Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

U.S. Women’s Soccer Team Sues U.S. Soccer for Gender Discrimination
Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

In the lawsuit, filed in United States District Court in Los Angeles, the 28 players accused the federation of engaging in “institutionalized gender discrimination.” The issues, the athletes said, affected not only their paychecks but also where they played and how often, how they trained, the medical treatment and coaching they received, and even how they traveled to matches.

One of the biggest differences in compensation is the multimillion-dollar bonuses the teams receive for participating in the World Cup, but those bonuses — a pool of $400 million for 32 men’s teams versus $30 million for 24 women’s teams — are determined by FIFA, world soccer’s governing body, not U.S. Soccer.

enter link description here

Comments
tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Well I’m not concerned but I will still give my point because you are debating about feminism not football...

Feminism was created by « the market « : ultra liberal rich families in the US. After WW2 even before one man salary was enough to feed a family. So before thinking about immigration they thought it’s better to divide it by 2 over the years... so they convinced women that being at home raising children ( stable people) and doing healthy food ( Mc donald won’t like ) is not good for them. They convinced them that men are alienating them and they can get to 10 hours work on factories with men to have a salary. Upper class women benefited from it and got home maid women doing double job in their mastress house then a the home late when they are tired.
Men union was getting fragile by mixity at work, their wife’s got another salary so everything doubled price.
Working for à women looked like a choice, with the inflation in the 60´s it became an obligation. One salary was no longer enough to feed family and pay loans....

This resulted in an individual society enslaved to the market, what we are actually. With fragile individuals, weakned males with no single character and many singles, btw spending their salaries to attract a women single who give everything to cosmetics and clothes....

Poor married women who have 2 jobs now, one outside the house and one once she comes back, creating uneducated fragile kids ready to get enslaved...

This is feminism for me. The dream of any poor women now is to marry a rich guy and spend her life neer a swimming pool. So before fighting for an ideal, please search for who created it and in what purpose.

For the level I don’t judge race or gender, if women football starts generating their own economy then I don’t mind how much they get paid. For the level, sorry an under 15 yo in France would take any ligue 1 female club. We got 6 feet black people at 15 yo in our center formations... even man cannot compete

Tuanis 5 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Just to keep track of the conversation and get back on topic..

Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

im done with this thread because we are going around in circles repeating the same points, but for those saying that womens football is on par in technical and skill levels, try watching a top level womens football game, now compare it with mens, now compare the level of defending and pressure that the players are up against, now compare the tactical nuances that the women play with. you can't. its ridiculous. women footballers sometimes might look comparable in the fact that wow they did something amazing but they would never have the space, the lack of pressure, the gaps to play into if they were playing against male players (even if the men were handicapped in reduced strength/speed) as men footballers have been trained a lot more and a lot better against high quality opposition constantly.
womens football will grow slowly as more players start playing and the basic rule of competition is the stronger the people/rivals around you are, the more you will grow. right now its a joke in comparison.

gigiracy 5 years ago Edited
0 15

In the lawsuit, filed in United States District Court in Los Angeles, the 28 players accused the federation of engaging in “institutionalized gender discrimination.” The issues, the athletes said, affected not only their paychecks but also where they played and how often, how they trained, the medical treatment and coaching they received, and even how they traveled to matches.

https://filezilla.software/ https://downloader.vip/malwarebytes/ https://downloader.vip/rufus/

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Marcus2011 5 years ago

@darthfooty

You keep mentioning skills and competence, but you forget the context. If this job was demanding mainly cognitive input then yes females can match man with skills and competence to perform on same level, therefore if they are also putting same amount of input and even brining better results then YES gender pay gap would have been very valid ( although, honestly i feel like now days every company give jobs to females even when they aren't as qualified or working as hard but LAW says you should have diversity).

<< Food for a thought : Man works longer hours, dedicates more, performs better and has higher average productivity than woman on average not pulling out of my ass FACTS - RESEARCHES but we live in FCK up times when truth must be silenced for the benefit of the weak. Just search in gov. websites>>

OK SO .. In female football ( or sport) divisions context, yes there are some incredibly skillful female players and competent performers, but if they are placed into males division context, they don't impress any more than college football team. Speed, strength, physicality, tactical display and etc you name it, by females is far inferior in comparison to males but all of those factors MAKE THE SPORT MORE ENGAGING, would you not agree that we like fast and smart football with some briliant flare and tactical display in between?

This is an entertainment sport which is meant to to show the highest level of human capability to perform and people are willing to pay for it. Simple. Females don't demonstrate that level of entertainment due to their nature of being inferior to man. Yes i said it not because it is my opinion but these are SCIENTIFIC FACTS. To ask for equal pay when their pay ratio is already equal and even higher at times is incredibly stupid and greedy. if they would like better marketing or promotion, training conditions, better football field, and traveling accommodations to perform then sue the Federation for that if they aren't doing enough but not for the pay gap?? Nahh That is extortion by using female discrimination card.

HERE is another story for you:

I was passing by a building being painted and remodeled on a cold afternoon. Didn't see a single female there. Went down the road saw a construction team. Not a single female there either. My cousin had his spine restructured because he over worked in oil field, yet he never mentioned about any females there because they were none. I know a guy has College degree but drives TRUCK for living. How come feminists don't fight for the equal diversity in those low skilled jobs?? Why not include more females there?

BUT i go to most banks and always see about 70% female employees , retail store, went once to visit my friend at Deloittes same crap. All the comfortable office jobs. I was working in Accounting firm ( 85% females!!! ). I know personally one company that deals with loans for autos 100% female and only the owner is male. Where are these feminists coming and saying gender discrimination? Such hypocrisy

Yeah, i feel like men in the west are becoming less worthy than a dog. This is why this whole football team asking for money is self entitled tantrum because women now days get away with a lot. They want all the equality as a man and more often more than that and still be treated like female.

mimi220 5 years ago
Wolfsburg, Algeria 0 8

womens team has signed in 2005 agreement that they will be getting 72 k flat annual wage no matter what and various performance bonuses will be added as they progress.

gigiracy 5 years ago
0 15

garudabhatnagar 4 years ago
Indian Arrows, India U23 0 4

@Marcus2011 Great reply my friend. I never meant to try and counter the fact that they are not on par with the men's side in attendance, popularity, and physical ability, because they are not, nor will ever be. I intended, then failed miserably, to try and provide some points to allow you to think about this from a different perspective.

My wife is livid that the ladies are not getting as much money as the men because they have been more successful in the sport [soccer rules][1] winning wise. I asked her if she thought it fair to be equal when revenue, attendance, and marketing value prove a huge difference between the men's side and the women's, she said no, it would not be fair.

Once I took out that it was not based on their skill level or competence, she could not say that it would be fair. She is also >coming from a non-sports background and sees jobs as relative to skill, knowledge, and ability over just speed and strength.

My only contention out of all that I have seen here or read where ever I look, is how people dismiss the ladies from a competence and skill stand point. Of course there is physical differences, but they are not less smart, less intuitive, less creative, or have less ability.

Note: After my question to my wife, she said "Don't you have a game or something?" which means, go away I want to watch TV. haha

Indeed you are right it happens :)

garudabhatnagar 4 years ago
Indian Arrows, India U23 0 4

we should cheer womens in football playing

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What a load of craps. I am all for equality and whatever i need to say, everyone here have already said it.

Their should be equal treats for equals circumstances and equal treatments. Women football is nice but nobody gives a crap beside their family and friends or when it comes to national team. Dont be hypocrite. Okay some, but they generate much less revenues, attentions etc... And they already earn shit loads of money.

Now forcing equal pay just because they are women is the biggest sexism there is.

DarthFooty 4 years ago Edited
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I would suggest closing this thread. It will not go anywhere and only brings negative comments from all involved, including myself. I am not here to change anyone or bring them over to my side, we all have our own beliefs. I am clearly the minority on this topic and that is just mine, no hard feelings.

Close the thread and let's move onto other football.

On second thought, keep it going if you like, I'll just stay out of it.

• History

I would suggest closing this thread. It will not go anywhere and only brings negative comments from all involved, including myself. I am not here to change anyone or bring them over to my side, we all have our own beliefs. I am clearly the minority on this topic and that is just mine, no hard feelings.

Close the thread and let's move onto other football.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Liberal way of doing arguing on their supported agenda. if it opens can of worms with strong facts against their motion, then lets close it, forget it and throw it under the bridge, yet continue making sure that initial agenda progresses.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Let's stay civilized, but i havent seen much violation to close this thread unless the OP ask to.

Nice to read anyone opinion on this topic though. It has and will always be a controversial, topic.

• History

Thread closed.

Nice to read anyone opinion on this topic though.

expertfootball11 4 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

All depends on revenue. As with some firms who traditionally pay women less than men for the same job, its not because they WANT women to earn less, but is that other factors come in, financial for the most part, which prevent them from increasing their wages. Even this can be solved eventually with consultations etc...
However you cannot force anyone to watch women's football, it's entirely out of reach. The only things that has to change is the sponsorship, which need to follow a more stricter policy in that regard, assuring equal sponsorship. However, I don't think that the US football federation can do much about it, it's out of their reach, they don't pay the players, I'm pretty sure they want women to earn as much as men, but a multitiude of factors make it impossible. The best the US football federation can do is to reject offers from sponsors who do not sponsor women's team too.

• History

All depends on revenue. As with some firms who traditionally pay women less than men for the same job, its not because they WANT women to earn less, but is that other factors come in, financial for the most part, which prevent them from increasing their wages. Even this can be solved eventually with consultations etc...
However you cannot force anyone to watch women's football, it's entirely out of reach. The only things that has to change is the sponsorship, which need to follow a more stricter policy in that regard, assuring equal sponsorship. However, I don't think that the US football federation can do much about it, it's out of their reach, they don't pay the players, I'm pretty sure they want women to earn as much as men, but a multitiude of factors make it impossible.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

@Marcus2011 This is totally my fault as I never did do my homework to supply evidence for what I was saying, and I own that. Feel free to label me in any fashion you see fit, I know who I am and I am happy with that. Perhaps if I was a bit younger and more interested in social media, I would take the time to argue back, but eh, life has more interesting things to do. haha

Besides, I am not looking to force my perspective on anyone, especially when we aren't really listening to each other.

Carry one peeps. Say what ya want, and have a great day!

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

Personally, I don't think there is much more to add to the topic, I think everything have already been said and since the issue has been mostly dropped in media either way (haven't heard about it in the news recently anyway), I don't really see why we're bringing this thread back from the dead just cause some new user commented on it.

Not saying we should close it but I don't see why there's a need to revisit the topic immediatly.

• History

Personally, I don't think there is much more to add to the topic, I think everything have already been said and since the issue has been mostly dropped in media either way (haven't heard about it in the news recently anyway), I don't really see why we're bringing this thread back from the dead just cause some new user commented on it.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

@emo

Because “ THIS IS FOOTYROOM!!!”

@darth

It is simple logic. Research not needed. In market economy people get rewarded for the amount of output they produce which in football is entertainment. It would be fair if one worked produces less and earns equally as the other worker. When female players will play in front of 40k plus fans and millions behind the screens every week, then they will earn what they are asking for. Until then keep trying but nice try to get to what they don’t deserve

Greatone 4 years ago

I'm in agreement with you with you in that market forces will determine the value of someone's work.

and I really don't believe women footballers should be earning the same as men at the current point in time at all. They are about 30 years behind the men's game.

(read up on the ban on women's football in the early 20th century. really interesting because before the ban they were actually getting lots of fans and the game could've been developing at an equal rate to the men's game but the huge interruption actually put em back around 30 years :) )

BUT and big but. Ask yourself how do you grow and develop things? you have to invest, so there needs to be a middle ground in terms of pay that can encourage the growth which should probably come from the men's game. Like a "supporting women's football tax". In the end the bigger football gets the more money there can be available for both women and men.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

@greatone

I absolutely agree that they should invest in women’s football, but how is paying current Female players is going to help other young girls?

Also, USA has the most advanced facilities, foundation and attention to females football. Girls play in high school then in College, and they get more scholarship offers than males because American colleges like american football and basketball players more.

Real sexism is taking money from hard working males and then another sexism is saying that females aren’t capable of doing it on their own. We used to buy our own shirts, ball, train ourselves on sh*tty stadium and even pay for our transport to get to competitions ... I don’t think girls in America are suffering from that situation.

Greatone 4 years ago

football is a very top down sport. What makes people want to become professional footballers? crappy pay that means they won't get even slightly rewarded for their sacrifices and effort? If you want more numbers playing the game so that there are more girls playing then more women playing, there needs to be incentive, an attractive level of pay that is (most likely) more than what they should be getting... that's just another market force - an external one. it's not stealing; the bigger football gets, the more fans it steals from other sports, the more money there is floating in the system. Ask any third fourth division player in italy or spain if they get any money. now imagine that there are more fans who would want to go to the lower league games because there's more interest in football? investments aren't stealing

in the end of the day, your opinion will remain the same if you don't actually want the women's game to succeed. To suggest that women don't work just as hard at their sport is quite stupid. I'm quite sure that women have to go through other challenges that male footballers don't have to, mainly such as balancing playing professionally with their full time because they can't live off the pay that they make from their footballing career. is it not hard work ?
and to suggest that that is a problem with sexism as opposed to the American system of allocating funds means you are misdirecting your vitriol.