Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Villarreal's average attendance is 32 percent of the city's population.
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

With 17 rounds of the 2018/19 LaLiga Santander season having been played, there is enough information on attendances to draw some conclusions.

One of the most interesting observations is that Villarreal's average attendance is 16,340, which is 32 percent of the city's population of 50,334. There is a similar story at Eibar, where 20 percent of their population of 27,417 are attending their matches at Ipurua.

They still have the lowest average attendance in the division, but it's impressive given the size of the town.

Average attendance per club

In total, 4,650,396 fans have attended the LaLiga Santander matches played already this season. Barcelona lead the way with 686,855 visitors to the Camp Nou for their nine matches.

Unsurprisingly, the match with the highest attendance so far this season was the Clasico in the Catalan capital, when 90,985 were at the Camp Nou.

The match with the fewest supporters in the stands was Eibar's clash with Huesca in the opening round of the campaign when there were just 4,209 at Ipurua.

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 5 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing :)

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

You are welcome. In France Guingamp have same pourcentage in term of attendance/population. And the club has even been playing EL at times. While in Ligue 2 or Liga adelante, big Coties fail to get results and promotion. Some small towns got genius Presidents.

DarthFooty 5 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1096

Crazy the size differences in stadiums, but when you have half your city going to your games, it is so awesome!

Barca B team plays in a 15,276 capacity stadium and Villareal is at 24,890.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

When 1/3 of the town population actively support you're club, you know you are doing something right. But despite this, its not going good at all for Villareal right now. Hope they will manage to stay up, it would be a shame if them or Bilbao were relegated

Chelsea FC 157 4232

It's similar in Burnley (Emobot sighs).

The population is 87,371 and Turf Moor's capacity is 22,546 so assuming full capacity that's 25.8% of the population.

I just checked that right then because whenever I play Burnley away in FIFA, the commentators make a note of how it's a 'town club' and 'the streets are almost empty on a matchday.'

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

I just checked that right then because whenever I play Burnley away in FIFA, the commentators make a note of how it's a 'town club' and 'the streets are almost empty on a matchday.'

That kind of stuff is basically what I love the most about FIFA. Really love they can bring unique commentary to lots of different teams nowaday.

But yeah, screw Burnley. I still don't like those guys even if I warmed up a bit more to them since last time. Tom Heaton and their defenses deserve some recognition but thats as far as I will go. :P

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

This is sad and disturbing.

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus What is, my senseless hate of Burnley?

Chelsea FC 157 4232

This might be a bit off topic but I only recently found out that Tenerife and Las Palmas are part of the Canary Islands and that the Canary Islands are quite far away from Spain. I thought Tenerife was in the Mediterranean :P

Pedro's from there (Santa Cruz de Tenerife) and Las Palmas is nearby, and I had no idea Las Palmas and their fans traveled such distances for matches.

Las Palmas fans travel about 78,362 km a season (stats from back when they were in La Liga), much greater than Celta Vigo fans at 32,534 km who travel the next greatest distance.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Villarreal is 7-8 km away from the province capital Castellon de la plana with almost 200k inhabitants. The province itself has 500-600k ppl... And Valencia is like 50-60 km away, which is at max 1hrs driving. So even if the town is relatively small there is a lot of ppl living in the near surroundings making the ”market” bigger than it actually seems.

If you compare that to a huge metropolitan city where the distances within that city alone could be greater.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

@Eden17Hazard17: haha I remember had such difficulties not confusing the city Las palmas (de gran canaria) with the city Palma (de mallorca) and the canary island named La palma. Palma-La Palma-Las Palmas :))

Emobot7 5 years ago
538 11432

haha I remember had such difficulties not confusing the city Las palmas (de gran canaria) with the city Palma (de mallorca) and the canary island named La palma. Palma-La Palma-Las Palmas :))

Thats actually pretty complicated to remember. :U

tuan_jinn 5 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

That sounds confusing hehehe

BlaugranaDude 5 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 0 414

Seing this post about La Liga teams attendance reminded of something LMAO

I remember there were memes (in Spanish) not many years ago poking fun at Getafe for not having many fans, the memes showed pictures of Getafe's stadium seemingly empty during matches. What was funny to me were the some comments of people saying that Getafe fans would rule the world, in jest of course, or something because of a certain adult video in which the "main character" was a Getafe fan. I think the last line he says is something like " The future will be full of Getafe fans, believe me."