{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

VAR
Comments
Jimbet 4 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

VARobbery!

Tuanis 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

I'm a firm believer that the VAR is a fantastic aid for football in general, but in this case why did the Ref not even check the replay? I thought when there was enough doubt he had to be the one to make the call.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

it has been implemented in absolutely terrible way. combine this with absolutely clueless EPL referees and it will make them look even worse.

Greatone 4 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

Yeah it’s actually retarded. You can see they were reasoning that chambers tripped up the defenders but you can also clearly see in slow motion that chambers also gets the ball before making contact with the defender. There’s so much contact against chambers as well. One of the worst calls I’ve seen in a while.

They need to fix VAR by making it transparent. People watching should be able to hear the discussions of the people making the decisions and ref should be called on for any tight decisions.

United_Hates_Blues 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 984

I think the refs just want more AFTV. XD

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Arsenal got to bé the most abused club by ref in England so far, each year they get robbed 5-10 pts over thé season.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Yes, it sucks but better have VAR than nothing. These referees though should be punished. I still yet to understand how even with video replay they still manage to mess up on obvious calls.

I genuinely think football is still being fixed with these decisions. It is getting harder to do it but these refs shamelessly call some of the tough decisions right and then manage to mess up on most obvious calls even after shown a replay and chance o change their mind.

Greatone 4 years ago Edited

VAR probably makes it easier to get away with fixing games as well. Before if there was a clear incident that was suspicious for match fixing, then we could point the finger at the ref that did it. Now the accountability is being shared between multiple people so its harder to charge refs with it. That plus the fact that the Federations fine and punish anyone who asks any sorts of questions about referees..

enter image description here

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

VAR probably makes it easier to get away with fixing games as well. Before if there was a clear incident that was suspicious for match fixing, then we could point the finger at the ref that did it. Now the accountability is being shared between multiple people, so its harder to charge refs with it. That plus the fact that the Federations fine and punish anyone who asks any sorts of questions about referees..

enter image description here

Lillit 4 years ago
Crystal Palace, Great Britain 0 3

Ronaldo starred in custom comics! Check it out →www.datejam.top

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I genuinely think football is still being fixed with these decisions.

agree so much. I mean, imagine you are that guy in the VAR room, you tell your friend to bet some stupid thing with high odds and get high reward. nothing is happening to the refs who do such a shit work.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

I also noticed that pundits don’t criticize these referees as much anymore.. do they also get in trouble for pointing out bad calls?

We saw how close race title was last year. We all know that these type of bad calls can be crucial at end of the season. If EPL going to boast about as best league in the world, then to fix this problem with referees should be priority.

I don’t know why fans don’t unite to get more attention from FA during matches but we are so quick to chant “ get out” to managers or players that are struggling. For example, when Arsenal fans rented a bloody plane to fly banner “ Wenger out”

Marcus2011 4 years ago Edited

Not picking on Arsenal as Chelsea as well as other clubs have similar fans.

Irony is that FA promotes “FairPlay” campaigns amongst players. Like gtfo

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Not picking on Arsenal as Chelsea as well as other clubs have similar fans.

Greatone 4 years ago

I also noticed that pundits don’t criticize these referees as much anymore.. do they also get in trouble for pointing out bad calls?

I'm pretty sure they will call them out if its a call AGAINST one of the favoured teams. Like you've probbaly noticed the commentators doing the same thing whilst commentating and slightly picking a side (because there are more fans of certain teams than other so the viewers don't mind)

all speculation, of course, but with the amount of money that is floating around right now, you can easily imagine it being done

Marcus2011 4 years ago

One thing i notice for sure it is that many pundits either are Liverpool or Manchester ex players or managers.

SuperFrankie 4 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

Honestly VAR was brought for the bookies.. More money.. their excuse is that VAR is brought to make the right decisions which is BS. You might say yes that decision was correct even tho it was only 1 cm offside, but let's be honest, the refs would never ever call that an offside in real time. It has to be the ones that want to protect the match score. Same incidents were more obvious with penalty decisions like last night.. Also Arsenal's disallowed goal, I was watching the match and the goal that was disallowed one week ago was just ridiculous because I haven't seen anything wrong in it from A to Z, they had to go all the way back to see if there was a contact that could look like a foul even slightly to rule it out. Pathetic. They are ruining the EPL with these shady decisions and obvious manipulations. They need to be investigated. No manager can complain openly either else they will get fined.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

@alex

I agree completely! Now it does make sense. VAR perhaps was brought to fix matches even more! Now they can justify it with bull sht calls!

Managers and footballers have no spine. They are brave on the pitch but outside are wussies and football fans are too dumb to reAlize something isn’t right. Perhaps, there is also criminal elements that are involved that they put fear for anyone to do any thing.

Ofcourse, I sound speculative but any gambling with large amount always involves criminal element. Gambling also one of the best ways to launder money. I wouldn’t be surprised if FA indirectly allows this shit. I wasn’t surprised when FIFA got investigated and found guilty of corruption, racketeering, money laundering and match fixing. It was conspiracy theories for the lunatics before FIFA accidentally fcked with the wrong country, United States, and took their chances to host World Cup. CIA quickly got to the bottom of it.

I just can’t wait for FA to cross the wrong organization.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Yesterday, with Chelsea. Before with Arsenal.
Also remember guys we still have referees by the goals in CL hahaha who are complete joke! If I ever cross one in my life I will straight up ask him did some one sht in your eyes or they just specifically hire you because of your selective vision

SuperFrankie 4 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 1 75

it's becoming more and more obvious tbh, football wasn't like this back in time.. Soon we will lose interest in the most beautiful sport just for their greed and corruption..

Greatone 4 years ago

Well tbh, football has ALWAYS been corrupt, thats why they are acting like its normal... because it is normal for them. You should read about match fixing in african second/third divisions for gambling syndicates to make huge money off.
It's just that now we have access to more information and its becoming clearer to the more general audience after these corruption scandals.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

It is a really a big shame when businessman care only for the profits but forgetting the true reason why 22 men chasing after one ball is popular. Fans. They aren’t screening athletes because they get paid well. Clubs here and there get screwed but they still earn money. True losers are fans who pay for cable tv, season tickets, match day tickets, shirts, and other inventories.