Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Valdes & Barcelona
ZeShenanigans 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 3 29

What do you think about valdes, should barca replace him or not. He's 30 and isn't in his greatest form... Another question is if Barca is replacing him which keeper do you think they should get?

I think they should get Szcensky or Courtois.

Comments
Trollman 11 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Good luck Courtois from Chelsea.

TylerCFC 11 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 37

Agreed with Trollman 

MRarsenal500 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 59 741

Szczesny is good. One of the Best young goalies.

FredTilson 11 years ago
Manchester City, France 61 769

They can play an extra defender and not have a goal keeper, that will still be better than Valdes.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

@Trollman it's rumored  that courtois might leave Chelsea because he is unhappy that he has never played a single game for Chelsea!

Anyhow, I think we should get Leno.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

News, evidence, quotes? Rumors, rumors. They rarely are true. Cech has been a great loyal keeper to us, but his time will come soon with Chelsea's policy for 1 year contracts with 30 and over players.

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Oh btw, my bro messed my Trollman account so I'll be using this one for now.

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

i hope soon bro... i cant take the stress from watchign barca games anymore and ripping my hair out everytime the defenders get near our goalkeeper. He doesnt make the saves goalies at his level should be making, he makes a lot of mistakes too. i have respect for the guy, but i think its time to get a better goalkeeper... pinto is not that great either.. 

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I think he should stay because he has done so much for us and has saved us so many times. He is one of our faithful captain's. Sure he made a couple mistakes here and there but he is still one of the top goalkeepers around and is extremely underrated. Any Barcelona fan who scolds Valdes is not a true fan and should go support a sugar daddy club.If worst goes and we are in dire need of a new goalkeeper, I prefer Diego Alves from Valancia, Lloris from Spurs, or Ali Ahamada from Toulouse.

MessiDona 11 years ago

^a true fan of barcelona would know where the weakest link in their team is. like i said, I respect the man for all he's done but there comes a time in a persons career when he is obsolete. 

MessiDona 11 years ago

and that is a pretty weak argument to make that "he should stay because he saved us so many times."
Ronaldinho has saved us MANY MANY times and he was basically forced to be traded out. I can list toooooo many names for people who have served barcelona well but once they proved to be a burden they were gone. 

tdot2barca 11 years ago

If you watched Barcelona games, you would know our weakest link is our defense. They are not tight enough, not good at defending set pieces, and always beaten by real pace. Ever since Valdes made that mistake with DiMaria that's when people started saying he's shit when he really isn't. I said "he should stay because he saved us so many times" is because our "fans" talk too much negativity about him as if he has never done anything for us, basically treating him the same way as Torres is treated. Valdes is more than great with amazing reflexes and always full concentration in the game. Just because he has made a couple mistakes here and there that has cost us, it doesn't mean hes garbage.. No goalkeeper is perfect.

MessiDona 11 years ago

........ our defense has been weak lately due to many injuries not cause they are weak itself. There communication has been off due to different defenders filling in the set defenders places lately (actually throughout this entire season) Dude... if healthy... we have a puyol, pique, alves, and alba - that is such a ridiculous lineup with mascherano filling in the D or playing defensive mid, he is solid to but does make mistakes sometimes. 
On the other hand valdes hasnt made a couple mistakes like you said dude... First off the amount of shots on goal against him is soooo small due to - 1. our defense. 2 barca possession playing style. In the few shots against him he makes too many mistakes. Think of it like this, its a percentage. Joe hart - gets a lot of shots against him, if he lets 1 go buy thats understandable,  the saves he makes are incredible too and 80% of the time the goals conceded against him are due to unlucky bounces or deflections. Valdes on the other hand makes simple goalie mistakes - most important ones positioning.  I dont know how many times I've seen him get scored on from the inside due to his bad positioning, also in 1 on 1 situations, he doesnt attack the ball aggressively (sacrificing his body, instead of not scared of getting kicked in the face) like buffon or casillas or hart does. 

Overall,  I'm not treating him how chelsea fans treat torres but instead just saying it would be very beneficial to us if we were to attain a better goalie. He's not a bad goalie but he's not a good goalie either. I have nothing but love for valdes, but his ending time is near

tdot2barca 11 years ago

No man it was even weak before. Although I love Puyol he is getting old and isn't as sharp as he used to be. Pique is great but loses concentration and Alba/Alves are more of wing backs that attack, rather then defend. So in the end we are subject to decent counter-attacks. Valdes is still great, maybe not top 5 best but in the top 10 for sure.. having a world class goalkeeper such as Casillas or Neuer is very rare and hard to buy because they are usually loyal to their club. Yes I do agree he gets beat at his near post quite often.. but I think he is good in one on one situations though. Although, I do agree it would be very beneficial to us if we were to attain a better goalie, just like it would be for any other team in the world.