive as possible on all
fronts.

"With that in mind we felt our only option was to make a change at this time.

"With immediate effect Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed first team coach on an interim basis until the end of the season."

What do you think guys?

Comments
Raz0RXtreme 12 years ago
Chelsea, Netherlands 2 26

that guy just had to go that motherfucker his the reason why we are fifth, now if we can only bring back our veteran coach Mourinho and go back to our undefeated state, Chelsea 4 life.

yourmama 12 years ago
Lille, France 5 108

Good decision Abramovich i will suggest  to you to appoint this guy for new chelsea manager. the guy is legendary his call wait 4 it ................( yourmama)

Scous3r82 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 3 5

The fact is that Chelsea have removed a manager that wasn't good enough either with his man management skills, or his tactical awareness. At times I don't think even he knew what he was doing. It WAS the right decision to sack him I feel. However on a sidenote, instead of getting rid of managers all the time he wants to terminate contracts of some of his players. I can think of two right away who think they are bigger than the club.

There is only one GOD,

Robbie Fowler.

rescue_secure 12 years ago
England 25 1357

even if chelsea do bring back mourinho i dont thin he'll ave the same kinda players speakin in terms of their form and their abilities! almost all ave hit a low and they need some morale boostin to do! more importantly moral support that has been msiin from the chelsea camp for quite sometime now! i always believed sackin mourinho wud lead to the downfall of chelsea! no other manager cud do the wonders that the "special one" did! ancelotti got lucky! it was more like the after effects of mourinho that won em those 2 titles that year! even if mouringo does come back he's need a new fresh batch of players that he can mould nourish and polish into shining diamonds in hez very own unique way and bring chelsea back to their glory days!!!!

Economist 12 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 1 79

the next manager would possibly be Capello or Benitez. But they all will get sacked within 6 months.